BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #23
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ell View Post
yeah it's a pain they way they do that.
luckily, I manged to keep mine. I don't think my kids would have spoken to me ever again if I hadn't gotten them heated rear.. they fight every morning over the front seat on the school run .. not that I'm around for that, but I hear about it most days

this wait is killing me though !!!!
one other thing I've noticed, which doesn't help with the wait.. I never see any on the road! Not one.
I remember the days (~ 1970's) when I would have been given a heated rear for complaining too much about trivial matters . How life has changed in 30 years... when we used to complain about the banger my dad used to drive, his response was '3rd class riding is better then 1st class walking'- True
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #24
Stephen H
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Excellent. Have you ever driven a 30d? obviously i'll be going from 241bhp to 313bhp but are there many differences in driving characteristics? Also, whats the best mpg you see on a long motorway run? How do you find the VDC makes the car ride over uneven road surfaces? My 530d can also be very harsh and that's what made me choose it - it seems a best of both worlds option... Does the car always feel sure footed through corners? That's my biggest complaint with the 5 series, it's capable but doesn't sit as nicely in a corner as I like.

The only thing I'm really annoyed about is there is no adaptive cruise control option on the X3. I really wanted it!
I drove a X3 30d with standard suspension. The engine was great and it felt just a quick as my X5 40d. The standard suspension was good but after the X5 I wanted the adjustable to make the car better in all conditions. I have been well impressed with the VDC so far. Its great in comfort on our poor roads and handles brilliantly when in sport mode. Roll is significantly reduced. The 35d engine is a peach. It's got to be one of the best diesel engines available.

On a good run taking it easy I can get 41mpg. The X5 would struggle to get 30.

On your options remember you will lose the cubby hole under the steering wheel from the extended storage pack because you have speed limit info.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #25
Jay Ell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
I remember the days (~ 1970's) when I would have been given a heated rear for complaining too much about trivial matters . How life has changed in 30 years... when we used to complain about the banger my dad used to drive, his response was '3rd class riding is better then 1st class walking'- True
ha .. indeed. I remember my childhood rear-seat journeys as laying across the back seat (a bench), with no form of restraint/protection, while my parents sat in the front smoking. How things have changed...
[Current] F40 M135i ('23) / [Gone] F80 M3 CP ('18), F36 435i ('15), F25 X3 30d ('13), E84 X1 23d ('09), R56 Mini Cooper S ('07), E60 M5 ('07), R53 Mini Cooper ('02), E60 545i ('03), E36 328iS ('98), E36 320i ('93)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #26
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
The chap I ordered from noted that there are some minor changes in the nav packages post April 1st, but that all he knew was that the professional nav package had changed to read as follows:
Re. nav changes:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716908

Congrats on your order. Post some pics when you get it

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 04:08 AM   #27
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of this looks a great X3... (I dont have the towbar but have seen it at the dealer... it is a very neat job.)
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #28
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
I drove a X3 30d with standard suspension. The engine was great and it felt just a quick as my X5 40d. The standard suspension was good but after the X5 I wanted the adjustable to make the car better in all conditions. I have been well impressed with the VDC so far. Its great in comfort on our poor roads and handles brilliantly when in sport mode. Roll is significantly reduced. The 35d engine is a peach. It's got to be one of the best diesel engines available.

On a good run taking it easy I can get 41mpg. The X5 would struggle to get 30.

On your options remember you will lose the cubby hole under the steering wheel from the extended storage pack because you have speed limit info.
Great, thanks for the info. I wondered if there was noticable difference in the 30d and 35d engines in say for example low down torque etc. Very much looking forward to VDC.

Ha - thanks for letting me know about the cubby hole. I wasn't aware that there was a cubby hole to begin with, so i'll cope - but thanks for the heads up!
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #29
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of this looks a great X3... (I dont have the towbar but have seen it at the dealer... it is a very neat job.)
Thanks. I haven't ordered the tow bar, we have a Disco 3 if we ever need to tow - but i've seen some video's of it on youtube and it's quite impressive. I always hate the look of a towbar, so seems a great solution if you need a car that can tow things (but still look good...)
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 04:38 AM   #30
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Re. nav changes:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716908

Congrats on your order. Post some pics when you get it
Marvellous - thanks for this, just watched some of the videos on there. looks like a nice update to have.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #31
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
I'm wondering whether I should ditch Lane Departure (has anyone used this??) in favour of the cold weather package...
I had the Volvo Lane Departure on an XC60 and found it to be a pain never had it switched on. !

