BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-18-2022, 06:19 AM   #265
KDT123
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

I just spoke to the dealer, sending him the screenshot of what Genius said. He said he feels they are being a bit pessimistic on their assumption, but unfortunately he wont be able to give clear updates until the ship docks at Southampton (which I hope will be Friday if its the Phoenix Leader that it is on).

He said he will do his best to fast track it once in the UK, so maybe just have to hold tight until next Monday (25th July) and hope it has been offloaded from the ship by then to get to me by the end of next week.

Its the hope that kills you..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 06:26 AM   #266
KDT123
Rep

Also would hope the car is on the Triton Leader, not Phoenix Leader.. Phoenix Leader isnt in the planned Southampton Arrivals this weekend :|
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 06:36 AM   #267
Mjones1707
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT123 View Post
Also would hope the car is on the Triton Leader, not Phoenix Leader.. Phoenix Leader isnt in the planned Southampton Arrivals this weekend :|
The Phoenix leader is due into Southampton on Friday. It’s on the NYK schedule. It’s due to go to Bremerhaven first tomorrow. When it leaves Bremerhaven on its way to Southampton it’ll update on the ship app.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 07:05 AM   #268
KDT123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjones1707 View Post
The Phoenix leader is due into Southampton on Friday. It’s on the NYK schedule. It’s due to go to Bremerhaven first tomorrow. When it leaves Bremerhaven on its way to Southampton it’ll update on the ship app.
The schedule has changed a couple times over the week, I was just checking the Southampton arrivals to see if it was due to come in Friday as planned, but its not showing up. Maybe you are right and it will update once it leaves Bremerhaven
https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Liv...ned_Movements/
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 07:18 AM   #269
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
The schedule has changed a couple times over the week, I was just checking the Southampton arrivals to see if it was due to come in Friday as planned, but its not showing up. Maybe you are right and it will update once it leaves Bremerhaven
I’m no expert, so might be wrong. But having followed a few of the ships over the past few months, I’m hopeful it’ll update when it’s on its way there.
I’m also not so sure if the Triton Leader went to Dalian. The Capricornus Leader did, and the one after that was the Phoenix Leader I think.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 07:52 AM   #270
KDT123
Rep

Quote:
I’m no expert, so might be wrong. But having followed a few of the ships over the past few months, I’m hopeful it’ll update when it’s on its way there.
I’m also not so sure if the Triton Leader went to Dalian. The Capricornus Leader did, and the one after that was the Phoenix Leader I think.
Ahh thanks, so lets hope our motors are on the Phoenix leader and it does dock at some point before the end of the week! Will let you know if hear anything
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 09:28 AM   #271
Blaster1956
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 G29 M40i

Quote:
I've been keeping an eye on this as a friend's car is on the Phoenix Leader, when I checked earlier today it was still docked in Zeebrugge, so looks like it's running a couple of days late (assuming it does still go to Bremmerhaven).

My wife's is on the Grand Orion which has just left Singapore en-route for India.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 10:06 AM   #272
EndoViper
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Garage List
I've just been told by BMW that ours is on it's way from the USA to Bremerhaven?

How would I find out what it's on so I can track it?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 10:19 AM   #273
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster1956 View Post
I've been keeping an eye on this as a friend's car is on the Phoenix Leader, when I checked earlier today it was still docked in Zeebrugge, so looks like it's running a couple of days late (assuming it does still go to Bremmerhaven).

My wife's is on the Grand Orion which has just left Singapore en-route for India.
I’ve been checking this aswell, and it seems to have been in zeebrugges a while. Hopefully it won’t be delayed by too much. 🤞
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 10:21 AM   #274
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoViper View Post
I've just been told by BMW that ours is on it's way from the USA to Bremerhaven?

How would I find out what it's on so I can track it?
If it’s an IX3 you’re wanting to track, they come from China, not USA (however been told this by the genius team is quite common and something a lot of us have been told aswell)
You need to ask the genius team for the date of which your status code changed to 195, and then look for ships which left the port of Dalian around that date to narrow it down.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 10:30 AM   #275
EndoViper
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Garage List
Quote:
If it’s an IX3 you’re wanting to track, they come from China, not USA (however been told this by the genius team is quite common and something a lot of us have been told aswell)
You need to ask the genius team for the date of which your status code changed to 195, and then look for ships which left the port of Dalian around that date to narrow it down.
Thanks for this. I did wonder why they said it was coming from the USA?

