BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-23-2024, 03:54 PM   #1
forgetcolor
Rep
Drives: Ford Ranger (X3 hopeful)

X3 30i Sensatec seat comfort before vs after the 2022 LCI?

I'm trying to narrow down my target for for an X3 30i purchase (hopefully CPO but also still considering a custom order new), and am currently focused on seat comfort. In searching through the archives, I'm finding some mentions of a seat comfort improvement with 2022 and later Sensatec seats, but nothing definitive. Can anyone who's encountered both pre- and post-LCI (2022) Sensatec seats comment on the relative comfort across that design update?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 06:58 PM   #2
ridetime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetcolor View Post
I'm trying to narrow down my target for for an X3 30i purchase (hopefully CPO but also still considering a custom order new), and am currently focused on seat comfort. In searching through the archives, I'm finding some mentions of a seat comfort improvement with 2022 and later Sensatec seats, but nothing definitive. Can anyone who's encountered both pre- and post-LCI (2022) Sensatec seats comment on the relative comfort across that design update?
I traded a 21 for a 24. The Sensatec material on the 24 seems a little softer to sit on. This may be because the LCI gets perforated material and the 21 was non perf. Otherwise the basic seat shape feels the same to me. The new Sensatec actually feels softer than the leather X3's I sat in. Leather looks better but Sensatec feels better/softer.
Appreciate 0