BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-18-2022, 10:30 AM   #507
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Must have been a cancelled/pre-order slot. One of the advantages of the cars coming with a preset spec other than paint/interior colours is that it’s easy for dealers to reallocate cars. Looks like you’ve had a bit of a result!
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2022, 10:32 AM   #508
EndoViper
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerouali View Post
Must have been a cancelled/pre-order slot. One of the advantages of the cars coming with a preset spec other than paint/interior colours is that it’s easy for dealers to reallocate cars. Looks like you’ve had a bit of a result!
That's all I can think it could be? Very confused by the statement that it's coming from the USA though and just been told on the ship tracking thread this is a coming error given out by the BMW Genius team so I need to re contact them.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 10:44 AM   #509
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoViper View Post
That's all I can think it could be? Very confused by the statement that it's coming from the USA though and just been told on the ship tracking thread this is a coming error given out by the BMW Genius team so I need to re contact them.
I think the genius advice is extremely hit and miss. Last week I was told it was on a boat and due at the dealer first week in August. This week I’ve been told it’s at the port of exit awaiting shipping but still due first week in august. That’s one fast boat!

I guess we just wait for the call…
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 10:48 AM   #510
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Actually, I’ve just done a bit of Google research and apparently port of exit means Bremerhaven so almost here
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 10:52 AM   #511
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
However, we got an email from Sytner this morning confirming the order and providing the AG number. I have just checked this via BMW Chat and been told that the car is built and on it's way from the USA to Bremerhaven!
The iX3 cars are built in China. They are then shipped straight to Europe.

If your car is coming from USA, you may find they have fitted the incorrect drivetrain. Best cancel the charger installation and buy some Shell shares.
Appreciate 2
sahajesh2290.00
      07-19-2022, 02:44 AM   #512
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
The Genius team use the standard X3 codes for the iX3 and since the X3 is made in South Carolina, this gets mapped to the iX3 hence the confusion. I had the same issue early on when tracking my car but a quick email to my dealer and the situation was clearer.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 03:23 AM   #513
EndoViper
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
The iX3 cars are built in China. They are then shipped straight to Europe.

If your car is coming from USA, you may find they have fitted the incorrect drivetrain. Best cancel the charger installation and buy some Shell shares.
Already feel like we need to...only got a 30d X5 but it feels like we are paying for the oil company bonuses at the moment with how much we are spending on fuel each week
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 03:25 AM   #514
EndoViper
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
The Genius team use the standard X3 codes for the iX3 and since the X3 is made in South Carolina, this gets mapped to the iX3 hence the confusion. I had the same issue early on when tracking my car but a quick email to my dealer and the situation was clearer.
Unfortunately the dealer have been pretty clear in that we should go to the lease company to get updates on delivery....and the lease company have said to, basically, leave them along and they will let us know any updates.

In fairness, the dealer did provide the AG number straight away so I am just going to have to try and get what I can from the BMW Genius chat.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 03:45 AM   #515
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Unfortunately the dealer have been pretty clear in that we should go to the lease company to get updates on delivery....and the lease company have said to, basically, leave them along and they will let us know any updates.

In fairness, the dealer did provide the AG number straight away so I am just going to have to try and get what I can from the BMW Genius chat.
Try the Genius team on Twitter, they seem to use a different system to the Genius team on the BMW website and the information is a bit more comprehensive.

I ordered my car in December 2021 and still waiting for it (hoping to get it in the next week or so) and I haven't actually spoken to the leasing company since the start of the year, most of my contact has been with the Genius team and some with the dealer. In all honesty, you'll be able to keep updated with your order from the Twitter Genius team.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:01 AM   #516
tn1113
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5

Quote:
Well I have to admit to being really confused by the lead times process.

I have been loitering on here for a while and reading all the replies about orders and delivery dates and how long they took as my partner was in the process of ordering our new car, an M Sport Pro in Phytonic Blue with Oyster interior, through her works GoGreen scheme.

The order was placed on the 4th July according to her employer and it went through the dealer on the 11th July.

