BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-17-2021, 04:53 AM   #45
Adeefc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i Sport

I have been informed mine is due to arrive at the UK dealership Week commencing 11th October. Ordered in April.

Pretty much as expected, Doesn't make me any less inpatient tho!

I Do have an Issue with pod point not having the IX3 on the list of vehicles eligible for EV home charger grant, which is delaying the installation of the charger. The UK list for eligible vehicles was updated 23rd July to include the IX3 so hopefully only a matter of time…..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 10:16 AM   #46
pav_mk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

LCI Facelift

Hi Guys,

I wanted to see everyone's thoughts on the M Sport update which is now replacing the Premier Edition iX3 Models.

Seems annoying and nonsensical how BMW are already updating a model which is now even properly been on the road yet, they usually do this every 2/3 years!

I am now thinking of cancelling my order on a iX3 Premier Edition and replacing it with the updated M Sport Edition model, although this would mean waiting a further circa 6 months from the original delivery date which is already the end of November 2021.

Most of the changes seem aesthetic with the extra's being exactly the same that was offered on the Premier Edition (i.e. pan roof, adaptive suspension, Elecric seats), although the wheels will now be 19's instead of 20's on the base spec models.

I know many people will probably prefer the Premier Edition as this comes with the normal comfort steering wheel compared to the M Sport one which has a reputation for being too chunky!

Thoughts everyone?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:10 AM   #47
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav_mk View Post
Hi Guys,

I wanted to see everyone's thoughts on the M Sport update which is now replacing the Premier Edition iX3 Models.

Seems annoying and nonsensical how BMW are already updating a model which is now even properly been on the road yet, they usually do this every 2/3 years!

I am now thinking of cancelling my order on a iX3 Premier Edition and replacing it with the updated M Sport Edition model, although this would mean waiting a further circa 6 months from the original delivery date which is already the end of November 2021.

Most of the changes seem aesthetic with the extra's being exactly the same that was offered on the Premier Edition (i.e. pan roof, adaptive suspension, Elecric seats), although the wheels will now be 19's instead of 20's on the base spec models.

I know many people will probably prefer the Premier Edition as this comes with the normal comfort steering wheel compared to the M Sport one which has a reputation for being too chunky!

Thoughts everyone?
I considered doing exactly the same but was told it would mean delivery Feb/March next year at the very earliest. The specs are virtually identical apart from some cosmetic updates. The only thing I'm really annoyed about is not being able to get the bigger 12" display as it looks really nice but other than that, I'm quite happy waiting for my Premier Edition Pro to arrive. Also I'm really not a fan of the rear LCI lights and think they just look aftermarket. Not worth the extra wait IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:20 AM   #48
JAV64
Private First Class
Rep

I agree its cosmetic and I would have liked the larger infotainment and also the body kit. In terms of cost the new one seems better value because of the body kit and the larger display inside. Too late for me to cancel now as the car is coming to the dealers this week. I prefer the wheels on the premier edition but don't like the rear lights of the LCI. Another point to note where as you could fold the rear seats with a flick of a switch, the LCI does not have that. You have to fiddle with latches on the seats. Not sure why they did that.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 09:24 AM   #49
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAV64 View Post
I agree its cosmetic and I would have liked the larger infotainment and also the body kit. In terms of cost the new one seems better value because of the body kit and the larger display inside. Too late for me to cancel now as the car is coming to the dealers this week. I prefer the wheels on the premier edition but don't like the rear lights of the LCI. Another point to note where as you could fold the rear seats with a flick of a switch, the LCI does not have that. You have to fiddle with latches on the seats. Not sure why they did that.
I didn't know about the rear seat stuff so that's good to know. That might get annoying for me as I do use the car for longer items frequently
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 05:45 AM   #50
sukhdev
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d Saloon M Sport (F10)

I have asked my dealer whether I am able to amend my existing order (Premier Edition Pro) to the newer revised model "M Sport Pro". They are looking into it and will hopefully get back to me soon.
I much prefer the look of the newer model!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 10:18 AM   #51
JAV64
Private First Class
Rep

I think the new version does look better value when compared to the premier Pro. You get the larger infotainment display and also the body kit. So you are better off going for the LCI as it is current. Mine is at the dealer, picking it up next Tuesday. Would I wait another six months for the new version? If I was looking at it now maybe yes but am happy with the Premier Pro. If the drive train was different (Four wheel drive) then yes I would have opted to wait for the new one.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 10:46 AM   #52
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Nice one! So you get on 31 August and not a new 71 reg? Not that it matters I guess.

