BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-12-2022, 09:44 AM   #969
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
710
Rep
1,775
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

New driver side inside door handle!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 07:29 PM   #970
littleob
Private
United_States
14
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: BMW e36ic, 2013 x3
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Braintree Ma

iTrader: (0)

Very nice lip. Looks great can you tell us we're you acquired it
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 09:03 AM   #971
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
710
Rep
1,775
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleob View Post
Very nice lip. Looks great can you tell us we're you acquired it
EBay….see attached.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 11:08 AM   #972
oVeRdOsE.
Captain
oVeRdOsE.'s Avatar
1060
Rep
802
Posts

Drives: F25 / E91 / Audi Avant
Join Date: May 2018
Location: mtl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleob View Post
Very nice lip. Looks great can you tell us we're you acquired it
50$ cad universal lip, fit very well

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1630122

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/114962570532...53.m2749.l2649
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 04:26 AM   #973
bobwoj
New Member
bobwoj's Avatar
Poland
3
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 F25 2015 2.0xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

New tires:
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 K117B 275/40 R19 101 Y *, MFS
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 K117B 245/45R19 98 Y RUN ON FLAT *, MFS

washed i waxed :-)
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2022, 08:05 AM   #974
airmarc
Private First Class
United_States
20
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: '10 BMW Z4,'14 BMW X3, '17 X1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
EBay….see attached.
Did you have to take apart the door to install this?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 08:27 AM   #975
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
710
Rep
1,775
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmarc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
EBay….see attached.
Did you have to take apart the door to install this?
No, only need to remove the flat plastic piece of the existing unit that is snapped into the door- it's easy to pull up / out. Then insert the new unit "on top" of the existing handle.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 08:52 PM   #976
Tinfoilzhat
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

Swapped my kidneys !






Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 02:56 PM   #977
bpwj76
Private First Class
bpwj76's Avatar
United_States
94
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: 2021 530i; 2016 X3 Sdrive28i
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinfoilzhat View Post
Swapped my kidneys !






Kidney transplant. Nice!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 11:38 AM   #978
mike65535
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW X3
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,
New member here. 2013 X3 owner since 2016.
I just bought a replacement tire pressure module (old one was irreparably corroded internally) and I'm hoping to learn how to "code" it.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 12:27 AM   #979
Cariboospeed
New Member
6
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Shifted at 6800 most of the day.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
      06-18-2022, 11:04 AM   #980
Pkeefe11
Pat Keefe
Pkeefe11's Avatar
6
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Mounted a set of Niche wheels I got for $300! [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
  
__________________
Pat Keefe
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 07:33 AM   #981
mwat
Private
14
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 & LCI X3 35i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Did Gloss Black Kidney's, Gloss black M-Style Mirrors, Yellow fogs (probably a phase... we'll see)

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 09:50 AM   #982
Subydayo
Registered
2
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwat View Post
Did Gloss Black Kidney's, Gloss black M-Style Mirrors, Yellow fogs (probably a phase... we'll see)

These look great! Do you have part codes or a link to where I can buy them?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 11:30 AM   #983
mwat
Private
14
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 & LCI X3 35i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subydayo View Post
These look great! Do you have part codes or a link to where I can buy them?
Thanks! All parts boss or which?

Mirrors + grilles are Amazon
Fogs’s are laminx covers
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 04:48 PM   #984
littleob
Private
United_States
14
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: BMW e36ic, 2013 x3
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Braintree Ma

iTrader: (0)

We're did get the shifter?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #985
pokerface
Colonel
pokerface's Avatar
Canada
391
Rep
2,492
Posts

Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
Car started misfiring and drivetrain malfunction as I got on the on ramp, what a scary limp mode as I could not get past 80kmh. Nursed it back home and figured bad coil packs. Was able to procure Bosch coil packs which I replaced in the parking lot. Will do the spark plugs tomorrow.
whelp. 8 months later (and probably less than 6000kms) the Bosch coil pack failed. Was on a long road trip and it started misfiring / lurching on the highway. nursed it to my destination (couldnt get above 2000 rpm so needed a lot of planning). Lucky i had some of the old Bremi coils from the last round (saved the ones I knew were not causing errors).
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 06:59 PM   #986
jd_perspective
Captain
jd_perspective's Avatar
United_States
321
Rep
874
Posts

Drives: 2016 X3 35i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

I bought one! Just waiting on delivery!

2016 X3 35i M-Sport with about 90k miles

Coming from a 2019 440i MSport lol (long story but I typically lease but now lease prices are just insane and I don't drive very much since working from home so I figure why not switch things up a bit)

Full maintenance history so that's great. I saw they did a lot of the repairs that everyone else seems to have been doing along the way since 2016.

