BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #1189
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated with November program numbers.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #1190
bmwbrad22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 M3 Comp Pkg

Garage List
2018 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyfsu21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Doesn't seem terrible . Thoughts ?
Good luck. My dealer in Fort Lauderdale quoted me $1375.00/mo for a 3yr/10k per year with just inceptions on a fully loaded X3MC. He also said the dealership "could" be marking up the cars $10-20k over MSRP. What a joke. No thanks. There is no chance in hell this car is worth a dime over $950/mo.
LoL no Thank You

2018 Mineral White M3 /// Comp Package
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #1191
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8

If anyone is interested, I may be backing out of my 21' x4m build 11% pre Inventives. Pm me and I can connect you to my broker. Car is ready end of November.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 05:44 AM   #1192
mj41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 GC '16 X3

Need some help i am currently shopping for a new ride. Stepped out of my F80 M3 a few years ago and went into a 430 GC lease ( I have two little ones now) but now the itch is back to get something with some power. I am torn between a M550i or a '20 X3M.

Specs on the X3M are as follows: Its an executive demo approx 2k miles on it.

Dark Graphite- Ivory white leather w M Seats
Driving Assitance Plus
Executive Package'
21" 765M

Interesting part about the deal is that it comes with 2 sets of 21 wheels tires- currently mounted with snows, and the summer perf tires on a separate set of 21s.

Deal advertised is $899 mo with $5k out of pocket. The 550 is a bit higher but is new and a '21 with a bit more options.....

I know this is not a traditional deal with the tires/demo aspect, but seems like they are a bit anxious to get this off lot. I have 3 payments left on my GC, so i also do not want to roll that into the equation either.... Any help/guidance is as always, appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 08:07 AM   #1193
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Just depends what you need/want. We have 2 little ones and a small dog and everyone/everything fits fine in my F80 and our Macan. Is this going to be a second car in your garage or just the only one? If the only one, I'd say consider the F97 since you get a bit more utility out of it, but honestly unless you need vertical load space or extra ground clearance, the M550 could suffice. Also has a nicer cabin, more options, and a bit more overall power, but it's not a motorsport-tuned chassis or engine, and so not the same kind of power delivery as the S58. I would test drive both and see which one feels better. The F97 is a hoot to drive, and it may bring back a lot of the special "M feeling" you're craving. After driving a couple of BM3 tuned versions, I was impressed. A lot of folks here came directly from the F8x platform to this, and are very happy. The M550 is fine, and powerful, but not the same bonkers driving experience. Less fun imho.

Just be wary of demo cars. They take good care of them, but they could always have niggling issues that require dealer visits. Would be covered under warranty, but can be annoying. I would haggle that price down if I could. And what's the $5k? MSDs? Cap cost reduction? See if they'll give you this deal AND eat your last two GC payments, for example.

Good luck!

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 08:32 AM   #1194
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj41 View Post
Need some help i am currently shopping for a new ride. Stepped out of my F80 M3 a few years ago and went into a 430 GC lease ( I have two little ones now) but now the itch is back to get something with some power. I am torn between a M550i or a '20 X3M.

Driving Assitance Plus
Executive Package'
21" 765M

Interesting part about the deal is that it comes with 2 sets of 21 wheels tires- currently mounted with snows, and the summer perf tires on a separate set of 21s.

Deal advertised is $899 mo with $5k out of pocket. The 550 is a bit higher but is new and a '21 with a bit more options.....

I know this is not a traditional deal with the tires/demo aspect, but seems like they are a bit anxious to get this off lot. I have 3 payments left on my GC, so i also do not want to roll that into the equation either.... Any help/guidance is as always, appreciated!
First of all, this is an absolutely TERRIBLE deal. You can get brand-new 2021s ordered to your spec for less than this. Second, if you want real feedback, you need to post some more details of the deal structure. MSRP, Selling price (i.e. Cap Cost), money factor, lease terms (i.e. 36 months, 10K miles), incentives, etc. Also, you didn't say, but is this a lease or a purchase?
Leasing demos is usually a bad idea as their residuals are typically very low since they are considered "used" cars. Without that information, no one here can really help you much. Take some time to read through this thread a little more and you will gain a lot of insight into how to get a better deal.

