BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-08-2023, 11:24 AM   #45
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapband View Post
No, although it would've been much easier if I did. I bought a low-profile torx set and pulled the headlight out just far enough to do the job.

Do you have a link or a pic of the low profile set you got
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 02:25 PM   #46
gapband
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgz View Post
Is that your review on AliExpress?
Nope. I tried to leave one but couldn't find where to.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 02:26 PM   #47
gapband
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a link or a pic of the low profile set you got
I bought these on amazon: link.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2023, 12:35 PM   #48
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep

Quote:
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 07:46 PM   #49
Thtshowiroll47
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Thanks, I just ordered them.
You removed the wheel then the inner fender and you were able to access the outer module?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 10:27 AM   #50
gapband
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtshowiroll47 View Post
Thanks, I just ordered them.
You removed the wheel then the inner fender and you were able to access the outer module?
Yeah in a nutshell but you will have to pull the headlight out a bit to get access to the module in the back because there is a bracket covering it.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2023, 10:35 AM   #51
gapband
Private First Class
Rep

FYI, yesterday I got an error code for a faulty right-left turn signal. It went away but came back later in the day and persisted.

I messaged the seller about it so it may be a defective chip as the passenger headlight is still functional. Oh well. I'm getting fast at installing and uninstalling these things lol.

I'm hoping it's not just a matter of time before the right chipset goes bad. If that's the case, then the one review on this product was certainly accurate!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 11:29 AM   #52
Thtshowiroll47
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah in a nutshell but you will have to pull the headlight out a bit to get access to the module in the back because there is a bracket covering it.
Appreciate it. Where are the screws to the headlight located so I don’t mistakenly unscrew something else?
Appreciate it,

Roll
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 11:39 PM   #53
Thtshowiroll47
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtshowiroll47 View Post
Appreciate it. Where are the screws to the headlight located so I don’t mistakenly unscrew something else?
Appreciate it,

Roll
Done… it took awhile but we did it.
Roll
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 11:58 PM   #54
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

To those done this mod on pre-LCI, is the DRL LED module the one circled in red below?

If that's the case, then does replacing that module require (completely) removing the headlight and front bumper?
Appreciate 2
      03-19-2023, 06:21 PM   #55
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan5m3 View Post
To those done this mod on pre-LCI, is the DRL LED module the one circled in red below?

If that's the case, then does replacing that module require (completely) removing the headlight and front bumper?
Yea that's it and I've been told that you can gain access from the wheel well.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 10:35 PM   #56
Supa-Clean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i Brooklyn/Mocha

Quote:
FYI, yesterday I got an error code for a faulty right-left turn signal. It went away but came back later in the day and persisted.

I messaged the seller about it so it may be a defective chip as the passenger headlight is still functional. Oh well. I'm getting fast at installing and uninstalling these things lol.

I'm hoping it's not just a matter of time before the right chipset goes bad. If that's the case, then the one review on this product was certainly accurate!
I’ve been dealing with these guys for 5 months now. It doesn’t seem like there’s an end in sight. Wanna get your codes all the time? Turn on your headlights (not to auto) and use your signals. Oh, don’t forget to flash the high beams and see what happens then too.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 12:42 AM   #57
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yea that's it and I've been told that you can gain access from the wheel well.
Actually, no, not from underneath from the wheel well. That's for G20/G22 case.
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2023, 12:44 AM   #58
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa-Clean View Post
I’ve been dealing with these guys for 5 months now. It doesn’t seem like there’s an end in sight. Wanna get your codes all the time? Turn on your headlights (not to auto) and use your signals. Oh, don’t forget to flash the high beams and see what happens then too.
I wonder if failure rates are higher with LCI case where two boards are involved on each sides.

LCI boards have chips (ICs) on them?
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2023, 08:43 AM   #59
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa-Clean View Post
if its any consolation, the error codes are different, and the new ones SHOULD work (so long as they are built properly).

so I got a set after they had claimed that the issue has been resolved since they "got US LED boards" (i.e. after they had received your OEM boards). they sent out the new set and i installed the inner DRLs first since that only takes 10 minutes. no error codes. headlights and high beams all worked without issue. the previous boards would throw codes immediately. the results were promising!

