BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-18-2023, 02:03 AM   #67
mimojadi
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 x3 m40i lci

how are things with the new rims now? Can't believe you went through all that headache to get to this point. Crossing my fingers that things are better
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 09:52 AM   #68
HeatJoey
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

great to hear and you got new rims, sweet! I know it's not payback for all the time and aggravation but hopefully it's resolved now! What rims did you have before? and aren't the 718's the 21" sweet ones? If so, I had a real hard time not adding them to my order over the 20's 699 I think, that I'm getting as the 21's are really nice.
Previous rides '23 MBW X3 30i, '22 Charger Hellcat Triple Nickel, '21 Charger Widebody Scat Pack F8, '21 DD R/T White, '19 Challenger Widebody Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8, '18 Audi SQ5, '18 Daytona 392, '16 Scat Pack Granite, '15 Durango R/T Blacktop, '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue, '12 Audi Q5, '10 Mustang, '08 BMW E90 M3, '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 03:38 PM   #69
avidfan
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i, M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimojadi View Post
how are things with the new rims now? Can't believe you went through all that headache to get to this point. Crossing my fingers that things are better
Sorry i never responded to the replies after i got the car back. It has driven completely fine since the new rims were put on. I still have an occasional moan from the front, but its very sporadic. I am 100% sure its the front wheel bearings causing it. I think they are out of round just like the rears from all the heat caused by the improper powder coating. It just happens when the car starts crawling after letting off the brakes. The good thing is i have put 17k miles on the car and the brakes feel good. Not like garbage, which is how they felt for 7 months. I finally thought to follow up bc i am about to replace the front wheel bearings and while doing research i saw my post on the google search. I hope this helps someone else eventually.
Appreciate 2
TXGrey1284.00
lfdal541036.00
      03-20-2024, 09:27 PM   #70
Leem40i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGrey View Post
Ok... sorry... originally read this at like 4:45am when we were up for the ninth time for storms... Here's my take:

Absolutely, without doubt, shove this car back up the dealer's a$$ you bought it from. Not your local dealer (because technically, it isn't their problem to solve). The dealer, who SOLD YOU A CERTIFIED CAR AS IT CURRENTLY IS, is responsible for solving this.. 100%. My recommendation, if the original selling dealer won't buy the car back immediately and make you whole again, tell them you want the ENTIRE BRAKE SYSTEM replaced, front to back, AND you want original OEM wheels put on the car and these powder-coated ones taken off. THEY SOLD YOU THE CAR AS CERTIFIED... THIS IS THEIR PROBLEM TO MAKE RIGHT... PERIOD.

Go straight to the GM of the selling dealer... nobody else. Be nice...but be VERY firm. Always say things like this over and over... "What would you do if you were in my shoes?" It forces them to accept that they put you in a horrible situation.

If all of this somehow doesn't work... which I can't fathom the selling dealer won't make it right somehow.... Your choices are to lawyer up, or cut bait and walk away all together. Drive to some non-BMW dealer, trade the car in on something new, and just look back on it with a sour taste in your mouth.

Please keep us posted.

EDIT: oh, and um... I HAVE POWDER-COATED 718s, and my brakes work the EXACT SAME WAY AS BEFORE THEY WERE POWDER-COATED FOR GOD'S SAKES... I HAVE NEVER, EVER, IN MY ADULT CAR-GUY LIFE, EVER HEARD OF SOMEONE SAYING THE BRAKES ARE NOT WORKING CORRECTLY DUE TO POWDER-COATED [...]
This word for word. Based on their logic it could also be the floor mats causing the issue. Once a car manufacturer digs its heels in the only thing that turns them is getting an attorney involved
Appreciate 0