You also need to separate out the car from what they are trying to charge you for the winter tires/rims, which should also be treated as used and priced accordingly (unless they are actually brand new). You shouldn't be "leasing" an additional set of rims/tires. Just buy those on your own and then you can sell them once the lease ends and re-coup a good chunk of your costs (especially if you are paying "used" prices for the rims/tires).

Also, you should never put money down on a lease. This 899/month is really like $1,050 month when you take away the 5K down payment. Take that money and put it into Multiple Security Deposits, which lower your money factor (interest rate) and then in turn lower your monthly payment. Plus, you get the money back when the lease ends.

Lastly, if you still have 3 months left on your current car, someone needs to eat those 3 payments (and it won't be BMW - they will work it into your cost of the new car one way or another). So I would say just keep the car for the remaining three months and just deal with the 2 car payments for that period in time. Or wait until your lease is actually up before making a move. The dealership may say that they are absorbing the cost, but unless there is an official "pull-ahead" program from BMW (which never applies to demo cars as far as I know) they are passing those 3 remaining payments on to you by discounting the X3M less.
Appreciate 2
      11-13-2020, 10:37 AM   #1195
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj41 View Post

Driving Assitance Plus
Executive Package'
21" 765M

First of all, this is an absolutely TERRIBLE deal. You can get brand-new 2021s ordered to your spec for less than this. Second, if you want real feedback, you need to post some more details of the deal structure. MSRP, Selling price (i.e. Cap Cost), money factor, lease terms (i.e. 36 months, 10K miles), incentives, etc. Also, you didn't say, but is this a lease or a purchase?
Leasing demos is usually a bad idea as their residuals are typically very low since they are considered "used" cars. Without that information, no one here can really help you much. Take some time to read through this thread a little more and you will gain a lot of insight into how to get a better deal.

You also need to separate out the car from what they are trying to charge you for the winter tires/rims, which should also be treated as used and priced accordingly (unless they are actually brand new). You shouldn't be "leasing" an additional set of rims/tires. Just buy those on your own and then you can sell them once the lease ends and re-coup a good chunk of your costs (especially if you are paying "used" prices for the rims/tires).

Also, you should never put money down on a lease. This 899/month is really like $1,050 month when you take away the 5K down payment. Take that money and put it into Multiple Security Deposits, which lower your money factor (interest rate) and then in turn lower your monthly payment. Plus, you get the money back when the lease ends.

Lastly, if you still have 3 months left on your current car, someone needs to eat those 3 payments (and it won't be BMW - they will work it into your cost of the new car one way or another). So I would say just keep the car for the remaining three months and just deal with the 2 car payments for that period in time. Or wait until your lease is actually up before making a move. The dealership may say that they are absorbing the cost, but unless there is an official "pull-ahead" program from BMW (which never applies to demo cars as far as I know) they are passing those 3 remaining payments on to you by discounting the X3M less.
Totally agree. This car should be $700/mo (pre-tax) with zero down at most. Unless this is a financed purchase? Terms are needed to know what you're dealing with.

The winter wheels/tires while potentially a selling point, are ultimately irrelevant in the pricing IMO. If they are something you would buy anyway, I'd consider them worth $2k if you keep them in the end.

Lastly need to be sure white interior is wanted. It is a minor headache to keep looking good. I have the oyster on our M340i and it looks fantastic but it does hold onto color transfer, especially in the stitching.
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #1196
mj41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 GC '16 X3

Thanks for the info and quick replys. I didnt have a ton of info on the deal, as it wasn't what i was originally in the market for, but found the original MSRP of $80,545. They are discounting approx $11k off of that figure.

This is for a lease, 10k a year, taxes, fees and first mo. payment are what is modeled from a cash down standpoint. I agree this is way too steep, and with 3 payments left and no pull through, i'm keeping my current ride through end of lease.

