BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #45
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktang912 View Post
Same here. I haven't seen a F25 X3 with this colour combination in flesh, but I guess this may give a bit more feeling of personal preference. Besides, being in a relatively much less populated country, we do not have a lot of choices on colours and features; the worst part is: we have to pay almost twice as much of what our American friends do for the same X3, yet we get less warranty period!
Sometimes we just need to forget about the bad part and focus on the good part - enjoying the driving... when it arrives.

PS. I have had the website of this forum open on my iPad all the time since I ordered the car. I am really grateful that people are so helpful here. Thanks mates!
At least you don't live in Singapore...!

So you can't order the same options as us over here? You'd have thought they'd be available... they are all made in the same factory...!

What date is yours due to arrive? I assume it has a longer boat trip than mine...
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #46
ktang912
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
At least you don't live in Singapore...!

So you can't order the same options as us over here? You'd have thought they'd be available... they are all made in the same factory...!

What date is yours due to arrive? I assume it has a longer boat trip than mine...
Currently it is due to arrive in mid June. Finger crossed!

We do get some options of features for selection, but not as extensive. Saying that, the 30d comes with as standard: Nevada leather with lumber support and memory, prof. Nav, xLine and xenon lights, so not too much complaints here.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #47
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 30d

My dealer has given me a chassis number and told me my 30d is in production now. This is slightly early as it was forecast as week 17 for production.

BMW are saying early June for UK delivery but the dealer feels this is pessimistic and anticipates late May.

I guess it will probably come over on the same boat as Jay Ell and stumblingtrouts cars who were week 17 and 16 build respectively.

Any news on your deliveries?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #48
kaland
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: MY14 BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheballcity View Post
My dealer has given me a chassis number and told me my 30d is in production now. This is slightly early as it was forecast as week 17 for production.

BMW are saying early June for UK delivery but the dealer feels this is pessimistic and anticipates late May.

I guess it will probably come over on the same boat as Jay Ell and stumblingtrouts cars who were week 17 and 16 build respectively.

This is good news, as mine is supposed to be produced this week and has also been told to expect delivery in june.
Guess all european orders are shipped on the same boat and to the same harbor before it´s spread out to the different countries.
      04-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #49
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaland View Post
This is good news, as mine is supposed to be produced this week and has also been told to expect delivery in june.
Guess all european orders are shipped on the same boat and to the same harbor before it´s spread out to the different countries.
Yes, my dealer said the boat drops the cars off in Germany and they are distributed from there. I did see another thread on the forum suggesting the UK cars go to Southampton though. Not sure which is correct.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #50
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
I'm pretty certain the UK cars go straight to the UK, mine certainly did... there are a few car tracked (possibly in the "UK orders" topic and they definitely shows that... so unless they changed shipping method recently...
      04-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #51
Jay Ell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Garage List
Quote:

That IS very interesting indeed..
The last call I had, which was the start of this week, was from the sales manager informing me that my sales rep at my dealer just quit!
So I'm thinking that communication now for me will fall off a cliff.
This at least gives me reason to call them and get an update.
[Current] F40 M135i ('23) / [Gone] F80 M3 CP ('18), F36 435i ('15), F25 X3 30d ('13), E84 X1 23d ('09), R56 Mini Cooper S ('07), E60 M5 ('07), R53 Mini Cooper ('02), E60 545i ('03), E36 328iS ('98), E36 320i ('93)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #52
Booty
Enjoying it!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0D M

Hope you get lucky!

My dealer, and IMO, was full of shite from day one! Promised start of May, then end of May, then first week in April. Car was in uk for 12 days and dealer still said couldn't guarantee second week in April. Simply told him it better be here or cancel order... Surprise it arrived!

As I said, I hope you have the rare dealer who fulfills his promise.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #53
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, my dealer said the boat drops the cars off in Germany and they are distributed from there. I did see another thread on the forum suggesting the UK cars go to Southampton though. Not sure which is correct.
They come into a port up north, Yorkshire somewhere and then all go to BMW's big prep centre in Yorkshire. I forget which town, i did write it down somewhere because I asked!
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #54
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty View Post
Hope you get lucky!

My dealer, and IMO, was full of shite from day one! Promised start of May, then end of May, then first week in April. Car was in uk for 12 days and dealer still said couldn't guarantee second week in April. Simply told him it better be here or cancel order... Surprise it arrived!

As I said, I hope you have the rare dealer who fulfills his promise.
How long from your car being finished in the USA to receiving it? from what I hear, about 8 weeks is normal.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #55
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
They come into a port up north, Yorkshire somewhere and then all go to BMW's big prep centre in Yorkshire. I forget which town, i did write it down somewhere because I asked!
Lets hope they do come straight to the UK, it will be quicker!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #56
Booty
Enjoying it!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0D M

Quote:
How long from your car being finished in the USA to receiving it? from what I hear, about 8 weeks is normal.
Not sure mate.

My car landed at Southampton and then made its way to Oxford before distribution from there.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #57
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty View Post
Not sure mate.

My car landed at Southampton and then made its way to Oxford before distribution from there.
Mine was ordered 8th of Dec, was built around the 15th january, and arrived at the dealer the 20th of february to be picked up the 1st march...

So depending how the 'build slots' align with the UK boat, it can be a lot quicker than 8 weeks...
      04-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #58
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Mine was ordered 8th of Dec, was built around the 15th january, and arrived at the dealer the 20th of february to be picked up the 1st march...

So depending how the 'build slots' align with the UK boat, it can be a lot quicker than 8 weeks...
Does anyone know how frequently the ships run across to the UK ?
MS
      04-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #59
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post

This sort of fits in with my dealers guesstimate of around a couple of weeks better than BMW. I suppose BMW have to allow themselves some slack.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #60
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Phoned my dealer today. My car has been built and is at the port. He is confident it will be in the UK in week 20 and "definitely 100%" in my hands by the original dealer estimate of the 25th May. Lets wait and see!

Anyone else got an update from the week 16 and 17 build cohort?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #61
deVisée
Rep
Drives: X3

Picking up mine tomorrow, sleepless night ahead!

Ordered in November...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #62
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deVisée View Post
Picking up mine tomorrow, sleepless night ahead!

Ordered in November...
That was some wait! Enjoy tomorrow it should be a great day.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #63
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Phoned my dealer today. My car has been built and is at the port. He is confident it will be in the UK in week 20 and "definitely 100%" in my hands by the original dealer estimate of the 25th May. Lets wait and see!

Anyone else got an update from the week 16 and 17 build cohort?
You may be able to track it. Follow instructions here

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480776
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #64
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You may be able to track it. Follow instructions here

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480776
Thanks. Looking at the sailing times to Southampton the next boat (Courage) leaves the USA on the 03/05/13 and arrives in Southampton on the 22/05/13 so if this is the correct route it looks like my dealer is wrong and the car won't be here week 20.

However my dealer thinks the cars go to Germany first. The same boat calls in Bremerhaven in Germany on the 19/05/13 - still later than week 20 though.

I'll try and clarify this with him tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #65
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I think they all go to Germany first, even if there are no X3s for delivery to German customers on the ship. It's like a blessing

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #66
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

I've been told the 10th June for mine, but this may change either way depending on boat schedules etc...

I'll email him for an update...
Appreciate 0