BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-11-2021, 10:46 AM   #23
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
This is exactly why I'm waiting on the G87 M2 instead. I'm confident this car will look much better in all aspects and maybe even perform better too. Should be agile and more nimble due to lighter weight.
I was on the camp that really hated it when I saw it online, but I will say this is easily the least photogenic car I've ever seen. I wouldn't say I love it in person, but it does look far better. But to me, I need to be head over heels a car, so this is why I'm also waiting for the G87.

Curious a lot of you guys are replacing the F97 with the G80. Did you guys not use the space in the F97? I feel like this is where the car really stands out and you can use it for so many things.
I actually used the space a decent amount. For me, it's really a desire to get back into a manual. The S58 is a gem and I can deal with the styling of the G80. Plus proper wide body, which was always a let down with the X3M for me.
Appreciate 1
W///7489.50
      05-11-2021, 11:44 AM   #24
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I was on the camp that really hated it when I saw it online, but I will say this is easily the least photogenic car I've ever seen. I wouldn't say I love it in person, but it does look far better. But to me, I need to be head over heels a car, so this is why I'm also waiting for the G87.

Curious a lot of you guys are replacing the F97 with the G80. Did you guys not use the space in the F97? I feel like this is where the car really stands out and you can use it for so many things.
My wife has a Subaru Outback so space isn't a must have. I moved to a cul-de-sac location which made for difficulty getting a RWD car into the garage in the winter (driveway angled that you can't make a good run at it without slowing down and turning) after a good snow dump so the X3M seemed like a good way to stay in an M-vehicle and have less issues getting around in the winter and on that aspect it has delivered. Now that the G8x will have AWD I can probably go back to a car now and at heart I will always be a car guy.
Appreciate 2
Transfer5254.00
W///7489.50
      05-11-2021, 12:29 PM   #25
Gsavarese
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Garage List
Love my X3MC but at the end of the lease I’ll likely look for off lease M5s or M8GC. I like to take advantage of the massive depreciation of big bimmer sedans
Appreciate 1
Transfer5254.00
      05-11-2021, 12:54 PM   #26
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

I love manuals, the S58, and the new tech, but can't bring myself to like the exterior... yet (even after seeing an M4 in person). An X3M or next gen M2 will probably be my next car.

I won't disagree that it's an aggressive design. The elements just don't seem that cohesive, hence why you see a lot of bad camera angles.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 04:17 PM   #27
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
I love manuals, the S58, and the new tech, but can't bring myself to like the exterior... yet (even after seeing an M4 in person). An X3M or next gen M2 will probably be my next car.

I won't disagree that it's an aggressive design. The elements just don't seem that cohesive, hence why you see a lot of bad camera angles.
I would wait for G87 M2 if I didn't want AWD. I had the first year M235i and while the steering in that car was horseshit, the rest of the car was so good.
Appreciate 1
Gsavarese300.50
      05-11-2021, 04:37 PM   #28
Gsavarese
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I would wait for G87 M2 if I didn't want AWD. I had the first year M235i and while the steering in that car was horseshit, the rest of the car was so good.
So it wasn’t just me! I had an M235i and I was scared to go around turns at speed. It was the steering !
Appreciate 1
Transfer5254.00
      05-11-2021, 07:06 PM   #29
TTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: m3 f80, X3M, Huracan perf, 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
The grill gets a lot of hate, but other aspects of the car bugs me too. I'm no fan of the double hood bulges. Or the sharp lines on the sides of the car. Or the weird transition from the rear doors to the rear fenders on the M3. The car just doesn't flow.

But the worst part is people will buy them, the looks will "grow on them" and BMW will think they were proven right. Even though they probably won't be.
Double hood bulges looks even 100x worster than grill
Appreciate 0