BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-22-2023, 04:07 PM   #1
m3wag0n
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Service concern after weird experience

This morning I dropped my car off at my dealer to fix a dashboard rattle under warranty. The service advisor was nice enough, they put me in a nice loaner, the process was smooth and fast.

I do have to share something that left me very weary of every going back there - in one of the lanes at the service dropoff, one of the employees backed a customer car (X3) into another car (older 5 series) parked behind it. It was a low speed collision but I could still hear a "thunk" and when I looked later I saw the imprint of the corner of the license plate of the parked car in the bumper cover of the X3. I mentioned this to the service advisor and he said that "it's a one time occurrence" (Yea, right!). I was shocked that the employees continued work as if nothing happened and I am not sure what will happen with the X3.

My vehicle is in brand new condition, I'd hate to see something like this happen to it. And even if it did, I would likely have no way to prove that they did it. Anyway - I will probably be moving on to the other dealership in town.

Any thoughts from the community would be appreciated.

Last edited by m3wag0n; 05-22-2023 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 07:29 PM   #2
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Dealers have insurance and usually a slush fund of sorts for accidents, because $10 an hour does not get you the best labor, it just gets you labor. Just take pictures and remember at the end of the day it was you who bought the expensive thing that just sits around and cant be scratched. Life goes o0o0o0o0o0n.

My dealer dinged my car by accident and paid for everything on my F80 back in the day.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 08:31 PM   #3
m3wag0n
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
Dealers have insurance and usually a slush fund of sorts for accidents,

I sure hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
remember at the end of the day it was you who bought the expensive thing that just sits around and cant be scratched. Life goes o0o0o0o0o0n.
It does not sit around, obviously.

And no, it's not the owner's fault that they dinged that car, just like it's not the homeowner's fault that their house got broken into, etc. etc.
Appreciate 0