BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-21-2022, 08:23 AM   #1
DrJAB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX3 M Sport Pro

Adaptive M Suspension in BMW Store

Hi All,

I have an iX3 M Sport Pro and I have just noticed that in the BMW store it is offering me the option of having Adaptive M Suspension as a software upgrade for £399. I believe my car already has all the hardware and automatic selection of this and the description in the store appears only to be adding the option of editing which suspension mode it uses in Eco Pro Individual and Sport Individual modes (rather than just auto adjusting to comfort suspension and sport suspension in these modes). Has anyone got any experience of this? Am I correct? It seems a lot of money to add some manual adjustment that seems rather pointless?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 01:03 PM   #2
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

, yes basically you can ‘mix & match’ suspension mode to any drive mode. Disappointing that this is not standard as it’s a good option to have imo. I would wait for Black Friday where hopefully this and other options will be reduced as has been the case in previous years.
Appreciate 1
DrJAB9.00
      07-21-2022, 01:16 PM   #3
modomi06
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 LCI, i3S

In theory, it's possible to obtain ‘mix & match’ with coding .
The difference is that there is a new and more performing algorithm that manage suspensions response.
I have it but I really don't know how to test difference .
In any case the price for these option is unjustified
Appreciate 1
DrJAB9.00
      07-21-2022, 01:41 PM   #4
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJAB View Post
Hi All,

I have an iX3 M Sport Pro and I have just noticed that in the BMW store it is offering me the option of having Adaptive M Suspension as a software upgrade for £399. I believe my car already has all the hardware and automatic selection of this and the description in the store appears only to be adding the option of editing which suspension mode it uses in Eco Pro Individual and Sport Individual modes (rather than just auto adjusting to comfort suspension and sport suspension in these modes). Has anyone got any experience of this? Am I correct? It seems a lot of money to add some manual adjustment that seems rather pointless?

Cheers!
There is another thread from a while back in the Forum that might be of interest if you haven't come across it already.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...1829069&page=2

Post number #41 on page 2 in the above thread was the last when I just looked and seems to sum it up quite well and it is from someone who has the upgrade.

Perhaps I will treat myself to it as an early Christmas present.
Appreciate 1
DrJAB9.00
      07-22-2022, 03:53 AM   #5
DrJAB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX3 M Sport Pro

Thanks for the responses people!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 04:23 PM   #6
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Did you notice any difference in eco/comfort to sport? I have tried twisty rods and pot hole ridden ones and do not feel any difference in suspension adjustments. Paying £399 and not feel any difference sounds silly to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 05:05 PM   #7
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Sports is deffo more reactive when cornering etc. Comfort I 'think' feels a little more speedy to react to bumps etc, so more comfy. But it's not night and day. Not sure it's worth 399, wait for the sales they do, and get it for 199. I suppose it might be possible to code it on yourself, I've not looked into it as have it, but should be do-able.

When I had the dealer car while mine was in, you could feel the difference, however like I said not sure if it's 399 worth.

Last edited by the_ape; 07-24-2022 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 04:42 AM   #8
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Sports is deffo more reactive when cornering etc. Comfort I 'think' feels a little more speedy to react to bumps etc, so more comfy. But it's not night and day. Not sure it's worth 399, wait for the sales they do, and get it for 199. I suppose it might be possible to code it on yourself, I've not looked into it as have it, but should be do-able.

When I had the dealer car while mine was in, you could feel the difference, however like I said not sure if it's 399 worth.
Having come from a succession of high performance sports cars, I suspect nothing will come close to what I am used to in a vehicle that is 50% heavier and a foot taller!! Even sports mode on the suspension won't help here. I am just taking it easier in the corners now!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 06:43 AM   #9
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Well likewise, but that's one of the downsides to higher driving position
Appreciate 0