BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-05-2023, 01:17 AM   #67
glennbk
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepppie View Post
Thanks! That was the problem. Difficulty on this retrofit was that the donor car is a F97 (X3M) which is a total different car than my G01 (X3).

The problem was pin 14, which needed to be disconnected from the driver seat and needs to be connected to the passenger seat. After that; both modules showed up correctly in ISTA!

Also the OLED airco panel is coded, so no more errors from this module, shows the correct functions and is fully functioning.

Sadly this is the end of this retrofit; the whole interior has been replaced and everything is correctly coded and functioning. The puzzle with the seat modules was, after all, not a difficult one, but cost me a lot of time to figure out.

I'm leaving you guys with a picture of the center display and airco panel with the new options

I miss all the buttons...
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2023, 04:27 AM   #68
Pepppie
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbk View Post
I miss all the buttons...
I love the OLED screen only showing the ones that are active

(And getting a original G01-panel (buttons) with only seat ventilating AND without seat heating was a hell of a job to find)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 12:53 AM   #69
JonasM40i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i LCI

I have to say "thank you" to this thread. It helped me a lot.

I replaced the piano black interieur of my car with a matte carbon one. I also covered the plastic on the door and the door handle with alcantara and lined the door comparement with needlefelt that things like keychains no longer rattle.

One door is finished, three remaining
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Pepppie82.50
      01-27-2024, 10:44 PM   #70
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC X3M40i, DINAN M5 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperAustriaM40i View Post
I have to say "thank you" to this thread. It helped me a lot.

I replaced the piano black interieur of my car with a matte carbon one. I also covered the plastic on the door and the door handle with alcantara and lined the door comparement with needlefelt that things like keychains no longer rattle.

One door is finished, three remaining
Did you have to remove the entire door cards to replace the door trim?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 01:26 PM   #71
JonasM40i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i LCI

Yes I had. It is not possible without dismounting it. because the trim is welded.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 01:52 AM   #72
Pepppie
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Rated View Post
Did you have to remove the entire door cards to replace the door trim?
Have a look at one of my earlier posts in this topic. It gives you an idea (including the manuals) how to fix it. Really not a big deal. Just take your time, don't rush and check everything 3 times
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 11:10 PM   #73
bimmermongrel
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

For the life of me I can't find an alternative source for a bundle of those TS 4x10 repair screws, even on ebay they're $2 each at least, some asshats even ask $17 for a single! I've used Amazon's hardware search to narrow the 4 x 10 but coming up empty on anything that looks like a match. Anyone have a lead on these stateside?

Our 19 M40i came with black & rhombus aluminum interior but the driver's side is scratched to hell and most of the ambient lights are in poor shape anyway, so since my wife would have preferred wood I'm going to try & swap it all out for grey poplar. Found a full set (6 pieces) in good condition on eBay for $200, hard not to attempt it since that's the same price as the single OEM door trim.
Appreciate 0