MS
      03-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #32
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
Same here. However, I've used the heated steering wheel everyday this winter and it's been brilliant. My M3 doesn't have it, and I must be going soft as it's something I really miss on the odd ocassion I've driven the car lately (not much, as M3's and snow don't go well together!)
Heated wheel is brilliant ! hence added it to my order .... my wife has it on her Z4 and on the rare occasion I have driven it this winter kept my hands toasted

MS
      03-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #33
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukstevens View Post
I had the Volvo Lane Departure on an XC60 and found it to be a pain never had it switched on. !

MS
Lets hope my dealership will be able to switch my order for me then!! Should this be possible 2.5 weeks prior to production?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #34
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Lets hope my dealership will be able to switch my order for me then!! Should this be possible 2.5 weeks prior to production?
It depends. I changed mine multiple times including the final change which was about 10 days before the day it entered production

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #35
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
It depends. I changed mine multiple times including the final change which was about 10 days before the day it entered production
Confirmed change today - removal of Lane Departure, addition of cold weather package and luggage compartment separation net.

Week 16 build date retained
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #36
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Is anyone else as inpatient as me?

My car should exist (at partially so) by now...

But it will be another 2 months until delivery!

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #37
ktang912
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 30d

Quote:

I am in the same "boat" as you...
Just found out from my dealer that my X3 30d (AW with red/brown leather) was loaded on the boat and ready for its way to Fremantle. Hopefully it will arrive here in June!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #38
Jay Ell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Garage List
Quote:

it's killing me .. i have wk 17 build, so am just behind you. had a call at start of the week saying that the coding on my order had changed. that it's now "1200" (I think) which means about to go into production.
I placed this order mid Feb.. it's soooo painful.
Basically, I'm reading this forum night and day to keep me amused.
[Current] F40 M135i ('23) / [Gone] F80 M3 CP ('18), F36 435i ('15), F25 X3 30d ('13), E84 X1 23d ('09), R56 Mini Cooper S ('07), E60 M5 ('07), R53 Mini Cooper ('02), E60 545i ('03), E36 328iS ('98), E36 320i ('93)
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 02:12 AM   #39
kaland
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: MY14 BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:

Week 16 for me as well
The wait makes me wanna
      04-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #40
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

My dealer emailed today to say:

Quote:
It’s still showing week 16 production along with the status of ‘5055 – Confirmed by Production Control’

It must be being built as we speak….
ktang912 - I ordered the same exterior colour/interior colour as you. Have you seen an AW with Red Brown in the flesh? I'm taking somewhat of a gamble with it...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #41
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ell View Post
it's killing me .. i have wk 17 build, so am just behind you. had a call at start of the week saying that the coding on my order had changed. that it's now "1200" (I think) which means about to go into production.
I placed this order mid Feb.. it's soooo painful.
Basically, I'm reading this forum night and day to keep me amused.
Week 17 build for my 30d too. Ordered on 8th March. I was a perfectly normal person until I ordered this car. Now I think about it all the time and like you read this forum in the vain hope that I will discover something that will pin down a delivery time. That's when I'm not looking at colour schemes ( have I made the right choice) or reviews on VDC etc. This wait is indeed a pain!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #42
Ontheballcity
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 30d

Just thought. Is week 16 and 17 a RHD slot or do they build RHD continuously?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #43
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheballcity View Post
Week 17 build for my 30d too. Ordered on 8th March. I was a perfectly normal person until I ordered this car. Now I think about it all the time and like you read this forum in the vain hope that I will discover something that will pin down a delivery time. That's when I'm not looking at colour schemes ( have I made the right choice) or reviews on VDC etc. This wait is indeed a pain!
Heh! I spent 3 months with a browser tab open on bmw.co.uk with "my" car in ! ;-)

Make sure you ask all the question you have, here, while you still have time to change the order, I did discover a few "must have" I would have totally missed on otherwise (aka "extended storage" etc)
      04-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #44
ktang912
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 30d

Quote:
My dealer emailed today to say:

ktang912 - I ordered the same exterior colour/interior colour as you. Have you seen an AW with Red Brown in the flesh? I'm taking somewhat of a gamble with it...
Same here. I haven't seen a F25 X3 with this colour combination in flesh, but I guess this may give a bit more feeling of personal preference. Besides, being in a relatively much less populated country, we do not have a lot of choices on colours and features; the worst part is: we have to pay almost twice as much of what our American friends do for the same X3, yet we get less warranty period!
Sometimes we just need to forget about the bad part and focus on the good part - enjoying the driving... when it arrives.

PS. I have had the website of this forum open on my iPad all the time since I ordered the car. I am really grateful that people are so helpful here. Thanks mates!
Appreciate 0