BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-05-2024, 11:39 PM   #1
PNWM40i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i MHD+XHP Stg 2/3

2019 X3 M40i Passenger Side Mirror / Ambient lighting strip stopped working

Has anyone had issues with their passenger side mirror / ambient lighting strip cutting out? My passenger mirror loss all function and I can’t adjust or tilt it in any way, and the ambient lighting strip on the passenger side has also stopped working. It will intermittently come back on but they seem to be connected as either both or none work.

Just took it to the dealer and they said it was not fuse related and they would have to take the door panel off but don’t have time to do in depth diagnostics with them today. Has anyone experienced a similar issue that could point me to the cause of this issue? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 06:51 PM   #2
PNWM40i
Private First Class
Rep

Going to take to dealership next week or so to further troubleshoot
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 01:46 PM   #3
NYRangers79
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 m40i Stage 2+

The wiring for this is in series. Any chance the small light in the panel underneath the glove box went bad or got disconnected? I lost my entire passenger side lights because of this. Once I fixed that light it was fine. Once something does or gets disconnected everything after it stops working. Easy enough to check.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #4
PNWM40i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers79 View Post
The wiring for this is in series. Any chance the small light in the panel underneath the glove box went bad or got disconnected? I lost my entire passenger side lights because of this. Once I fixed that light it was fine. Once something does or gets disconnected everything after it stops working. Easy enough to check.
I will check next time I go to my car. I installed a fuse tap kit that goes near the glovebox/footwell so its possible something went bad after the install. Do you have a rough diagram or photo of where I should look/what to take apart? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #5
NYRangers79
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 m40i Stage 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM40i View Post
I will check next time I go to my car. I installed a fuse tap kit that goes near the glovebox/footwell so its possible something went bad after the install. Do you have a rough diagram or photo of where I should look/what to take apart? Thanks!
Have you ever changed your cabin filter? It’s the black panel you need to remove to access under the glovebox. There is a footwell light on it. Mine was left unplugged and it cause the same exact issue. I can take a photo tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:58 PM   #6
PNWM40i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers79 View Post
Have you ever changed your cabin filter? It’s the black panel you need to remove to access under the glovebox. There is a footwell light on it. Mine was left unplugged and it cause the same exact issue. I can take a photo tomorrow.
Took a peek under there and that light is still on.
Appreciate 0