BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #111
Jimmyjones654
Rep
Drives: X3M & M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MSteve View Post
Did some random reading of documents again and my car was registered on the 2nd December it turns out. Could this be why my dealer has no issue with a monday release?

He didn't call me back so no issues, said he'd ring me back if my car was included on the stop!
I got a call today, they are doing a software patch that then allows them to release the car until the recall fix is ready, I presume this will get done at the RIS, providing they do the software patch in the morning I’m collecting mine tomorrow PM
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2019, 03:53 PM   #112
CaptSlow27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Comp

Just heard the stop sale applied to the US as well. My car is at the dealer and must get the ecu software update before they will release it to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #113
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSlow27 View Post
Just heard the stop sale applied to the US as well. My car is at the dealer and must get the ecu software update before they will release it to me.
Curious if this will impact my 12/13 build date....
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:32 PM   #114
CaptSlow27
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Curious if this will impact my 12/13 build date....
Probably not, if the dealers already have the new software, the factory should, too.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 02:38 AM   #115
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Did some random reading of documents again and my car was registered on the 2nd December it turns out. Could this be why my dealer has no issue with a monday release?

He didn't call me back so no issues, said he'd ring me back if my car was included on the stop!
It seems to be IF you have the latest ISTA data, then cars will be released!!, some talk on Pistonheads, I will put a link to it.
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...=181&t=1830949

Read it through.
aliwtsn46.50
      12-13-2019, 05:16 AM   #116
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Quote:

It seems to be IF you have the latest ISTA data, then cars will be released!!, some talk on Pistonheads, I will put a link to it.
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...&t=1830949

Read it through.
Good info thanks, it's a big "IF"
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 05:34 AM   #117
Scotlandbeemer
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

So has anyone actually got a shout from their dealership saying that they can pick the car up after this software update?
Still no word from mine about anything. They have been good with updating me regularly but no word on this software update....
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 05:39 AM   #118
pferry
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearer6 View Post
So has anyone actually got a shout from their dealership saying that they can pick the car up after this software update?
Still no word from mine about anything. They have been good with updating me regularly but no word on this software update....
Got a call from the dealer this morning, cars getting the update just now. Once complete he will call to arrange collection. He said the car should be available tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 05:41 AM   #119
Turner_X3M
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferry View Post
Quote:
Got a call from the dealer this morning, cars getting the update just now. Once complete he will call to arrange collection. He said the car should be available tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.
Quote:
Quote:
Which dealership is this? I'm trying to speak to Lovett in Bath but they have no info as yet... long.....
      12-13-2019, 06:14 AM   #120
Scotlandbeemer
Rep

Quote:
Great news for you!! And hopefully rest of us too... might give my dealer a gentle reminder to see where they're at.

Yeh if you dont mind what dealer you getting it from? I'm getting money from north of Scotland so likely get the software last like we do with everything else
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 06:31 AM   #121
pferry
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Great news for you!! And hopefully rest of us too... might give my dealer a gentle reminder to see where they're at.

Yeh if you dont mind what dealer you getting it from? I'm getting money from north of Scotland so likely get the software last like we do with everything else
Douglas Park in Glasgow
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 07:42 AM   #122
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Yup good news also, collect Monday once they have done the software patch today. They did say it will need to come back at some point but have got the go ahead to release to customers.

I mentioned taking it back at RIS and he said that's fine also.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 07:59 AM   #123
Scotlandbeemer
Rep

Man lucky you's!!!

Just phoned my dealership and they have heard nothing about any software update

Typical, not sure how some dealerships have it and some dont... could be a long wait
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #124
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Man lucky you's!!!

Just phoned my dealership and they have heard nothing about any software update

Typical, not sure how some dealerships have it and some dont... could be a long wait
Makes no sense. Suggests tremendous variation in the we quality of communications between BMW and the dealer network.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #125
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC (on order)

Quote:
Got a call yesterday that the updade is being implemented and a confirmation today that it has been completed and I can go to collect the vehicle tomorrow as originally planned.

Word is that there is a fix that has been issued to resolve this issue and that this has gone out to all dealers in the UK.....
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #126
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonvaas View Post
Quote:
Got a call yesterday that the updade is being implemented and a confirmation today that it has been completed and I can go to collect the vehicle tomorrow as originally planned.

Word is that there is a fix that has been issued to resolve this issue and that this has gone out to all dealers in the UK.....
So I got a call from my dealer (after chasing)

He verbosely read out an email they had been sent by BMW. My dealers email states that they are getting a SW patch on Monday which will allow delivery of cars. It is NOT a fix and in the words of the email makes the vehicle safe to deliver. (Sounds odd as it is a performance fix, but I guess might make it safe for BMW so. I damage is done from the failure to alert from the oxygen sensor).

Anyway, it will require a future fix but no timeframe is provided for the fix.

In short everyone should be good from Monday, though it does sound like from the thread some people have had the patch applied already....

My dealer was really not very complimentary about BMW as until I chased him and he chased, he claims they had no notification of the technical campaign and after they chased BMW provided them the details and they have 8 customers in the same position... Poor show by BMW but thanks to everyone on this thread!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 09:21 AM   #127
X3MSteve
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M

Just had the dreaded call, they have tried to register/release car and it wont!

They’ve sorted me out though, said they will get it transported to the ceramic coating people for me don’t worry! Will also give me their x3m stock/test drive car in place until fix is out and offered me some freebie accessories to say sorry!

But, only if the software patch doesnt arrive monday morning, they’re hoping it will arrive
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #128
CaptSlow27
Private
Rep

Quote:
Probably not, if the dealers already have the new software, the factory should, too.
Apparently my dealer doesn’t have the fix yet...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #129
Jimmyjones654
Rep
Drives: X3M & M4

Just picked mine up !!
Appreciate 1
kzg19691299.00
      12-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #130
X3MSteve
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Apparently my dealer doesn’t have the fix yet...
Snap, apparently they will have it monday morning
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #131
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

My car gets it RIS on Tuesday and requires a flash update, I guess the same issue? The dealers said everything is ready to go.
      12-13-2019, 12:34 PM   #132
pferry
Scotland
Rep

Patch was installed today, picked up at around 16:30
Appreciate 0