BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-30-2020, 12:20 PM   #67
M2Andy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3M40i_Nev View Post
Mine arrived today, having ordered back in early Feb. I agree on the fit, not loose but I will probably add some adhesive foam to the charger so it fits 100% snug
How are you getting on with this and would you mind sharing where you g9t it from as I’m also Uk based? I had the other aliexpress one in the x3 but I can’t get the pesky blue plug off on my new x4 and have given up so although it was great fit, I’m now considering the model you bought.

Any issues with it? Are you still happy with the fit?

Thanks

Last edited by M2Andy; 07-01-2020 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 05:27 PM   #68
Randyf22
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

Another update. I rate the wireless charger from AliExpress as 3 stars out of 10. First, it’s not a good fit in my 2020 x3. Next, it will charge your phone, if your phone is not doing anything else. When I use Google Maps via CarPlay, the phone loses more battery than it gains. I do not recommend this charger for a 2020 BMW X3.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 07:25 PM   #69
X3Rick
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3

Doesn't fit 2021 X3!

FYI -- this product does not fit my new 2021 BMW X3! Apparently the car's console opening's dimensions have slightly changed. The right side of the charger will not insert/seat all the way down. The 3 right side underside tabs do not line up with the opening's holes. So, I cut them off (thinking that I'd substitute adhesive) but the charger still will not fully insert -- it is still raised about 1/4" on the right side. I can't see what's interfering, but I think that it's now the charger's right-side drop cavity opening.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 06:56 AM   #70
mauriciodm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

For those not getting enough juice out of the wireless charge (OEM or not), are you guys using Google Maps while charging? I have an iPhone X and the OEM charger, my phone used to get really hot while charging and using Google Maps, but I have been using Apple Maps recently and noticed it works MUCH better. It seems that Google Maps uses much more battery than Apple Maps. It had been years since I last tried Apple Maps and I found it improved a lot now, definitely worth a try.

Have anyone found a way to add a magsafe ring to the charger? That would help a lot, keeping the phone in place. It seems there are some magsafe stickers available online, but not sure it the OEM mat is removable. Apparently for those installing the aftermarket you could put the sticker underneath the mat as it seems to come separated from the charger itself.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 01:06 PM   #71
jenko.kov
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 x20i 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3Rick View Post
FYI -- this product does not fit my new 2021 BMW X3! Apparently the car's console opening's dimensions have slightly changed. The right side of the charger will not insert/seat all the way down. The 3 right side underside tabs do not line up with the opening's holes. So, I cut them off (thinking that I'd substitute adhesive) but the charger still will not fully insert -- it is still raised about 1/4" on the right side. I can't see what's interfering, but I think that it's now the charger's right-side drop cavity opening.
Just bought my X3 2021. Wondering which one of those discussed above doesn't fit? There are few of them.
And maybe you found better solution that you've described?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 06:48 PM   #72
bereic
Rep
Drives: X3 30e M

Did someone have success to retrofit a module in the 22 X3?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 05:45 AM   #73
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenko.kov View Post
Just bought my X3 2021. Wondering which one of those discussed above doesn't fit? There are few of them.
And maybe you found better solution that you've described?
Hi I would be interested to know which one fits the UK 2022 LCI X3 as well :
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 09:54 PM   #74
F83-6MT
Rep
Drives: BMW F83

Late to the party here. Does anyone know if there is a replacement for this charger? The link no longer works and I'm hoping to retrofit my 2019 G01 M40i

Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
First off, thank you forum member "fw_fw" for posting this on a previous thread. I ordered it after i saw some of the install pics (page 34, post#734)
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...harger&page=34

This is where I bought it:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DNHF...461045d0rvPQIr

Tools required:
- Pry tool (plastic preferred, but used a metal one and was gentle)
- 5 star screw head, Torx (not sure what size but one of the smaller ones)
- Patience and about 30 min of your time.

