BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #1
SF07e70
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5 3.0

Sunroof leaking front right corner

Parents just bought a 2016 sdrive a couple months ago. It’s been raining pretty hard in our area and my dad noticed the headliner was damp. Also, a couple drops of water on the passenger seat after he makes his first turn out of their block.

We seemed to have narrowed it down to a kink in the drain tube since water is draining into the cabin filter area through the firewall. But with the front right door open, there was also signs of water dripping down the right side of the dashboard. The car is usually parked nose down in front of their house.

I didn’t see many posts or articles online about f25 drain tubes being kinked. After confirming the drain is working(not sure if it’s draining slow but it’s draining), I did see the piece of plastic debris in the cabin filter area found in this post:

Next step is to remove the a pillar and check for kinks or any other drain issues.

Last edited by SF07e70; 10-24-2021 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #2
SF07e70
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5 3.0

Removed the A pillar after some struggle but did not see a drain tube. Only saw the airbag and wiring harness. Any suggestions?

Appreciate 0