At that point she was told an estimated delivery date of late Jan 2023...which we thought was reasonable.

However, we got an email from Sytner this morning confirming the order and providing the AG number. I have just checked this via BMW Chat and been told that the car is built and on it's way from the USA to Bremerhaven!

They said it has an expected delivery date to us of 23/25th September.

Does this sound right as that's a lot sooner than we were told and expected considering how long a lot of the orders in this thread seem to be taking?
I ordered on the last day of March, M Sport Pro in Carbon Black. After reading stories here I thought I’d contact my dealer….they confirmed that a production date has still yet to be confirmed, but they expect it will be allocated soon based on order numbers. I expect in my instance a 4 month wait to get allocated a date, at which point it will probably be another 4 months to delivery, so 8 months in total and late Nov at the earliest.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:56 AM   #517
Paul1976
Private
Greece
Rep
Drives: iX3 pythonic blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn1113 View Post
I ordered on the last day of March, M Sport Pro in Carbon Black. After reading stories here I thought I’d contact my dealer….they confirmed that a production date has still yet to be confirmed, but they expect it will be allocated soon based on order numbers. I expect in my instance a 4 month wait to get allocated a date, at which point it will probably be another 4 months to delivery, so 8 months in total and late Nov at the earliest.
You are 2 weeks behind me, next week will the production of my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 07:54 AM   #518
Craig4092
Rep
Drives: G30 530e

I must just be lucky with the dealer allocations. I ordered through Arval onto Dick Lovett. I'm told it will be 1st week of August after ordering in May. It's exactly the spec I ordered.

I was sceptical but both Arval and the dealer are confirming the date.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 07:29 AM   #519
SneakySimon13
Rep
Drives: IX3 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman84 View Post
New update today via the business lease company - My car is apparently in a storage compound awaiting transit still. The dealership provided and est delivery date of 8th Aug - As of today this has changed to 30th Sept. To be honest i'm struggling to get my head around this huge delay by nearly 2 month
I ordered my IX3 Pro - 7th Feb via Lex Autolease - I am being given a date of 29/09 - though every 2 months!

I notice before the delays were the build delay, now its delayed in transport so I assume that means it is on the boat?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #520
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Pro

Hi everyone, I'm new here on the forum, I ordered my IX3 in March 2022, it was produced on week 29 in July, initially the delivery month was
August, but I think that before September it will be impossible, my car was bought in Portugal..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 05:12 PM   #521
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

my ix3 was produced in the same week as yours, week 29, it comes to portugal, but I still don't know when I will receive it....
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 01:16 AM   #522
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 Charge + Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteves View Post
my ix3 was produced in the same week as yours, week 29, it comes to portugal, but I still don't know when I will receive it....
Mine was also produced in week 29 - now the atlas leader is scheduled to bremerhaven so Mine and yours will probably be shipped with that.
Appreciate 1
Esteves33.00
      08-20-2022, 06:11 AM   #523
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

yes our cars must be on the same ship, and the ship is already in europe right now? what is the delivery date your dealer gave you?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 08:19 AM   #524
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteves View Post
yes our cars must be on the same ship, and the ship is already in europe right now? what is the delivery date your dealer gave you?
Im not sure - mine is still at the dalian compound, havent been picked up yet.. if it going with atlas leader it will arrive in bremerhaven 24th of september
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 09:16 AM   #525
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

my dealer is on vacation, in a week I'll know what condition my car is in... so we should only have a car there for october...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 03:52 AM   #526
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep

Are we ready guys - atlas leader heading for Dalian arriving tonight at 0200 august 22th
Appreciate 1
ThreeXi57.00
      08-22-2022, 09:56 AM   #527
Topoftheleague
Rep
Drives: Ix3

I get the impression that cars built in week 32 (mine released 12aug) haven’t yet arrived in dalian according to chat. I’m still code 160… I guess we wait for the next one…
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #528
Gnillab
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G08

What is your build date on bimmer.work?

Mine is August 9th and I'm curious to see when it'll depart.
Expected delivery is w46.
Appreciate 0