BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-17-2024, 08:30 PM   #45
AshtonPJT
BM3 Tuner
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixB58 View Post
Hey OP, Now that PTF released the Flex Fuel Kit for engine bay where it fits closer, would you have considered their kit or still have gone with dorch?
I would do the ptf kit, better build quality.
      03-20-2024, 06:41 PM   #46
blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonPJT View Post
I would do the ptf kit, better build quality.
I’m in the process of adding a few things to my wife’s G01. Ordered PTF ECA and dorch 2.5 HPFP. Problem is the PTF ECA does not mate with dorch out of the box. I emailed Dorch and they were very helpful. Told me to take a part the ECA which leaves you with just a continental GM branded ethanol content analyzer. It does have larger ports than the 5/16ths BM3 module so I guess that’s a plus along with it taking up less space. They told me to send in the hose that came with the hpfp and they’ll exchange it for a hose kit for ECA. Essentially 2 smaller hoses in lieu of one long one. This should do the trick. I hope all the BM3 flex fuel multi-map stuff has all the kinks worked out as this thread is pretty old. I’m also adding a pure 850 turbo and upgraded charge pipe. Next on the list will be diff bolts/bushings and driveshaft as that seems to be the weak point when adding some more power.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
joebie3298.50