I'll revisit in the late winter and certainly review the thread for appropriate deals. My wife has a '16 X3 3.0 so not sure if having 2 X3s makes sense, even though I know this is a totally different beast. Reading through the balance of the forum seems that most really enjoy their X3M.

Take care!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #1197
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:

Actually the dealer is just trying to rip someone off. BMW has programs around demos and loaners for the dealers where you get the original new car residual value as the basis for the lease, but your capitalized cost is the used car pricing. I leased a loaded 340i this way for under $300/mo and a sticker over $60K.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #1198
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Actually the dealer is just trying to rip someone off. BMW has programs around demos and loaners for the dealers where you get the original new car residual value as the basis for the lease, but your capitalized cost is the used car pricing. I leased a loaded 340i this way for under $300/mo and a sticker over $60K.
Dealers rip so many people off on demos / loaners. It's really tasteless and disappointing. Oddly enough, I get better deals on new cars so I just avoid them altogether.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #1199
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Quote:

That is good to know. Is this a newer program by BMW? I looked at doing a lease on some demos in the past and always got bad numbers back so just went new. They always said that either the residual was poor or they had much higher money factors since the car was effectively "used."
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 02:14 PM   #1200
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

Can people actually post deals ? Last 4 pages only two posters have deal posted .

MSRP ?
Selling price - pre incentives ?
Incentives ?
MF ?
Monthly lease payment ?
      11-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #1201
SmogTM
Rep
Drives: '21 X3M Competition

Ok, not sure if it's a great deal or a bad one but I just leased a 2021 fully loaded X3M Competition (Donington grey/Sakhir orange):

MSRP: $84,395
11% off
10k/36 months
0 down
$1000.71/month

Paid $300 to the broker.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 12:02 PM   #1202
strohw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 Versys 1000, 20 KTM 690 SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmogTM View Post
Ok, not sure if it's a great deal or a bad one but I just leased a 2021 fully loaded X3M Competition (Donington grey/Sakhir orange):

MSRP: $84,395
11% off
10k/36 months
0 down
$1000.71/month

Paid $300 to the broker.
What did you pay for drive off?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #1203
SmogTM
Rep

I paid nothing. I just paid around $550 for extended service for the duration of the lease (the included service doesn't cover brakes etc. - this does)

Last edited by SmogTM; 11-24-2020 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 03:05 PM   #1204
strohw
Captain
Rep

I'm not sure on how the taxes in your state work for leases but it looks like they up'd the MF just a little bit. But considering you paid nothing for drive off then you're effective payment is about 11.5% off. Overall looks solid.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 03:30 PM   #1205
SmogTM
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
I'm not sure on how the taxes in your state work for leases but it looks like they up'd the MF just a little bit. But considering you paid nothing for drive off then you're effective payment is about 11.5% off. Overall looks solid.
It's Virginia, so probably the worst tax situation out of all states
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:26 PM   #1206
Willie_Beamen69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Anyone getting 10% off MSRP on the NorthEast coast for X4m? Dealers telling me I'm lucky if I get 3%.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #1207
R_C_S_//X3M
Launch Control Specialist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral White BMW M3 CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsanity88 View Post
Anyone getting 10% off MSRP on the NorthEast coast for X4m? Dealers telling me I'm lucky if I get 3%.
I'm having a real hard time getting a nice deal in this area as well. Lease on my M3 is up. May be moving to a different brand after 20 straight years with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 10:38 AM   #1208
strohw
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_C_S_//M3 View Post
I'm having a real hard time getting a nice deal in this area as well. Lease on my M3 is up. May be moving to a different brand after 20 straight years with BMW.
Time to ship.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 08:40 PM   #1209
Bavarian_Enthusiast
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3

Hey guys just placed an order for an X4M
84,445 MSRP
10k/36 mo
4k drive off
989 payment
New York

Hoping December gives better incentives. Idk how I feel about these numbers
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #1210
sittingmongoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 x3mC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_C_S_//M3 View Post
Quote:
I have a guy who gives %10 off before incentives, pm me if you're interested.
Appreciate 0