BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-02-2024, 01:25 AM   #1
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

New X3M issues

Just got a new 2024 X3MC and love it, but noticed the first night I purchased it hot spots along the top front passenger door lighting strip. I took it in for it to be replaced and when I got it back it looked exactly the same (hot spots in multiple locations). Can these even be successfully fixed as the receipt shows modules replaced, tube replaced, etc. Also, I noticed the door card also doesn't close anymore (a bad door clip so it seems) and even stranger and most importantly there is now some weird semi-sharp screw like object behind the front passenger side door handle. Anyone have a sharp object behind their front passenger door handle? If so, what is it? Thanks!!
Attached Images

05-02-2024, 04:11 AM   #2
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

This is strange man (that small hex bolt) behind the door handle. I've had all my door panels removed for glass replacement & that's not suppose to be there. I can imagine when the dealership "tried" to do the repair they were possibly trying to add rigidity to something on the backside. Because it sure as hell didn't come like that from the factory.

The fiber optic lines that runs on the top & bottom of the doors are known to have occasional issues. If this dealership has already tried to fix it & done a poor job on the first attempt, please seek a more well qualified dealership close by. Or work with a different service advisor that can put a better guy on the job.

Sorry you gotta deal with this frustrating issue so early on. The good news, this is under warranty & maybe they should eventually cough up the coin to get you a new door panel. Those light bars (for lack of a better word) are simply plastic soldered onto the back side. To service them each one has to be cut with a dremel I think. So if you give this job to an unexperienced person, it's not going to easily get fixed correctly. Not of the ambient lighting is perfect from day one. I can tell you that. But you shouldn't have lots of hot spots or pixelated areas of no light.

Hope this helps a touch man!
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 2
Jnat436.50
Vegetable794.00
      05-02-2024, 05:16 AM   #3
rcwhat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Looks like a rivet to me, probably due to them being hacks and breaking mounting clips. I’d be heated and sending a letter to the GM of the dealership (for a paper trail).
Appreciate 2
      05-02-2024, 09:14 AM   #4
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Echoing the previous replies, that rivet should not be there, they'll have to replace that panel. Raise hell with the service manager and have them replace the panel. If not, like it was mentioned above, go to a better stealership. Make sure you get copies of the ROs
Appreciate 2