BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-14-2021, 08:28 PM   #1
AcidLotus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i, 2014 640i

Ordered replacement key fob, need to deactivate lost fob

Hi - My wife lost her keys to our BMWs and we thought they were somewhere in the house. We tore the place apart looking for them, but after 2 weeks of not finding them, I ordered two new keys from the BMW dealership, one for her BMW and one for the X3.

I have instructions on how to get the new fob for each car to work with the car, but am having a hard time finding instructions on how to disable the lost fobs. Some sites say only 2 fobs will work, others say they can de-code the lost fobs remotely for like $160 or something. I just need instructions on how to disable the lost fobs if anyone knows, or is it automatic if the good fob and the new fob are in the car? I have the cables, the software, and have coded the cars before, so decoding can't be much different. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 08:28 AM   #2
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

No offence to your coding skills, but if you have a concern you may have lost the key and it could be compromised, it may be stealer time. More $$$ but more peace of mind?
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41909.50