BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #441
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Thanks! Just wanted something that was similar to Tesla's system, I test drove a Tesla model Y earlier this year and I thought it was incredible, this driver's pro package should give me something similar (not autonomous) during highway driving, which just helps relieve a lot of the stress that you don't even realize is happening..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Very nice spec and great to see another Alcantara and beige interior. What was the primary thing that drew you to the driver package?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #442
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Seriously? That's really cool! Your dealership told you?

How do they know what number you are? There's a lot of people here that are getting completed 2,5,6 of August. What positions could we be? 😁😁😁 I'd love to know
Yes, that's what the dealership told me...I'm assuming there's something in the ordering system which tells them.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 02:02 PM   #443
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Finally getting the ball rolling, now the agonizing wait begins! :-)

Doing delivery at the Performance Center, not sure when yet but I would assume sometime early to mid September..
Maybe I'll see you there!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #444
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2otwo View Post
You are the 23rd marina blue or the 23 overall production for US?
The dealer said #23 in production for the US...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 02:06 PM   #445
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

I think that would be very cool, always a pleasure to meet a fellow enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John View Post
Maybe I'll see you there!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #446
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRules View Post
Marino Bay Blue is a beautiful color, congrats! What color interior did you pick?
I went with the boring "Black Extended Merino Leather Interior." Everytime I order a car I say "this is the year I'm NOT going to order a black interior"...but I always end up doing it. I had REALLY wanted to order ivory, but my wife said that would be not smart, so...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #447
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Hey folks, wondering if there has been any movement past "production begins" status?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 09:15 AM   #448
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Hey folks, wondering if there has been any movement past "production begins" status?
Not from my side!

I talked to BMWNA late last week and they mentioned that the system is finicky. We might get a bunch of steps happening all at the same time as we approach vehicle completion, per their comments. This is what might be happening with our cars. My car started July 14th and still shows as "production begins." Seems unlikely…
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #449
GoFastGoFish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC , 2020 X5, 2021 JLU

Quote:
I went with the boring "Black Extended Merino Leather Interior." Everytime I order a car I say "this is the year I'm NOT going to order a black interior"...but I always end up doing it. I had REALLY wanted to order ivory, but my wife said that would be not smart, so...
So just my two cents so far.. Ivory is scary.. but I did get whatever is considered "ceramic" coating done on my interior.. and so far even when I accidentally got in with clay mud on my shorts .. it wiped right off with a towel and water. I sometimes get caught with my X3m in a fishing situation that I can't turn down lol.

not saying that other things wont happen to it.. but I am a bit less worried now.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 11:24 AM   #450
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFastGoFish View Post
Quote:
So just my two cents so far.. Ivory is scary.. but I did get whatever is considered "ceramic" coating done on my interior.. and so far even when I accidentally got in with clay mud on my shorts .. it wiped right off with a towel and water. I sometimes get caught with my X3m in a fishing situation that I can't turn down lol.

not saying that other things wont happen to it.. but I am a bit less worried now.
My brother had an oyster interior some time ago. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. Stains everywhere.

No way I'd pick anything lighter than a brown for a car. But that's me. The amaro brown stayed in perfect condition throughout 3 years of ownership of my M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 12:35 PM   #451
evo-mike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My brother had an oyster interior some time ago. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. Stains everywhere.

No way I'd pick anything lighter than a brown for a car. But that's me. The amaro brown stayed in perfect condition throughout 3 years of ownership of my M3.
Had ivory for over a year, not a single stain. Have a son and 2 giant dogs in it all the time. The only thing I don't like is the white cloth on the sides of the back seats. But I would highly recommend it for anyone in a warmer climate. Probably will order an lci with tartufo though, just love that color interior.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #452
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-mike View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Had ivory for over a year, not a single stain. Have a son and 2 giant dogs in it all the time. The only thing I don't like is the white cloth on the sides of the back seats. But I would highly recommend it for anyone in a warmer climate. Probably will order an lci with tartufo though, just love that color interior.
It depends on the user then…

How much can you take care and how much do you want to do it?

I'm not up for it 😁. Rather have something more manageable.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 01:24 PM   #453
Vastyle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 Grigio Telesto 3 pedal

Shit frozen dark grey!!! Man
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 09:07 AM   #454
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Was just told Week 35, so looks like I have at least another month of waiting for the car to be built + whatever additional weeks the PCD delivery adds...

Quote:
That's great V8MAN! What's your production week?
      07-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #455
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

My X3M has been moved up, slated to complete production on July 29th!!!

No movement yet on the online production tracker. The BMW team told me the system won't show any of the progress... which was obvious at this point anyways.

In any case, we are all getting closer! Maybe call and ask for an updated expected completion date. There is an automated system that tells you over the phone, you don't even need to talk to a person.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 02:25 PM   #456
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Was just told Week 35, so looks like I have at least another month of waiting for the car to be built + whatever additional weeks the PCD delivery adds...
Generally, PCD adds two weeks. But, there's air fare to buy and setting up the date for the visit.
Funny thing is I had a week and a half where mine was "in transit". Factory is a 2 minute ride from the showroom
Email to performancecenterdeliver@bmwmc.com will usually get a quick response (1 day) on any questions you may have.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 02:52 PM   #457
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

No movement yet on the online production tracker. The BMW team told me the system won't show any of the progress... which was obvious at this point anyways.

In any case, we are all getting closer! Maybe call and ask for an updated expected completion date. There is an automated system that tells you over the phone, you don't even need to talk to a person.
just called. still the same date for me (august 5th).

oh well
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-27-2021, 03:21 PM   #458
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
just called. still the same date for me (august 5th).

oh well
no change for me either, scheduled to complete on Aug 4th
Appreciate 1
danniexi3072.00
      07-27-2021, 04:25 PM   #459
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Didn't call as suspect many of us with same Week # will be rolling off the line together, but did check our garage and the tracking status bar hasn't moved.

Even though the LCI's Cd hasn't officially changed, the front and rear diffuser lines are different so still suspect they made some wind tunnel-based adjustments to those design areas.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ando2000.50
      07-27-2021, 05:00 PM   #460
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Didn't call as suspect many of us with same Week # will be rolling off the line together, but did check our garage and the tracking status bar hasn't moved.

Even though the LCI's Cd hasn't officially changed, the front and rear diffuser lines are different so still suspect they made some wind tunnel-based adjustments to those design areas.
Are you trying to buy 1 in every color? What color did your dog get 😜?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 06:03 PM   #461
m2otwo
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

That's great! Mine should be completed 8/4!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 06:20 PM   #462
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
We should be able to input our VIN for the driver's guide and decode the VIN once it's in quality check, so likely next week!
Appreciate 0