BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-06-2022, 01:51 PM   #133
Magwhy
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlockfr View Post
The Phoenix Leader just left Shanghai and should make it to Singapore on 13-Jun.
Hopefully it's a direct trip to the Suez Canal after that!
I have seen this update but cannot yet find anywhere suggesting it is docking in UK. As previously posted its not showing on the forward movements for Bristol docks. Let's hope its visiting Southampton.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 02:35 AM   #134
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzza1234 View Post
Build date, 6th May, current status 165.

Last week I was quoted a delivery to dealer of week commecing 18th July; today I have been given a revised date (but continues to be 165) of week commencing 1st August.

This follows on from the concern that the window between now and the 18th July was growing too tight, it now seems the date quoted is more realistic.

Hoping that it will be loaded onto the Phoenix Leader tomorrow, and no further slippage in the delivery date.
The online chat facility isn't appearing for me on the Online Genius web page, but worked out I could use the one that appears on the new car configurator page.

Now confirmed the car is at sea, so almost definitely on the Phoenix Leader.

Now taking steps to get an itinerary to confirm when and where its due to dock in the UK.

Delivery date still holding at week commencing 1/8/2022.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 04:06 AM   #135
Overlockfr
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Quote:
Now taking steps to get an itinerary to confirm when and where its due to dock in the UK.

Delivery date still holding at week commencing 1/8/2022.
Got my 195 status confirmed yesterday as well; it changed on 3rd Jun, so the car should be on the Phoenix leader. However the delivery for me slipped to 07/08/2022 for some reason.

I'd love to get more details about the itinerary to the UK if you can get some!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 04:20 AM   #136
MM087
Rep
Drives: Land Rover Discovery

Just had an update my car it's been built and on its way - Code 195 ? ETA to dealer 7/8/22

Got a copy of my build sheet

48Z Deletion lumbar support/width adjustment passenger side

6P1 Wi-Fi functions, temporary deletion & preparation for Remote Software Upgrade

6UX Deletion of iDrive touch function
6WD WiFi Hotspot - Confused as the 6P1 code suggests its deleted ?

Last edited by MM087; 06-09-2022 at 05:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 02:17 PM   #137
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro 2022

Visited my dealer again today and they informed me that my iX3 is still sitting at Dalian.

It’s booked onto a ship and should be in country in 7 weeks.

Historically he said the shipping time is very precise and it will be here for w/c 25 July.

Needless to say I’ve extended my lease on my X3 by a few weeks so I’m not left without a set of wheels.

Bit annoyed because the BMW genius said my car was on a boat already.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 05:06 PM   #138
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM087 View Post
Just had an update my car its been built and on its way to the BMW Centre ? ETA to dealer 7/8/22

6P1 Wi-Fi functions, temporary deletion & preparation for Remote Software Upgrade

As I understand it, the 6P1 relates to the fact that due to the chip shortage, they’ve had to use a different chip which means things like Apple CarPlay are temporarily unavailable whilst the rewrite some of the underlying code. The plan is for a software update to be applied prior to you receiving the car which reactivates that functionality.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 04:11 AM   #139
DrJAB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX3 M Sport Pro

Got a call from my dealer yesterday to say he had been informed by BMW that my car would be available to collect this month, but no exact date yet. Wanted to confirm some details of payment and pick up. I had previously been given multiple different dates by Genius varying from this week to the first week of July, but my dealer says he is confident it is this month.

There must therefore have either been iX3s on the Sagittarius Leader that just left Southampton, or there must be iX3s on the Asteria Leader which is due to arrive in Zeebrugge in 5 days, which will then presumably go to Bremerhaven and then Southampton.Though I suspect that leaves it tight for dealer delivery this month?

Anyone else had an update this week?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 05:04 AM   #140
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Got my 195 status confirmed yesterday as well; it changed on 3rd Jun, so the car should be on the Phoenix leader. However the delivery for me slipped to 07/08/2022 for some reason.

I'd love to get more details about the itinerary to the UK if you can get some!
Information was not available, other than there are definitely BMW's (421 of them) on Phoenix Leader, and the next stop is Singapore...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #141
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Information was not available, other than there are definitely BMW's (421 of them) on Phoenix Leader, and the next stop is Singapore...
Genius has now confirmed going straight to Southampton, delivery window w/c 1st August...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 03:06 PM   #142
Mjones1707
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

Quote:
Genius has now confirmed going straight to Southampton, delivery window w/c 1st August...
Mine is due on the 1st of August aswell. Yay!!!
I’m tracking the ship, but not sure the stops it’s due to make. Did you find out any information about when it might get to Southampton?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 03:09 PM   #143
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjones1707 View Post
Quote:
I’m tracking the ship, but not sure the stops it’s due to make. Did you find out any information about when it might get to Southampton?
Quote:
Quote:
I'm tracking the ship, but not sure the stops it's due to make. Did you find out any information about when it might get to Southampton?
No - NYK wouldn't release the info, will have to rely on the free info, on a leg by leg basis. Wondering if it's a straight run from Singapore to Southampton…
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 05:03 PM   #144
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
No - NYK wouldn't release the info, will have to rely on the free info, on a leg by leg basis. Wondering if it's a straight run from Singapore to Southampton…
NYK schedule for week 23 is out and shows Phoenix Leader due into Southampton 18th July via Zeebrugge and Bremerhaven, so a very quick route. My car is on the Capricornus Leader which is going round the houses by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 05:09 PM   #145
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
Quote:
NYK schedule for week 23 is out and shows Phoenix Leader due into Southampton 18th July via Zeebrugge and Bremerhaven, so a very quick route. My car is on the Capricornus Leader which is going round the houses by comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
Quote:
Great spot, thank you.

https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk23.pdf
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 02:22 AM   #146
DrJAB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX3 M Sport Pro

Anyone know when the Cepheus Leader was in Dalian?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 01:30 AM   #147
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hello,

Could this be another potential ship with BMW iX3 cars onboard?

Cygnus Leader has just departed Dalian China according to https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-372747000

The same ship is due into the Bristol United Kingdom on Tuesday 26th July according to
https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shippi...ward-movements

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 05:28 AM   #148
Overlockfr
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Looks like indeed a few of us have their cars on the Phoenix Leader.
I had a message yesterday from the dealer telling me the car was due in the UK on 23rd July (my build date is 05/05/2022), and delivery date within 10 days after that.
That seems to roughly line up with the Phoenix Leader docking at Southampton on 18th July as seen in the NYK schedule.

One weird thing though is that the BMW Geniuses are telling me the car has been scheduled for a recall in Germany to "have the program control unit fitted, as this wasn't completed yet". No idea what that means, and the dealer can't see anything of the sort in their system. Anyone else has been told this?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 06:01 AM   #149
Mjones1707
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

Quote:
I had a message yesterday from the dealer telling me the car was due in the UK on 23rd July (my build date is 05/05/2022), and delivery date within 10 days after that.
That seems to roughly line up with the Phoenix Leader docking at Southampton on 18th July as seen in the NYK schedule.

One weird thing though is that the BMW Geniuses are telling me the car has been scheduled for a recall in Germany to "have the program control unit fitted, as this wasn't completed yet". No idea what that means, and the dealer can't see anything of the sort in their system. Anyone else has been told this?
I have the same information. I spoke to my dealership, and they told me that it was something that would be dealt with when it arrived with them though. My estimated delivery date hasn’t moved for a while so I’m pretty hopeful it’ll still be with me end of July time.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 11:26 AM   #150
Rathian
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport

Garage List
2022 BMW iX3  [0.00]
Quote:
My dealer has said my car will be available at the end of July too. Has said the ship my car is on is not going to Germany first so if the Phoenix Leader is not stopping in Germany then this could be more evidence that this ship is the one.
      06-17-2022, 03:05 PM   #151
MM087
Rep

Quote:
Just had an update my car it's been built and on its way - Code 195 ? ETA to dealer 7/8/22

UPDATE - Just spoke to BMW Genius and apparently the previous agent gave me the incorrect information.
The car is due to arrive in Southampton week commencing 1st of August (Apparently this is the next stop for the boat). Code 195
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 03:06 PM   #152
MM087
Rep

Quote:
Looks like my car is on this boat also.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 10:21 PM   #153
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

UPDATE - Just spoke to BMW Genius and apparently the previous agent gave me the incorrect information.
The car is due to arrive in Southampton week commencing 1st of August (Apparently this is the next stop for the boat). Code 195
Quote:
Quote:

Latest NYK schedule is here: https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk23.pdf with Phoenix Leader showing as docking in Southampton on 18th July. It's on its way to Pipavav in India at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 07:06 AM   #154
kevinm03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp Santorini Blue

Quote:
Latest NYK schedule is here: https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk23.pdf with Phoenix Leader showing as docking in Southampton on 18th July. It's on its way to Pipavav in India at the moment.
How does this schedule work? It doesn’t show Dalian on it?
Appreciate 0