BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #1
Koturbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

The build continues....

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
As the bootmod3 stage 1 93 tune has started to feel more normal to me power wise, and we recently purchased a 3rd vehicle (wrangler!) that will serve as a foul weather driver, I’ve decided to take the build to the next level.

This week I ordered the DINAN exhaust with black tips, and the ER catless downpipes. As of now my plan is to leave the secondary cats in place to manage the exhaust smell, as I will still drive the car for family needs when necessary.

I’m torn between retuning the car, or sticking with stage1 93. On one hand, I’m weary of long term wear and tear on the engine with the load of the stage 2 tune, and certainly don’t want to end up with costly repairs and have to fight BMW for warranty coverage. It’s too easy for them to chalk any issues up the car being modified and refuse to honor the warranty, and that’s certainly their right.

On the other hand, it seems somewhat counterproductive to add the exhaust setup without moving the tune to the next level with it....waspy problems I know....but problems nonetheless!

Curious for the thoughts of the collective here.

NK
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
ltym5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koturbo View Post
As the bootmod3 stage 1 93 tune has started to feel more normal to me power wise, and we recently purchased a 3rd vehicle (wrangler!) that will serve as a foul weather driver, I’ve decided to take the build to the next level.

This week I ordered the DINAN exhaust with black tips, and the ER catless downpipes. As of now my plan is to leave the secondary cats in place to manage the exhaust smell, as I will still drive the car for family needs when necessary.

I’m torn between retuning the car, or sticking with stage1 93. On one hand, I’m weary of long term wear and tear on the engine with the load of the stage 2 tune, and certainly don’t want to end up with costly repairs and have to fight BMW for warranty coverage. It’s too easy for them to chalk any issues up the car being modified and refuse to honor the warranty, and that’s certainly their right.

On the other hand, it seems somewhat counterproductive to add the exhaust setup without moving the tune to the next level with it....waspy problems I know....but problems nonetheless!

NK
If you're getting catless downpipes, I recommend buying the bundle pack from bm3 to get stage 2 93 or stage 2 E30. You'll notice a significant increase in power.

I'm curious to hear what the catless downpipe and Dinan exhaust combo would sound like. Can you post a sound clip once you get it done?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 07:48 PM   #3
Koturbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltym5 View Post
If you're getting catless downpipes, I recommend buying the bundle pack from bm3 to get stage 2 93 or stage 2 E30. You'll notice a significant increase in power.

I'm curious to hear what the catless downpipe and Dinan exhaust combo would sound like. Can you post a sound clip once you get it done?
I’ll definitely post vids once everything is done!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 08:38 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltym5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koturbo View Post

NK

Yea, me too.
Looking forward to hear Dinan exhaust with catless.
By itself, sounds ok to me.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0