- oil changes every 8-10k miles
- spark plugs @ 64k
- valve cover gasket @ 72k
- transfer box maintenance *unsure of this one - says "Transfer Box Complete Service - Unpleasant Noises" on the BMW Service history @ 72k
- final drive housing leak repaired @ 81k
- fuel tank leak - fuel tank replaced @ 81k (odd one here)
- alignment @ 90k
- battery @ 90k
- rear brakes & brake fluid @ 90k
- AC compressor replaced around 90k
- Intake serviced around 90k

Some things I don't know about is
- Coolant flush ?
- Fuel filters?
- probably needs new engine air filter last was 55k miles
- transmission fluid?

What other major issues do you guys see with this type of mileage? Or what other maintenance items should I address right away?

Photo from dealer...
__________________
2019 440i Coupe M-Sport
2016 X3 35i M-Sport

2018 330i Sedan M-Sport - Retired
2015 428i Gran Coupe M-Sport - Retired
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 08:20 PM   #987
frisbeeguy
Private First Class
United_States
43
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: BMW,Tesla, etc.
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm at 60K, so a lot lower than you. Did differential and tranny fluid. Transfer case too. There's a DIY guide thread that has all the guides. Did High Pressure Fuel Pump and tires. That's it. Didn't do any service to cooling system, fuel filter. You may see one of your brake lights not working...fix is a new board/solder, and I have yet to still do mine (I'm using my tesla more cause gas prices are high)

Last edited by frisbeeguy; 07-21-2022 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 11:54 PM   #988
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
710
Rep
1,775
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_perspective View Post
I bought one! Just waiting on delivery!

2016 X3 35i M-Sport with about 90k miles

Coming from a 2019 440i MSport lol (long story but I typically lease but now lease prices are just insane and I don't drive very much since working from home so I figure why not switch things up a bit)

Full maintenance history so that's great. I saw they did a lot of the repairs that everyone else seems to have been doing along the way since 2016.

- oil changes every 8-10k miles
- spark plugs @ 64k
- valve cover gasket @ 72k
- transfer box maintenance *unsure of this one - says "Transfer Box Complete Service - Unpleasant Noises" on the BMW Service history @ 72k
- final drive housing leak repaired @ 81k
- fuel tank leak - fuel tank replaced @ 81k (odd one here)
- alignment @ 90k
- battery @ 90k
- rear brakes & brake fluid @ 90k
- AC compressor replaced around 90k
- Intake serviced around 90k

Some things I don't know about is
- Coolant flush ?
- Fuel filters?
- probably needs new engine air filter last was 55k miles
- transmission fluid?

What other major issues do you guys see with this type of mileage? Or what other maintenance items should I address right away?

Photo from dealer...
Yes, do the Tranny fluid (ZF Lifeguard) and pan/filter change, coolant change good idea also. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 01:20 PM   #989
DaleWA
Private First Class
DaleWA's Avatar
15
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: '11 X3 35i/'12 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (2)

Fixed Peeling Roof Rails & Updated HVAC

Original owner of a 2011 35i with now just 72K miles. Finally got tired of the peeling black roof rails. Took them off, had them stripped and powder coated. Thanks to the video on YouTube and newtis.info dropping the headliner and taking them off was pretty straightforward. Makes the X3 look SO much better since the rest of the exterior is in perfect shape.
Before:
Name:  IMG_0407.jpeg
Views: 163
Size:  72.1 KB Name:  IMG_0408.jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  69.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0455.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  88.8 KB
After:
Name:  IMG_0466.jpeg
Views: 168
Size:  65.6 KB

Then I updated the HVAC control panel for a LCI unit from eBay. Even my wife, who is oblivious to car stuff, noticed the difference and how much better it looked.
Before & After:
Name:  IMG_0462.jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  108.1 KB Name:  IMG_0468.jpeg
Views: 170
Size:  103.0 KB
Appreciate 4
      07-22-2022, 03:28 PM   #990
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
710
Rep
1,775
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleWA View Post
Original owner of a 2011 35i with now just 72K miles. Finally got tired of the peeling black roof rails. Took them off, had them stripped and powder coated. Thanks to the video on YouTube and newtis.info dropping the headliner and taking them off was pretty straightforward. Makes the X3 look SO much better since the rest of the exterior is in perfect shape.
Before:
Attachment 2937729 Attachment 2937728
Attachment 2937727
After:
Attachment 2937735

Then I updated the HVAC control panel for a LCI unit from eBay. Even my wife, who is oblivious to car stuff, noticed the difference and how much better it looked.
Before & After:
Attachment 2937726 Attachment 2937725
Nice upgrade - is that simple plug/play?
Thanks/Bill
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST