BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2022, 11:03 AM   #397
Raptor0710
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_77 View Post
I don't have any other info apart from knowing my build week was wk 29 and delivery estimate (according to dealer) is early October. Guessing I'm one of the Grand Vega lot as the timing seems to fit (~2 weeks between landing at port and delivery from the dealer as others have mentioned).

Patience you must have my young padawan!
Just tracked Grand Vega.... arrived at shangai

https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/...5252/356909000
Appreciate 1
JW_7751.00
      08-08-2022, 11:47 AM   #398
Paul1976
Private
Greece
Rep
Drives: iX3 pythonic blue

Hello,

My car code status is 165 from 29/7 ,how I can see on which ship will load to Greece ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 03:57 AM   #399
MM087
Rep
Drives: Land Rover Discovery

IX3 M Sport Pro Ordered on 6th May 22 so overall not had a long wait, as i have been advised today it arrived with my local dealer on the 4th August
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 04:06 AM   #400
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM087 View Post
IX3 M Sport Pro Ordered on 6th May 22 so overall not had a long wait, as i have been advised today it arrived with my local dealer on the 4th August
Wow, you must have got a cancelled order or dealer build slot, I ordered in December to get a car built the day you placed your order, and it’s not due for another week!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 05:50 AM   #401
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 Charge + Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_77 View Post
Oh man, you guys are at least close to delivery. I got the message that mine was built last week (wk29) so I start the hunt to figure out which boat it might get put onto...

Only another 100k minutes or so to go...
Mine was build the same week..... Now waiting to see which ship to track!!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 06:23 AM   #402
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hello,

So I'm pretty much in the same boat (excuse the pun!) as JW_77 and Bimbim2022, identical build weeks (18th July) and delivery weeks (mid October but dealer said mid September).

I've checked with the online BMW genius and my order is still at code 160, so I reckon the order missed the Grand Vega, otherwise it would have been updated by now.

Very much a guess here, but the next ships on the round the world (RTW) schedule towards China are Goliath Leader and, wait for it, Phoenix Leader, gone full circle since ordering the car, literally around the world!

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 06:32 AM   #403
Paul1976
Private
Greece
Rep

Hello,
As i see the boat Guardian Leader will stop Japan tomorrow and after this I think is going to Dalian port,if the status code change to 195 after 1-2 days of departure of the ship it means that the cars are on this boat
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi63.00
      08-09-2022, 06:45 AM   #404
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeXi View Post
Hello,

So I'm pretty much in the same boat (excuse the pun!) as JW_77 and Bimbim2022, identical build weeks (18th July) and delivery weeks (mid October but dealer said mid September).

I've checked with the online BMW genius and my order is still at code 160, so I reckon the order missed the Grand Vega, otherwise it would have been updated by now.

Very much a guess here, but the next ships on the round the world (RTW) schedule towards China are Goliath Leader and, wait for it, Phoenix Leader, gone full circle since ordering the car, literally around the world!

Many thanks,

Mine has code 165 - and by looking at the VIN number i can see it was in production in week 29 and was ready on 26 of july - - hopefully it will be loaded soon enough - the dealer doesnt know enough - my brother ordered the same car back in feb - his car has a estimated delivery week 36, but still have the code 165, mine has the same code and estimated to week 42.... his car should be on route - but the freaking code hasnt change.... - getting frustrated over here
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 06:52 AM   #405
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1976 View Post
Hello,
As i see the boat Guardian Leader will stop Japan tomorrow and after this I think is going to Dalian port,if the status code change to 195 after 1-2 days of departure of the ship it means that the cars are on this boat
Fingers crossed Paul! hopefully it will get loaded to the guardian leader - both are cars are produced the same week-
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 06:59 AM   #406
Paul1976
Private
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbim2022 View Post
Mine has code 165 - and by looking at the VIN number i can see it was in production in week 29 and was ready on 26 of july - - hopefully it will be loaded soon enough - the dealer doesnt know enough - my brother ordered the same car back in feb - his car has a estimated delivery week 36, but still have the code 165, mine has the same code and estimated to week 42.... his car should be on route - but the freaking code hasnt change.... - getting frustrated over here
We have the exact production day!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 07:02 AM   #407
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep

Quote:
We have the exact production day!
Cool - then we are properbly on the same "boat" - if you code changes, let me know, and i will do the same!
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 07:06 AM   #408
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hello,
Hello,

Thank you Paul1976, I didn't see that one, I'll start to track it now.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 12:35 PM   #409
MM087
Rep
Drives: Land Rover Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerouali View Post
Wow, you must have got a cancelled order or dealer build slot, I ordered in December to get a car built the day you placed your order, and it’s not due for another week!
It was one of the BMW UK allocated specs but was exactly what I wanted, Oyster with the Sophisto.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 10:02 AM   #410
Paul1976
Private
Greece
Rep

