BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums (2018 - 2024) BMW X3M (F97) and X4M (F98) General Forum (2018+) UPDATE: Karbel Carbon?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-08-2022, 06:52 PM   #1
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
95wildtt's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2020 X4M Competition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westfield, IN

iTrader: (0)

UPDATE: Karbel Carbon?

Hi,

Looks like some pretty cool stuff but haven’t seen their name mentioned on here…
X4: https://karbelcarbon.com/collections...mc-f98-2019-on
X3: https://karbelcarbon.com/collections...mc-f97-2019-on

Thanks,
John
__________________
2020 TRM-BLACK X4///M Competition
2020 Porsche Macan
1995 Dodge Stealth TwinTurbo
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport

Last edited by 95wildtt; 04-14-2022 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 08:42 AM   #2
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
95wildtt's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2020 X4M Competition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westfield, IN

iTrader: (0)

Based on what I've seen on other forums and the extensive portfolio they offer for MANY platforms, I've taken the plunge, and ordered a diffuser.

I may use the LED as a rear fog light, or maybe brake, or may just cover it with Vinyl.
Will remove of cover the karbel logo for sure

Will report back on the quality, but their customer service has been good.
Attached Images
   
__________________
2020 TRM-BLACK X4///M Competition
2020 Porsche Macan
1995 Dodge Stealth TwinTurbo
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport

Last edited by 95wildtt; 02-02-2022 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #3
GP0256
Lieutenant
182
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 2006 MINI GP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Let us know how it goes. I'm really digging those side skirts as well
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 08:30 PM   #4
Gabagool
New Member
11
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3M Competition
Join Date: May 2021
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wildtt View Post
Based on what I've seen on other forums and the extensive portfolio they offer for MANY platforms, I've taken the plunge, and ordered a diffuser.

I may use the LED as a rear fog light, or maybe brake, or may just cover it with Vinyl.
Will remove of cover the karbel logo for sure

Will report back on the quality, but their customer service has been good.
This isn't the diffuser pictured for our cars… I've been wanting something exactly like this one so badly though. Where did you find it?


Edit: Nevermind — that's the x4 diffuser. Looks like these are all for pre-LCI though
__________________
2022 f97 X3M Competition
2020 f97 X3M Competition (RIP)
2013 f30 335i xdrive MPPK (sold)
2008 e90 335i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 09:28 PM   #5
iSpY
Private
United_States
12
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: X3M
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wildtt View Post
Based on what I've seen on other forums and the extensive portfolio they offer for MANY platforms, I've taken the plunge, and ordered a diffuser.

I may use the LED as a rear fog light, or maybe brake, or may just cover it with Vinyl.
Will remove of cover the karbel logo for sure

Will report back on the quality, but their customer service has been good.
Please keep us posted. I am glad to see they are offering CF spoiler for our cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 11:34 PM   #6
Derek.H
Second Lieutenant
64
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: Porsche Cayenne
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

anyone know if those front lip will fit LCI models?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 10:23 AM   #7
GP0256
Lieutenant
182
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 2006 MINI GP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Love these parts but with $261 in shipping I'm not sure I wanna do it. Otherwise they are the best looking ones I've seen yet
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 03:18 PM   #8
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
95wildtt's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2020 X4M Competition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westfield, IN

iTrader: (0)

Update...

Got the diffuser today and WOW!

The quality is Excellent, fitment was perfect and the final result couldn't be better.
Probably the best quality piece of CF I have bought yet, and every bit as good as the OE parts.
The part has tabs at the top that fit in the slots where the OE part fits, and uses the bolts and push fasteners from the OE part for mounting on the bottom.

Total install time is probably about 30 minutes.
You WILL LOSE the hands free tailgate opening feature, so decide for your self which is more important.

I have opted not to use the side sponsons that fit on the quarter panels behind the wheels, may change my mind later, but for now just replaced the OE part.

I put a piece of black vinyl film over the logo that is on the center tab above the LED, it's under the clear coat, so not really an option to remove it.

The LED has both a bright and 1/2 bright wiring option so you can do tails and brakes if you want to do so...
I have it wired as a rear fog/running light at full bright.

The appearance of the LED is JUST LIKE the running light "blades" in the tail lights, with diffused light and true red. Matches perfectly with the color and look of the OE lights.
I have LaminX on the tails and the diffuser LED, so they look very dark in my photos.

Yes, it's expensive, and it took a while to get it, but was well worth the wait.

They have their own shipping service that will bring the part from their facility to you door, so that's one of the reasons they are more for shipping.
Was very nice to have them unwrap the part with me and verify all was good before leaving. Not just a drop and run like we usually get.

