BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-04-2019, 11:52 PM   #23
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruedam3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe View Post
any updates?
Indeed! The car still at the dealer, it was not just the wastegate valve it was one of the turbos that croaked reportedly... part not available in US; they say it will get to them by nov 1st from Germany.
Then they have to install it and test. I am assuming that they may have to take all the engine out to replace the turbo but I really don't know yet since everything is so tightly packed in there. Obviously I am not an expert in these mechanical matters.
I was assigned a case manager form BMW and I told him I don't want that car anymore. I also had trouble activating the hot spot, bmw genius could not figure it out until yesterday (only took them almost a month) when they said it is possible to activate it. I don't have access to the car so I don't know.
BMW proposed I month of lease payment reimbursement. I refused. This car has been over 20 days in shop to be repaired so it qualifies for NJ lemon law (got it from NJ dealer). I rather settle than having to lawyer up but I will if I have to.
I should learn by the 29th what BMW determines.
So BMW offered to get me in to a new car... nothing else. I have been on a loaner for a month now, the x3m comp had a turbo failure ordered the part and they apparently sent the wrong one so even if I wanted the original car repaired it would take another 3 weeks. I said I want out of deal altogether. No compensation for monthly payments, insurance, plates and registration that I have made so far while car immobilized at the dealer shop.
I did lawyer up and letter invoking lemon in NJ is went out today to BMW NA, since car has been in repair shop over 20 days.
I would settle for out of deal so I can go get another one. Will see what they say.
Any advise on strategy for negotiating or for fighting will be very welcome.
Thank you
They'll make it right. You shouldn't even need a lawyer actually. I didn't hire a lawyer and I had this happen to my X5M last year and they did me a solid and paid me back all my payments, down payment, and added maintenance plan; less mileage at the time I reported the issue. They stand behind their products 100%. It's the reason I came back to purchase the X3MC! Sit tight and call every 3-5 days for an update. The buyback process is pretty easy. They should send you out an email with an offer; you sign; send back; and viola! You'll meet at the sales center with an inspector who will hand you your check! That simple. BMWNA has your back.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      11-05-2019, 06:41 AM   #24
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Different issue, but my X3MC went back the day after pickup.

I picked up Saturday night, 5 mins out of the dealership smoke is coming from the engine bay. Pull over, nothing is on fire, car isn't overheating, so I get home (another few mins), discover what looks like oil in the engine bay. Dropped it back off the next day, dealership has been great, gave me the nicest loaner they have. Evidently the car needs a new valve cover. I told them I wouldn't keep the car if it needed major mechanical, but I know valve cover isn't a huge deal, so I'd rather have the car back sooner. I should be hearing about parts availability today, so if its some stupid shit like a month out, I will also be pushing for a new car.
      11-05-2019, 08:12 AM   #25
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
They'll make it right. You shouldn't even need a lawyer actually. I didn't hire a lawyer and I had this happen to my X5M last year and they did me a solid and paid me back all my payments, down payment, and added maintenance plan; less mileage at the time I reported the issue. They stand behind their products 100%. It's the reason I came back to purchase the X3MC! Sit tight and call every 3-5 days for an update. The buyback process is pretty easy. They should send you out an email with an offer; you sign; send back; and viola! You'll meet at the sales center with an inspector who will hand you your check! That simple. BMWNA has your back.
I'm with you on this one, but there are a few on the G01 forum who had serious vibration issues with their early model G01's who would vehemently disagree that BMWNA has your back.

Out of curiosity though, what would cause the turbo to fail? Presumably only 1 turbo failed?
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 06:22 AM   #26
HoustonEaDo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
I agree - I went through the buy back process last year (albeit with a Volvo - not BMW) but assuming they have agreed to get you out of your vehicle - you will come out OK - they will deduct some $$ for the time you have had your vehicle based on a formula (shouldn't be much since you didn't have the vehicle very long), they'll make an offer (I was even able to get my window tinting cost refunded) and you will be done.

You may even be able to get a sweet deal on a new BMW (if you want another one) -- my Volvo dealer was trying left and right to get me to stick with another Volvo giving me some crazy discounts....hang in there and you should be fine - even though it's frustrating having to go through it all...
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41904.00
      11-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #27
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonEaDo View Post
Quote:
I agree - I went through the buy back process last year (albeit with a Volvo - not BMW) but assuming they have agreed to get you out of your vehicle - you will come out OK - they will deduct some $$ for the time you have had your vehicle based on a formula (shouldn't be much since you didn't have the vehicle very long), they'll make an offer (I was even able to get my window tinting cost refunded) and you will be done.

You may even be able to get a sweet deal on a new BMW (if you want another one) -- my Volvo dealer was trying left and right to get me to stick with another Volvo giving me some crazy discounts....hang in there and you should be fine - even though it's frustrating having to go through it all...
Yup I agree. The law is on your side. BMW certainly account for a few bad apples this should be a no brainer.
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #28
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Just FYI - My 2019 X3 M40i had a wastegate actuator failure too at about 10K miles and less than 1 year of ownership. After they replaced the actuator, there was still a leak so they ended up replacing the turbo too. It only took them about 1 week to get the parts and return the vehicle to me.

If this happened to me with a brand new vehicle, I'd be extremely disappointed and wouldn't want to keep it either. Good luck and I hope you get the resolution you expect and deserve.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 08:52 AM   #29
cruedam3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post
Just FYI - My 2019 X3 M40i had a wastegate actuator failure too at about 10K miles and less than 1 year of ownership. After they replaced the actuator, there was still a leak so they ended up replacing the turbo too. It only took them about 1 week to get the parts and return the vehicle to me.

If this happened to me with a brand new vehicle, I'd be extremely disappointed and wouldn't want to keep it either. Good luck and I hope you get the resolution you expect and deserve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post

So no repair yet for my original x3m car. I settled for a new car plus money for compensation for down time and a loaner.
Now awaiting production of same configuration new X3mc.
Thank you all for the sound advice.
Appreciate 2
      11-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #30
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
So no repair yet for my original x3m car. I settled for a new car plus money for compensation for down time and a loaner.
Now awaiting production of same configuration new X3mc.
Thank you all for the sound advice.
Good for you! I'm glad you got the resolution you wanted and a new car too. Fingers crossed that the next one doesn't have any issues.
Appreciate 0