Hello,

As I see the last ship Grand Vega when stop to Japan on the same port as Guardian Leader is moored now stayed 2 days and after this made 2 days until Dalian port so I calculate 14-15 Aug the ship will in Dalian port for loading cars .
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi63.00
      08-10-2022, 10:48 AM   #411
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hello,

As I see the last ship Grand Vega when stop to Japan on the same port as Guardian Leader is moored now stayed 2 days and after this made 2 days until Dalian port so I calculate 14-15 Aug the ship will in Dalian port for loading cars .
Hello,

That’s a really good shout. It’s taken me until now to realise the pattern, it’s almost like from Dalian, each month, Europe gets a “all stations” stopping service then a “express” service that catches up with it (probably has more port calls in Asia).

So for July, the all stations boat was Capricornus Leader and the express was Phoenix Leader, for August the all stations boat was Cygnus Leader and the express was Grand Orion, for September the slow boat was Dorado Leader with the fast boat being Guardian Leader if the pattern stays the same.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2022, 11:24 AM   #412
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

Quote:
Hello,

That’s a really good shout. It’s taken me until now to realise the pattern, it’s almost like from Dalian, each month, Europe gets a “all stations” stopping service then a “express” service that catches up with it (probably has more port calls in Asia).

So for July, the all stations boat was Capricornus Leader and the express was Phoenix Leader, for August the all stations boat was Cygnus Leader and the express was Grand Orion, for September the slow boat was Dorado Leader with the fast boat being Guardian Leader if the pattern stays the same.

Many thanks,
Where´s Grand Vega in that logic?
ThreeXi63.00
      08-10-2022, 11:42 AM   #413
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
Where´s Grand Vega in that logic?
Hello,

Well spotted sorry, Grand Vega must be the fast boat for September, the Guardian Leader being the next slower boat, due on the last day of September, isn’t that in a nursery rhyme?!

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 01:14 PM   #414
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini SE EV, iX3 M Sport Pro

iX3 on the way!

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here, just joined today.

We ordered an iX3 mid January and according to the VIN the dealer gave me I think it was built on 31/05/22. I found out last week that the status has changed to 195? So I believe it's on it's way at last! I've been following your posts on this thread and the so called BMW Genius say it's due week 38 which seems a long way away! I've been looking at your ideas and reckon ours may be on Dorado Leader. What do you guys think? I think it went on the ship July 22nd. Does this fit in?
Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 01:35 PM   #415
Adeefc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGirl View Post
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here, just joined today.

We ordered an iX3 mid January and according to the VIN the dealer gave me I think it was built on 31/05/22. I found out last week that the status has changed to 195? So I believe it's on it's way at last! I've been following your posts on this thread and the so called BMW Genius say it's due week 38 which seems a long way away! I've been looking at your ideas and reckon ours may be on Dorado Leader. What do you guys think? I think it went on the ship July 22nd. Does this fit in?
Thanks for any help.
I think that's a safe bet, mine was built on exactly the same date and is currently on dorado leader and due week 38.

Dorado leader is just arriving at Suez Canal and after a few more stops arrives in Southampton 2nd sept.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 01:40 PM   #416
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

Quote:
Hello,

Well spotted sorry, Grand Vega must be the fast boat for September, the Guardian Leader being the next slower boat, due on the last day of September, isn’t that in a nursery rhyme?!

Many thanks,
I sure hope so! I have reasons to belive, that my car is on the Grand Vega Grand Vega should arrive in Bremehaven the 10th of September.

Last edited by GaSelle; 08-10-2022 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi63.00
      08-10-2022, 02:49 PM   #417
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeefc View Post
I think that's a safe bet, mine was built on exactly the same date and is currently on dorado leader and due week 38.

Dorado leader is just arriving at Suez Canal and after a few more stops arrives in Southampton 2nd sept.
So how did you find out it was on Dorado Leader? I can't find out anything from my dealer and the BMW Genius team are absolutely useless they can't tell you anything because they are not allowed access to anything! They can tell you it's on a ship but they can't tell you which ship or when it was loaded!
Having read your post on page 17 I have been following DL due in Suez tomorrow evening. I still can't figure out how this ties in with week 38 though?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 03:16 PM   #418
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGirl View Post
So how did you find out it was on Dorado Leader? I can't find out anything from my dealer and the BMW Genius team are absolutely useless they can't tell you anything because they are not allowed access to anything! They can tell you it's on a ship but they can't tell you which ship or when it was loaded!
Having read your post on page 17 I have been following DL due in Suez tomorrow evening. I still can't figure out how this ties in with week 38 though?
My dealer reckons it's coming direct to Southampton and then after clearing customs straight up to them in Lincolnshire. So September the 2nd would make it early!
Appreciate 0