The bottom picture shows how much deeper and aggressive the new diffuser is compared to the OE part.
Attached Images
   
__________________
2020 TRM-BLACK X4///M Competition
2020 Porsche Macan
1995 Dodge Stealth TwinTurbo
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport

Last edited by 95wildtt; 04-16-2022 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 7
HoJoRo306.50
BrockDM673.00
Max Well4100.00
bear1m77.00
-JLT-3154.00
      04-14-2022, 03:55 PM   #9
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
HoJoRo's Avatar
United Kingdom
307
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: i8 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

A damn fine mod that is 95! The CF Diffuser on Toronto Red looks amazing .. congrats on one awesome looking X4MC
__________________
Drives: i8 Coupe - Crystal White / BMW i Blue Accent
SAV: 2020 VW Transporter Kombi - Pure Grey
Gone: 2021 X3MC LCI - Marina Bay Blue Metallic
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 07:52 PM   #10
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
95wildtt's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2020 X4M Competition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westfield, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoRo View Post
A damn fine mod that is 95! The CF Diffuser on Toronto Red looks amazing .. congrats on one awesome looking X4MC
Thanks a bunch!
__________________
2020 TRM-BLACK X4///M Competition
2020 Porsche Macan
1995 Dodge Stealth TwinTurbo
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 07:22 PM   #11
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
95wildtt's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2020 X4M Competition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westfield, IN

iTrader: (0)

X4M Rear Roof Spoiler, Great fit and looks awesome!

https://karbelcarbon.com/products/ka...mc-f98-2019-on
Attached Images
    
__________________
2020 TRM-BLACK X4///M Competition
2020 Porsche Macan
1995 Dodge Stealth TwinTurbo
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport
Appreciate 4
Bmock17375.50
BrockDM673.00
-JLT-3154.00
      05-06-2022, 01:33 AM   #12
mistasleepi
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ca

iTrader: (0)

nice looking x4m! i would be all over this if they fit my x4m LCI
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 07:35 AM   #13
spta97
Colonel
1152
Rep
2,018
Posts

Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Spoiler looks great and seems like a steal for the price!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 12:17 PM   #14
mistasleepi
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ca

iTrader: (0)

Any chance you would know if the roof spoiler you have would fit the 2022 LCI x4m models? I've tried contacting karbel, they said they never tested it so they're not sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 09:26 AM   #15
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
95wildtt's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2020 X4M Competition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westfield, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistasleepi View Post
Any chance you would know if the roof spoiler you have would fit the 2022 LCI x4m models? I've tried contacting karbel, they said they never tested it so they're not sure.
I also asked Karbel, so I could post the info on here, and they told me the same thing.

There are only a few online parts databases updated with LCI part numbers, may want to call the dealer, but they seem to show the same part for the LCI/non-LCI so I think it will work.
The Karbel spoiler only makes contact with the OE spoiler and is taped (you will need to supply the tape BTW) onto it, so I would say YES.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2020 TRM-BLACK X4///M Competition
2020 Porsche Macan
1995 Dodge Stealth TwinTurbo
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport

Last edited by 95wildtt; 05-07-2022 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 01:21 PM   #16
mistasleepi
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wildtt View Post
I also asked Karbel, so I could post the info on here, and they told me the same thing.

There are only a few online parts databases updated with LCI part numbers, may want to call the dealer, but they seem to show the same part for the LCI/non-LCI so I think it will work.
The Karbel spoiler only makes contact with the OE spoiler and is taped (you will need to supply the tape BTW) onto it, so I would say YES.
Thanks, they have 2 of the roof spoilers still available. I'll be picking one up now! Have to find some black vinyl or something to cover the name on it though.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 03:58 PM   #17
-JLT-
Brigadier General
-JLT-'s Avatar
3154
Rep
4,066
Posts

Drives: '20 X3M COMP, '21 X6 M50i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CHITOWN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wildtt View Post
Update...

Got the diffuser today and WOW!

The quality is Excellent, fitment was perfect and the final result couldn't be better.
Probably the best quality piece of CF I have bought yet, and every bit as good as the OE parts.
The part has tabs at the top that fit in the slots where the OE part fits, and uses the bolts and push fasteners from the OE part for mounting on the bottom.

Total install time is probably about 30 minutes.
You WILL LOSE the hands free tailgate opening feature, so decide for your self which is more important.

I have opted not to use the side sponsons that fit on the quarter panels behind the wheels, may change my mind later, but for now just replaced the OE part.

I put a piece of black vinyl film over the logo that is on the center tab above the LED, it's under the clear coat, so not really an option to remove it.

The LED has both a bright and 1/2 bright wiring option so you can do tails and brakes if you want to do so...
I have it wired as a rear fog/running light at full bright.

The appearance of the LED is JUST LIKE the running light "blades" in the tail lights, with diffused light and true red. Matches perfectly with the color and look of the OE lights.
I have LaminX on the tails and the diffuser LED, so they look very dark in my photos.

Yes, it's expensive, and it took a while to get it, but was well worth the wait.

They have their own shipping service that will bring the part from their facility to you door, so that's one of the reasons they are more for shipping.
Was very nice to have them unwrap the part with me and verify all was good before leaving. Not just a drop and run like we usually get.

The bottom picture shows how much deeper and aggressive the new diffuser is compared to the OE part.


can u get some pics of it from afar? also, need pics w/ ur wheels as well.
__________________
-JLT-
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #18
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
95wildtt's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2020 X4M Competition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westfield, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post


can u get some pics of it from afar? also, need pics w/ ur wheels as well.
Posted an album with final project photos... thanks for asking.
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...5#post28882815
__________________
2020 TRM-BLACK X4///M Competition
2020 Porsche Macan
1995 Dodge Stealth TwinTurbo
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST