BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Finally

Finally my missing tyre inflator (mobility kit) has arrived. Make sure all the UK guys have checked for yours!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
Brian-f
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mcomp View Post
Finally my missing tyre inflator (mobility kit) has arrived. Make sure all the UK guys have checked for yours!
Looks like you have also got the foam holder to fit in the boot that my supplying dealer didn’t manage to get me. I did however get a wee bmw bag with pump and foam so at least i can keep it if need be when car gets traded in few years, as it looks like i have bought it myself.
      01-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

i got one "stolen" from another car - so the foam holder doesnt fit anywhere!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #4
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC (on order)

Sorry not following here was I meant to have one of these? if so where should it have been kept?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #5
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

as far as i know, no UK cars have RFT (run flat tyres) and so.......the car should come with a mobility kit.

I am not sure if anyone has actually been given one without specifically asking for it!

my car didnt have one and so they took it from another showroom non-M car
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post
as far as i know, no UK cars have RFT (run flat tyres) and so.......the car should come with a mobility kit.

I am not sure if anyone has actually been given one without specifically asking for it!

my car didnt have one and so they took it from another showroom non-M car
Maybe it’s different in the UK, but in the US none of the X3m come with RFTs.

It’s either a spare tire or mobility kit.

Run flats are not meant to be repaired so it doesn’t make sense they would give you the mobility kit.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 08:41 AM   #7
Brian-f
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Maybe it’s different in the UK, but in the US none of the X3m come with RFTs.

It’s either a spare tire or mobility kit.

Run flats are not meant to be repaired so it doesn’t make sense they would give you the mobility kit.
All UK X3/4M cars have non run flats, but from what i was told by dealer it was them at fault as during the order process a box for mobility kit should be ticked. It is a non cost option fitted to the car but looks like they only realised this once the uk cars started to arrive at dealers without the mobility kits. They explained to me that they just assumed that a non run flat spec car would come with tyre mobilty kit without actually having to request it. Wonder if bmw have or will change the order process as its clear all uk cars without the spare wheel option need the mobility kit. Our online configuration only lets you pick a spare wheel no option for mobility kit on that either.
      01-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #8
Harry756
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-f View Post
Quote:
Maybe it's different in the UK, but in the US none of the X3m come with RFTs.

It's either a spare tire or mobility kit.

Run flats are not meant to be repaired so it doesn't make sense they would give you the mobility kit.
All UK X3/4M cars have non run flats, but from what i was told by dealer it was them at fault as during the order process a box for mobility kit should be ticked. It is a non cost option fitted to the car but looks like they only realised this once the uk cars started to arrive at dealers without the mobility kits. They explained to me that they just assumed that a non run flat spec car would come with tyre mobilty kit without actually having to request it. Wonder if bmw have or will change the order process as its clear all uk cars without the spare wheel option need the mobility kit. Our online configuration only lets you pick a spare wheel no option for mobility kit on that either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-f View Post
Quote:
Maybe it's different in the UK, but in the US none of the X3m come with RFTs.

It's either a spare tire or mobility kit.

Run flats are not meant to be repaired so it doesn't make sense they would give you the mobility kit.
This is spot on.

My salesman showed me the screen and order details where it's unchecked.

Massive risk to owners such as us who are driving around with no obvious spare tyre or inflator solution, shocking!

For a split second my salesman tried to push me towards buying the kit (...3 seconds later he's searching M cars to get me one, eventually pulling it out of a M2).
Appreciate 1
Brian-f42.00
      01-29-2020, 12:06 PM   #9
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry756 View Post
This is spot on.

My salesman showed me the screen and order details where it's unchecked.

Massive risk to owners such as us who are driving around with no obvious spare tyre or inflator solution, shocking!

For a split second my salesman tried to push me towards buying the kit (...3 seconds later he's searching M cars to get me one, eventually pulling it out of a M2).
That’s interesting. From what I recall in the US, the spare is by default and clicking the mobility kit deletes it. I’ll have to check again.

I went with the spare as my e46 left me stranded for 5 hours due to a cracked wheel and split sidewalk. No mobility kit can help with that.
Appreciate 0