Process:
- Before reading my little tidbits of info, read the link above from where I purchased it, it has very descriptive pictures.
- There are 4 "pry points", but you can edge your way up towards the HVAC facia, starting from the armrest area. Comes off SUPER easy. No need for any force whatsoever.
- When you lift the cover up there are 3 plugs....navigation, park brake & drive modes. You won't need to mark them since they are all color coded, BLUE-BLACK-RED and they won't accidentally fit in any other connector. Remove them slowly (DON'T pull the wires and use a tool to pull the plastic plugs).
- When you take off the cover set it aside and remove the 4 Torx screws
- Then remove the existing rubber panel in the cubby first. It looks like this when removed:

IMG_4545 by P LL, on Flickr

- Then when you lift up the bottom section, after removing the torx screws, do it slowly...starting from the rear and pull towards you gently - pull the shifter towards you to get it UP (not off) easy. There WILL BE 2 Bigger cords connected to the section - no need to remove them, just loosen the "wire guides" a little so you can lift the panel higher up by just a bit (about 4 to 5 inches of give) DO NOT remove the clips holding the wires, no need.

- When you install the Wireless Panel, run the wire through the left hole all the way and pull the cord CLOSE to the RIGHT edge of the hole. You will need to do this so that the plastic clips can secure themselves to the outer edges of the holes properly. It take a little "massaging" but you'll figure it out. I just positioned - and then pushed till I heard two clicks, one for each hole. Here is the rear of the original trim piece to give you an idea of how big the holes are and what you might need to do to get the plastic clips through them:

IMG_4546 by P LL, on Flickr

And this is the center Console with the wire-tap-connector-adapter installed (no tapping, just plug and play) - on the RIGHT is the "connector" to the stock plug, then on the bottom of the pic is the Black fuse box, and in the middle you'll see the TWO white connectors that complete the circuit:

IMG_4539 by P LL, on Flickr

- Then install the 4 Torx screws again and TEST the charger by putting your phone on it.....turns blue....boom. You're golden.

- Slowly connect the 3 plugs for the console - BLUE, BLACK & RED. Then just gently push it back down (about 6 points).

- Done:

IMG_4542 by P LL, on Flickr

IMG_4541 by P LL, on Flickr

Kindly excuse my "X3 Cup holder rubber trays" HAHAHAHA

Hope this helps all of you without the OEM wireless charger figure out a better solution! Let me know if you have any questions I can help with!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 09:33 AM   #75
Arnoz
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereic View Post
Also interested for a '22 X3 MC (and hello from Switzerland). The Ali links seem to be dead, I had a look but can't find any other items that specifically states it's compatible with the 22 LCI model so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 01:19 PM   #76
antair
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereic View Post
Also interested for a '22 X3 MC (and hello from Switzerland). The Ali links seem to be dead, I had a look but can't find any other items that specifically states it's compatible with the 22 LCI model so far.
[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/fyMkCLPm/EEE129...97-A2210-C.jpg[/IMG]

This one definitely fits. I've decided to go an easy way.

Update: if you have iPhone 12 or newer - don't buy this shit. Returning - the phone get damn hot and switches to safe mode.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 06:34 AM   #77
Arnoz
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antair View Post
[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/fyMkCLPm/EEE129...97-A2210-C.jpg[/IMG]

This one definitely fits. I've decided to go an easy way.

Update: if you have iPhone 12 or newer - don't buy this shit. Returning - the phone get damn hot and switches to safe mode.
OK thanks for letting us know.
In addition to that, all the other links I've seen in other similar posts are dead/no more stock.
I think I don't need wireless charging thaaaat much 🙂
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 07:30 AM   #78
RedX4MC
Scott Langenthal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Toronto Red Metallic X4MC

Garage List
BMW Wireless Charger

I have a 2022 X4MC on order and my SA was able to add the Wirelsss charger to the build
Attached Images

2017 Melbourne Red Metallic 340i xDrive (Retired)
2002 Mineral Grey Metallic 330xi (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 10:42 AM   #79
x34me
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

I've been really happy with this one from Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801686784624.html

It's a drop-in items with no dash modification required. My car is a 2020 X3 M40i.

Downsides: It does cover the center of your cupholders though (if that bothers you), and it will cover the cig lighter port without passing it through.

It does add 2 USB-A ports and there's a passthrough for the existing USB-A port.

I have not tested the voltage but it charges my S22 Ultra fine.
Appreciate 0