I installed the driver side LED board but the blinker started blinking twice as fast and threw an error "Left turn signal malfunction". Headlights still worked just fine. The original "headlight malfunction" that we encountered in the beginning (where the low/highbeams wouldn't turn on) didn't exist. I examined the board and found that one of the amber LEDs were misaligned and not soldered properly. I showed them the picture of the issue and we both found that it was simple manufacturing defect. They already sent out a new board which is sitting somewhere in China. With the crazy amount of boards they had sent out to at least both of us beta testing these through FedEx, I'm sure they lost a bit of money from us. LMAO. so this time they sent the replacement through USPS/snail mail I guess. Gonna be a while till I get the replacement set. oh well.

All in all, I think it's "safe" to say to that anyone can purchase these now without worry. On top of that, at least with the vendors you have the added benefit of faster shipping times (if they're in stock) as well as any warranty issues SHOULD a problem arise. I'm still going to assume that the recent boards that the vendors are selling are from icedriver. Is it coincidental that ALL OF A SUDDEN, the vendors have the "correct" working boards AFTER you had sent in your OEM LED boards and the original issues have been resolved? I think not.

EDIT: I just saw your thread and I can't believe you still have issues. And they didnt even send back your OEM boards?! wtf. I'd be absolutely livid. So has your car been sitting in your garage not working for the past few months? If you're in desperate need of OEM ones, I think there are a few on eBay. PM me if need be and I'll send you links.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 09:08 AM   #60
Supa-Clean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i Brooklyn/Mocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
if its any consolation, the error codes are different, and the new ones SHOULD work (so long as they are built properly).

so I got a set after they had claimed that the issue has been resolved since they "got US LED boards" (i.e. after they had received your OEM boards). they sent out the new set and i installed the inner DRLs first since that only takes 10 minutes. no error codes. headlights and high beams all worked without issue. the previous boards would throw codes immediately. the results were promising!

I installed the driver side LED board but the blinker started blinking twice as fast and threw an error "Left turn signal malfunction". Headlights still worked just fine. The original "headlight malfunction" that we encountered in the beginning (where the low/highbeams wouldn't turn on) didn't exist. I examined the board and found that one of the amber LEDs were misaligned and not soldered properly. I showed them the picture of the issue and we both found that it was simple manufacturing defect. They already sent out a new board which is sitting somewhere in China. With the crazy amount of boards they had sent out to at least both of us beta testing these through FedEx, I'm sure they lost a bit of money from us. LMAO. so this time they sent the replacement through USPS/snail mail I guess. Gonna be a while till I get the replacement set. oh well.

All in all, I think it's "safe" to say to that anyone can purchase these now without worry. On top of that, at least with the vendors you have the added benefit of faster shipping times (if they're in stock) as well as any warranty issues SHOULD a problem arise. I'm still going to assume that the recent boards that the vendors are selling are from icedriver. Is it coincidental that ALL OF A SUDDEN, the vendors have the "correct" working boards AFTER you had sent in your OEM LED boards and the original issues have been resolved? I think not.

EDIT: I just saw your thread and I can't believe you still have issues. And they didnt even send back your OEM boards?! wtf. I'd be absolutely livid. So has your car been sitting in your garage not working for the past few months? If you're in desperate need of OEM ones, I think there are a few on eBay. PM me if need be and I'll send you links.

Yep, I won’t totally thread jack this one, but my recent updates tell the story. I think they’re done with me completely. Stopped replying all together. I’ve got a couple from eBay being watched. $200 vs try bayoptiks direct at $300 for something in the US with a team that’ll hopefully be responsive?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 10:04 PM   #61
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep

Quote:
Actually, no, not from underneath from the wheel well. That's for G20/G22 case.

Then how?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 10:55 PM   #62
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Then how?
Remove the front side panel that holds the hood adjusting buffer.
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2023, 10:29 PM   #63
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep

Quote:
Remove the front side panel that holds the hood adjusting buffer.

Do you have a picture of this?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 11:27 PM   #64
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a picture of this?
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2023, 07:21 AM   #65
gapband
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
This doesn't apply to the X3M/X4M. Not sure why it is being brought up here.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 08:29 AM   #66
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This doesn't apply to the X3M/X4M. Not sure why it is being brought up here.
"pre-lci" F97/F98
Appreciate 2