Will contact them again and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #276
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
So the Genius told me my car is at port of exit, which I think is Bremerhaven? As the Phoenix leader hasn’t got there yet does that mean it must have been on the Capricornus Leader and my car is now sitting on the dock at Southampton waiting to get scanned?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 12:23 PM   #277
King of Ping
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW 430D Xdrive

Got a call, today picking ours up on Friday
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 12:46 PM   #278
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Does anyone have any info on the Phoenix Leader? And why it hasn’t moved in a while?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 01:59 PM   #279
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro 2022

Got the call late this afternoon to say my car has arrived at the dealer.

Being prepped ready for me to collect on Thursday lunchtime.

My staff will be grateful now that I will stop using their cars.

It goes without saying I will post some piccies when able to.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 08:28 PM   #280
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardgb1111 View Post
Got the call late this afternoon to say my car has arrived at the dealer.

Being prepped ready for me to collect on Thursday lunchtime.

My staff will be grateful now that I will stop using their cars.

It goes without saying I will post some piccies when able to.
Good news! Not long to wait now. I’m hoping to be receiving a similar call this week as my car was also on the Capricornus Leader.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 02:57 AM   #281
KDT123
Rep

Quote:
Does anyone have any info on the Phoenix Leader? And why it hasn’t moved in a while?
No news, still seems to be stuck in Belgium, when the schedule says its due in Germany today then onwards to Southampton, assume it takes at least a day to get to Germany in any case.

NYK release new schedule every Thursday so I guess we will see then. How certain are you that your IX3 is on the Phoenix Leader? is it 2+2 logic or did BMW tell you out of interest?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 03:17 AM   #282
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No news, still seems to be stuck in Belgium, when the schedule says its due in Germany today then onwards to Southampton, assume it takes at least a day to get to Germany in any case.

NYK release new schedule every Thursday so I guess we will see then. How certain are you that your IX3 is on the Phoenix Leader? is it 2+2 logic or did BMW tell you out of interest?
BMW don't give out the name of the ship so its always a 2+2 logic. My dealer couldn't even say which port my car would be coming into although Genius could.

On the Phoenix Leader, there was a 48 hour strike by dock workers at Bremerhaven towards the end of last week so I suspect the knock on effect of all those ships who couldn't load/unload there during that period means it is being felt here. My guess is that once the new NYK schedule is released, you'll see the dates being pushed back by 2-3 days.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 03:21 AM   #283
KDT123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
BMW don't give out the name of the ship so its always a 2+2 logic. My dealer couldn't even say which port my car would be coming into although Genius could.

On the Phoenix Leader, there was a 48 hour strike by dock workers at Bremerhaven towards the end of last week so I suspect the knock on effect of all those ships who couldn't load/unload there during that period means it is being felt here. My guess is that once the new NYK schedule is released, you'll see the dates being pushed back by 2-3 days.
That would make sense re: the strike as to why its stuck in Zeebrugge and why genius told me that it would be w/c 1st August at the dealership. The dealer doesnt seem to have a clue to be fair so will just see what the update is on Thursday
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 03:25 AM   #284
brad2809
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sprot Pro ix3

Just got some Info off my dealer, he expects the ix3 to be in uk by the end of next week, my car is on the phoniex leader (not confirmed by my dealer but this is the only vessel due in around this time that sailed from dalian) and looks like its delayed afew days.

I tried to find out if the triton leader actually went to dalian but cant find any info.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 03:36 AM   #285
KDT123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2809 View Post
Just got some Info off my dealer, he expects the ix3 to be in uk by the end of next week, my car is on the phoniex leader (not confirmed by my dealer but this is the only vessel due in around this time that sailed from dalian) and looks like its delayed afew days.

I tried to find out if the triton leader actually went to dalian but cant find any info.
It sounds like it is on Phoenix leader then, I would have thought 2-3 day delay but sounds like it could be longer if your dealer is saying in the UK end of next week
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2022, 03:52 AM   #286
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2809 View Post

I was tracking ships going into Dalian at that time and it was the Capricornus Leader followed by the Phoenix Leader and then the Grand Orion so I don't think the Triton Leader stopped there.
Appreciate 1