BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
Relayze
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

1 day after purchase, TPMS went bad

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
The very next day after taking my M40i home I got a TPMS malfunction warning. I reset it. A few mins later it came back. The yellow warning light is on. I reset it again this time I noticed the right wheels and tire size were not picked (21" RF). Anyway, I took it to the dealer on Saturday and my X3 is still there . They just told me they were busy yesterday and maybe today. Looks like maybe tomorrow now. I keep checking the cameras and the car has only moved once, from one area to another.
A bit disappointing. I know things go wrong but it takes away a bit of the new car buying feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

They should be doing a better job and not jerk you around, but for a minor issue that doesn't affect drivability you should just make an appointment and bring it in when it's convenient for you.
Appreciate 1
Relayze22.00
      08-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
PvtDexter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW 330i

It is too bad but I agree it is a minor annoyance. You can express disappointment that it happened on your brand new car and how it detracted from your experience. Maybe they'll give you some BMW freebies for your trouble since you have not yet filled out that all important dealer survey from BMW.
Appreciate 2
pcmike144.00
Relayze22.00
      08-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #4
Relayze
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtDexter View Post
It is too bad but I agree it is a minor annoyance. You can express disappointment that it happened on your brand new car and how it detracted from your experience. Maybe they'll give you some BMW freebies for your trouble since you have not yet filled out that all important dealer survey from BMW.
Yeah, you guys are right, it is minor but was not expecting it for a 60k car...they gave me a regular X3 and is not the same lol
Anyway, no, I have not done the survey yet, good point. I messaged both the sales person and the rep who was the original contact. Je just said sorry, things happen but luckly is minor and was caught now. Wth!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #5
DETSGTSTARSKY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Does the vehicle issue have anything to do with the Client Advisor? Or is it something to address with BMW Service.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #6
syumassh
2018 BMW X3 30i M-Sport
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30i M-Sport

Hope it gets resolved quickly for you!
Appreciate 1
Relayze22.00
      08-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #7
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
I know the feeling.

2km after picking mine up I had a drivetrain error pop up but no warning lights remained on.

took her in after the weekend whereby they kept the car for 4 days and did F all. It would have been longer but I demanded the car back after 4 days of no work.

They told me they did a full software update but errors kept coming up and now talking about new steering ECU and rack plus another ECU that controls the accessories.

They said they had to get advice from BMW head office - 2 days and nothing. When I demanded to pick up the car as it was now Friday afternoon they said brand new IStep just became available and newer by 2 months than the one they put on.

I suspected BS.

sure enough when I took the car home and plugged into ISTA there was NO software update done. wtf had they been doing with my brand new car for 4 days!

Anyway I have BMW head office doing an investigation. hopefully get some answers.
Appreciate 1
Relayze22.00
      08-09-2018, 12:54 AM   #8
Relayze
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I picked the car today. They told me they replaced the tpm sensor. The light went out, now I see tire pressures and no more malfunction. Happy.
I mentioned the issue to the advisor because one, he said to let him know if I needed anything and two, to see if at least they would offer a cool gift for the hassle.
Appreciate 0