BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
LostX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Black Vernasca w/blue contrast stitching/piping

Any good pics of the blue stitching? About to order and want to get his right.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
wadded
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Here you go. 👍🏼
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MPoweRo428.00
D69GMB452.50
werdn656.00
      12-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
LostX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadded View Post
Here you go. 👍🏼
Thank you. Much appreciated. I went with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 05:36 PM   #4
Tex94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i, Carbon Black

Garage List
Looks good. That was my initial first choice but I switched to get ventilated seats. Had I only known that the ventilated option seriously downgraded the seat quality, I wouldn’t have made that change. Love everything else about the X3 but the seats so that is unfortunate. Next time, I would get what you did. Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 05:37 PM   #5
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

I love mine, get compliments on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 07:10 PM   #6
LostX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex94 View Post
Looks good. That was my initial first choice but I switched to get ventilated seats. Had I only known that the ventilated option seriously downgraded the seat quality, I wouldn't have made that change. Love everything else about the X3 but the seats so that is unfortunate. Next time, I would get what you did. Enjoy
Thank you. Now the wait begins.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostX View Post
I liked the blue stitching initially but decided on the cognac. What exterior color did you go with? I actually just got my 2nd prod# today (car arrived at the dealer yesterday, but gave up my original order and decided to add more options)....so, I join you for "the wait" once more
      12-08-2018, 08:40 PM   #8
LostX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostX View Post
I liked the blue stitching initially but decided on the cognac. What exterior color did you go with? I actually just got my 2nd prod# today (car arrived at the dealer yesterday, but gave up my original order and decided to add more options)....so, I join you for "the wait" once more
Black on black w/blue stitching.

Was going with Cognac but I think I'd tire of it after 6 months. More of a novelty for me.
Appreciate 1
SROC31701.00
      12-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #9
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Had I only known that the ventilated option seriously downgraded the seat quality, I wouldn’t have made that change.
I'm new to the X3 forum and I'm hoping you could elaborate on your comment above? I'm considering G01 M40i to replace my F15 X5 early next year and the ventilated seats were definitely on my radar. Maybe they shouldn't be?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #10
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGoober View Post
Quote:
Had I only known that the ventilated option seriously downgraded the seat quality, I wouldn't have made that change.
I'm new to the X3 forum and I'm hoping you could elaborate on your comment above? I'm considering G01 M40i to replace my F15 X5 early next year and the ventilated seats were definitely on my radar. Maybe they shouldn't be?
Ventilated seats are different than the standard sport seats in the M40i - mainly in the form of non-adjustable side bolster. Many M40i owners (myself included) love getting hugged by the adjustable side bolster and stay in place during spirited driving. If this is important to you, than get the standard non-ventilated seat.
Appreciate 1
XGoober295.00
      12-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #11
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Ventilated seats do not have the regular side-bolstering that regular (non-ventilated) seats do. A lot of people who did opt for the ventilated seats regret their decision due to the lack of side-support. It basically makes the seat back "flatter" with less "sides" - making them slide side-to-side. I know what this feels like - when I had my loaner X5s - the big thing I noticed was the non-MSport Pkg seats. Flat and non-supportive. It annoyed me how I wasn't bolstered in the middle of my seat with the proper amount of support. Plus - a lot of people complain that the seats don't even ventilate well enough to begin with. I'd try and sit in a cars that have both and see if it affects you as much.
      12-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #12
Tex94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i, Carbon Black

Garage List
Quote:
In addition to the point above about side bolstering (100% non adjustable and essentially non existent with ventilated seats) the actual seat is different. People who have tried both generally say the standard seats are more comfortable while the ventilated ones are harder. I don’t have non ventilated but do agree about the firmness of the ventilated ones. Also the design of the seat back is subtly different and appears to have less width at the top of the seat which I equate to less shoulder support. At 6’3” that is an issue for me. It’s hard for me to say whether these issues exist in the other seats but they aren’t as comfortable as other high end seats I have had in Porsche, MB or other BMWs.
Appreciate 1
XGoober295.00
      12-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #13
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks a lot guys. I'm just starting to really dig into the G01 so this definitely helps.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #14
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

If you do lean towards getting the ventilated seats, make sure and thoroughly try them out first because many have said that the seats don't ventilate very well at all. Some have said if they knew that ahead of time, they would have went with the standard sport seat. Also get more color choices that way.
Appreciate 1
XGoober295.00
      12-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #15
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
If you do lean towards getting the ventilated seats, make sure and thoroughly try them out first because many have said that the seats don't ventilate very well at all. Some have said if they knew that ahead of time, they would have went with the standard sport seat. Also get more color choices that way.
Understood. I have the ventilated seats in my F15 X5 and I get what folks tend to say about them being a little lacking. The way they work is quite subtle, so if you turn them on and expect to be blasted out of it with cool air, you are going to be disappointed. I think of them more as a body heat sink. They will not actively cool you, but they do a decent job of removing excess heat so you don't sweat. I was living in AZ when I specced my X5 so they were a must for those 110 degree summers. Again, the effect was nothing like A/C, but they definitely kept the sweat at bay.

Somehow I feel like if they were channelling an actively cooled airstream it might not be good for you for anything more than short blasts. I'm not a doctor, but I remember reading something like that back when I was researching the feature in various cars before I bought the X5. As they are implemented in BMWs, you can leave it on all the time and emerge without having to blow dry your shirt

Now that I'm living in the Seattle area, summer heat is less of a concern so I suspect I will choose bolsters over ventilation if I end up in the X3.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #16
Eighty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

I believe there was a change in the 2019. I had ventilated in my '18, when I went to order a '19 I sat in a '19 with ventilated seats and it felt different (softer/comfortable). The standard seats seemed to narrow on the seat part.

all personal opinion.. i have 0 data to confirm/deny that seats are in fact different from the '18 and '19 model. I changed my '19 order to go back to ventilated for the reasons stated above. Also, it won't blow you out of the seat, but, it is nice in the summer to have air flow.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #17
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I like to think of the ventilated seats as a "comfort" seat.

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 10:53 AM   #18
thekronoschef
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadded View Post
Here you go. 👍🏼
Looks fantastic! Which trim did you pair with the leather? I'm ordering the same and am leaning towards Aluminum.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #19
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekronoschef View Post
Looks fantastic! Which trim did you pair with the leather? I'm ordering the same and am leaning towards Aluminum.
I have the aluminum trim paired with the black vernasca and blue stitching and it works out really well. I was never a fan of the aluminum but the X3 on the lot had it and I have ended up being really happy with it.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #20
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:
I have the aluminum trim paired with the black vernasca and blue stitching and it works out really well. I was never a fan of the aluminum but the X3 on the lot had it and I have ended up being really happy with it.
Here's a quick photo.
Attached Images

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #21
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Here's a picture with Aluminum Rhombicle. I like the texture and that it leaves behind no smudges or fingerprints.
Attached Images

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #22
thekronoschef
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's a quick photo.
Thanks! I like that it looks almost "brushed". It generally looks more uniform and monotone in most pics. Your closeup shows more life. I like it a lot!
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00