BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-10-2021, 10:28 PM   #1
skifaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi A4

Slow battery drain, any known issues?

First post here, long time X3 owner. My wife has an '07 X3 which seems to have a slow battery drain problem. If it's parked for more than a few days it cranks weakly and struggles to start. The max it can sit and still be able to start seems to be about a week +/- (bit more in the summer, bit less in winter when it's cold). I had to jump start once this past winter after it sat for ~3 weeks. Connected to the jumper, the starter motor cranked normally and the engine turned over immediately, so I'm confident the starter and engine are healthy. I've tried a new battery but the issue persists.

So my question is, are there any known/common issues that cause slow battery drain in these cars?

I suspect this is a needle-haystack kind of problem but I figured I'd ask anyway. My wife still loves the car and we hope to keep it for as long as possible - she custom ordered it with the 6MT so it's pretty un-replaceable!

Last edited by skifaster; 05-11-2021 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 09:44 AM   #2
Wichogg
Rep
Drives: X3 xdrive 28i

I had that problem, turns out it was my Bluetooth media streaming device, it kept turned of like 1 hour after I turn off my car.
Appreciate 0