BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
coolspot
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Canadian BMW X3 - Full Screen Carplay Disappeared?

So I got the e-mail from BMW regarding the CarPlay extension and decided to try it out again. When I first got the car back in October, CarPlay was in full screen mode.

Last week, while using iDrive, it had multiple crashes and reset itself. Some settings were lost during the reset.

Today when using CarPlay, I noticed that it is only 1/2 screen.

Is this because the car settings got corrupted and I lost full screen capability? BMW X3, 2019 model, iDrive 6, iOS 13.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
djrobx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 m40i Flamenco Red

I think you have to have a hack running for FS carplay on ID6.

Are you sure you aren't remembering split screen with the album art on the right side? With IOS12 they didn't really show artwork in carplay, so it looked natural to have the carplay controls with IDrive providing the artwork to the right of it.

With IOS13 the same setup looks goofy by default. You can turn off the artwork to get it back to looking somewhat reasonable. I opted to buy the hack and am much happier with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 05:33 AM   #3
TheusBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I also went with hack route. Even though with Carplay now being offered without charge, it wouldn't be full screen, especially Google Maps or Waze.

I purchased mine from one of the forum members (kubax86). Easy peasy install (though had some hiccups perhaps due to my loss of internet connection but reinstalled it) and worked flawlessly as long as I followed the instructions.
Very reasonable cost and great benefit.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #4
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheusBimmer View Post
I also went with hack route. Even though with Carplay now being offered without charge, it wouldn't be full screen, especially Google Maps or Waze.

I purchased mine from one of the forum members (kubax86). Easy peasy install (though had some hiccups perhaps due to my loss of internet connection but reinstalled it) and worked flawlessly as long as I followed the instructions.
Think they'll offer it as an update to MY19's after they're all sold off?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 02:33 AM   #5
TheusBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheusBimmer View Post

Think they'll offer it as an update to MY19's after they're all sold off?
I doubt it, based on people's poor experience with BMW software updates and what not. I would still go through a hack if wanted now. If you wanted to wait a few months, then I would wait, but wouldn't wait too long of a time for full screen. ACP is finally free (recently got an email from BMW, at a later time than other forum members). I would enjoy free ACP and then see if want to upgrade to full screen, or ask bmw directly.
Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00