Hoping mine is due very soon - all i have is a stock date of 01.09 so hoping it was on the same boat!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 04:22 PM   #53
JAV64
Private First Class
Rep

Well to be honest as the car is on a lease it does not matter much. I tried to get my plate on it before taking out of the dealers but the DVLA have a back log of between 3/4 weeks. I could not be bothered to wait. I will just put the plate on afterwards.

Also they were pushing to get the car out as they are behind on sales targets. I guess times are hard for everyone. Good luck with your car.

Last edited by JAV64; 08-25-2021 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: added a few more words
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 05:29 AM   #54
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

So my order for my iX3 that was originally due to arrive in early October has now been pushed back to the end of November It's been sitting at the port in China for over three weeks now Not impressed...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #55
Adamsk1881
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
So my order for my iX3 that was originally due to arrive in early October has now been pushed back to the end of November It's been sitting at the port in China for over three weeks now Not impressed...
Mine is due beginning of November hope this is not going to impact my delivery. I’m starting to get really impatient now.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 06:17 AM   #56
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

Does anyone know the departure and destination ports for vehicles destined for the UK from China?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 07:26 AM   #57
Adeefc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i Sport

Quote:
Does anyone know the departure and destination ports for vehicles destined for the UK from China?
I have emailed my dealer today and they have told me my car is currently in America, Due 8th November delayed due to "logistical" issues
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 07:46 AM   #58
bigbadabob
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Edition

Quote:
Got told mine had departed Dalian Port and i think it may go to Felixstowe but not 100% certain. Still looking like a mid October Delivery date (Ordered in the middle of April) but planning for the worst to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 09:41 AM   #59
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadabob View Post
Got told mine had departed Dalian Port and i think it may go to Felixstowe but not 100% certain. Still looking like a mid October Delivery date (Ordered in the middle of April) but planning for the worst to be honest.
I can't get any info out of my dealer as to where the car is. I have to keep asking BMW Online Genius and they can't tell me why it's sitting at the port or who/which ship it will be on at all
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #60
bigbadabob
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Edition

Quote:
I can't get any info out of my dealer as to where the car is. I have to keep asking BMW Online Genius and they can't tell me why it's sitting at the port or who/which ship it will be on at all
Yeah it’s not the easiest to track and it’s a long boat trip from China to the UK. Just keeping my fingers crossed it arrives on time. BMW genius told me it left Dalian Port. Fingers crossed yours gets off the port soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 12:18 PM   #61
Eaunoire
Rep
Drives: Ix3

The harmony leader boat departed dalian a few weeks back and is due in the UK early October . This lines up with the dates my dealer gave me. I had a July build date.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 02:37 AM   #62
arj8
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 & BMW ix3

I was told by the main BMW dealer in London that it takes a minimum 20 weeks from the week of production to delivery in the UK. The cars first get shipped to Germany and then to the UK. Apparently Brexit has added around 3 weeks to the lead time.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 04:02 AM   #63
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arj8 View Post
I was told by the main BMW dealer in London that it takes a minimum 20 weeks from the week of production to delivery in the UK. The cars first get shipped to Germany and then to the UK. Apparently Brexit has added around 3 weeks to the lead time.
Yeah, looks like when it arrives in Europe it goes to Bremerhaven, Germany then on to Antwerp and Zeebrugge in Belgium before it arrives at Southampton.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 06:05 AM   #64
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I got mine today - looks great. It says on the VIN sticker was built in May 2021. Ordered in April.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 03:44 AM   #65
Lazy Lee
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Exec, BMW i3s Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaunoire View Post
The harmony leader boat departed dalian a few weeks back and is due in the UK early October . This lines up with the dates my dealer gave me. I had a July build date.
I’ve tried to find this out as well. Also a July build. Dionysos Leader departed from Dalian very early in August, so July builds may have been loaded on there as well. That should arrive in Bremerhaven in about 10 days. Don’t know about transfer to the UK though, as mine is supposed to go to the Netherlands…
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 04:09 PM   #66
Eaunoire
Rep
Drives: Ix3

That lines up more with the dates my dealer gave me actually.
You can see the schedule here https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk36.pdf
Appreciate 0