BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #45
doberzus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg View Post
I didn't know the X3M was that inexpensive.

My sticker was 101k but I walked out at 92k.
Yes, the Mercedes is the better car IMO. However, it shows in the price as well.

My new X3M Competition stickered at $82,695. I got $5K+ off MSRP + 1500 Loyalty +$1000 Grad Credit. So $75K out the door before taxes, etc.

That's a $17K price difference and mine was pretty much a fully loaded car.

I think this is a similar delta as the X3M40i vs X3MC. So even if the BMW is a tad slower to 60MPH, I think it may be the better value. However, if money is no object...I'd swing the AMG, no doubt.

RECENT PAST: 2016 F80 Austin Yellow (6MT) / 2017 F80 Atlantis Metallic (DCT-ZCP) / 2017 Challenger Hellcat 8A / 2017 Focus RS/ 2017 Shelby GT350 / 2018 Audi TTRS / 2018 Raptor Crew Cab / 2020 X3M Comp
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #46
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg View Post
I didn't know the X3M was that inexpensive.

My sticker was 101k but I walked out at 92k.
Yes, the Mercedes is the better car IMO. However, it shows in the price as well.

My new X3M Competition stickered at $82,695. I got $5K+ off MSRP + 1500 Loyalty +$1000 Grad Credit. So $75K out the door before taxes, etc.

That's a $17K price difference and mine was pretty much a fully loaded car.

I think this is a similar delta as the X3M40i vs X3MC. So even if the BMW is a tad slower to 60MPH, I think it may be the better value. However, if money is no object...I'd swing the AMG, no doubt.
I wouldn't say it's a better car. to me, only thing better is the exhaust note (due to it being a V8)

if GLC63 was a 6 cylinder, I'll take the BMW all day, everyday
      09-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #47
ghstm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 M2/F97 X3M COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
Hi guys!

Just got my 2020 X3M in Donington Grey and had some questions about the ZF 8 speed automatic transmission. I posted this as a question in another thread, with no response. I thought I'd start a thread on this.

Does anyone know if the ZF 8 speed will let you keep it "on boil" in Auto mode (on most aggressive shift level 3) so it will automatically shift for you when doing a 2nd gear roll at say 40MPH?

Say you're driving down the street in 5th gear auto mode, in Sport+ in "D" mode shift level 3. Then you want to downshift to 2nd gear to keep the motor "on boil", then floor it and have the transmission *automatically shift for you.

My Audi's all did this which was great for roll racing or overtaking in desired gear without waiting for the kickdown and the turbos/transmission to react..
I have not found a way this can be done in the X3M (or F80's, but that was DCT). In my F80's I had to manually shift which was annoying on rolls.

I hope that makes sense. Can anyone confirm this?
I have experienced this as well. On anything from sport to sport plus and auto shifting it holds the gear I can literally accelerate over 4K rpms and it still does not shift to higher gear. I think the system thinks you are sending it. Lol
Appreciate 0