BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #419
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril6rod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
I'm just messing with u. I don't mind BMW making M versions of all their lineups. I normally am not a fan of SUVs but now I need one so I'm glad they're making an M version of it. if they didn't, I have no problems getting an X3 M40i
No worries man, I was just clearing some stuff up is all.

I don't mind it either that BMW is making high performance versions of the base X3/X4 nor the other big brothers. But if it were up to me I'd brand them as that, "Performance" versions and I'd keep the status of M, Competition, CSL, GTS, etc for the true hardcore double duty M cars. But hey it's not my decision so I can only comment and share my views.
I hear u. but, reality is, every company needs to come to the times to make money, which means performance SUVs. look at Porsche, Maserati, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, etc
      03-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #420
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Pricing guide released yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #421
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Nope.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #422
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

So do we know what is standard, bit confused for US

1) sunroof?
2) roof rails?
3) tinted rear windows?

swiss site is showing seat ventilation as an option and display key, do you need display key for remote start?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 10:19 PM   #423
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
So do we know what is standard, bit confused for US

1) sunroof?
2) roof rails?
3) tinted rear windows?

swiss site is showing seat ventilation as an option and display key, do you need display key for remote start?
Won't know until ordering guide comes out for sure, but first post summarizes what was announced for the US so far.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 01:42 PM   #424
allen3ybq
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I have already seen the "Market Adjusted Price" at socal dealers :
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #425
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen3ybq View Post
Are they taking orders or something?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #426
allen3ybq
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Quote:
No I was just joking since I feel like that's what's gonna happen when the car hits the dealer
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #427
allen3ybq
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No I was just joking since I feel like that's what's gonna happen when the car hits the dealer
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #428
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Here in the UK

https://www.bmw.co.uk/pdfs/price-lis..._PriceList.pdf

Surprisingly little options here.
drexplode1779.00
      03-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #429
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Here in the UK

https://www.bmw.co.uk/pdfs/price-lis..._PriceList.pdf

Surprisingly little options here.
At 75k for an X3 I'm not sure there is much that should be left off the standard spec.

Looks lovely though I'd love that donington grey one with the black/tan leather as shown.
      03-13-2019, 05:06 PM   #430
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
At 75k for an X3 I'm not sure there is much that should be left off the standard spec...
I remain a bit puzzled over a fair number of comments suggesting, if I am reading the intent correctly and I apologize in advance if I'm not, that because it is the smaller X3 in the larger X-lineage, that one should not expect to pay as much? Perhaps in the non-M series one can expect higher-end components as you move 'up the chain', but with the M, many of the components should be quite similar. I'm not referencing the stereo, or perhaps more comfortable seats, but where the performance and handling matter in the suspension, drive train, and wheels, is it being implied that it is that much 'cheaper' on the X3 c/w the X5 or X6 (again, where it matters)?

I must admit that I'm not seeing it that way. And I see folks spending $85K for the smaller Macan, yet I am puzzled to see some suggest that BMW doesn't match up with Porsche in it's 'fit and finish' yet still don't want to see an MSRP over $80K? But how can we demand to have it both ways - either we want BMW to go full out and use quality components and provide us with an X3M we can be proud of and be willing to pay for it, or accept a lesser-priced vehicle which ticks some of the boxes but not all.

This is our first venture into the M world, so I'm hoping it ticks all of the boxes and will support the price BMW indicates it needs to make this profitable and sustainable. If not, then yes, we might as well stick with our G01 X3 M40i's.
Appreciate 1
ando2000.50
      03-13-2019, 06:13 PM   #431
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
I remain a bit puzzled over a fair number of comments suggesting, if I am reading the intent correctly and I apologize in advance if I'm not, that because it is the smaller X3 in the larger X-lineage, that one should not expect to pay as much? Perhaps in the non-M series one can expect higher-end components as you move 'up the chain', but with the M, many of the components should be quite similar. I'm not referencing the stereo, or perhaps more comfortable seats, but where the performance and handling matter in the suspension, drive train, and wheels, is it being implied that it is that much 'cheaper' on the X3 c/w the X5 or X6 (again, where it matters)?

I must admit that I'm not seeing it that way. And I see folks spending $85K for the smaller Macan, yet I am puzzled to see some suggest that BMW doesn't match up with Porsche in it's 'fit and finish' yet still don't want to see an MSRP over $80K? But how can we demand to have it both ways - either we want BMW to go full out and use quality components and provide us with an X3M we can be proud of and be willing to pay for it, or accept a lesser-priced vehicle which ticks some of the boxes but not all.

This is our first venture into the M world, so I'm hoping it ticks all of the boxes and will support the price BMW indicates it needs to make this profitable and sustainable. If not, then yes, we might as well stick with our G01 X3 M40i's.
It's not my first M Rodeo I've had 5 and in the UK £75k (sterling) is a lot for a medium sized SUV even a sporty one, actually I was wrong it's actually £77k on the road (sterling) so my point stands it needs to be well equipped, which it appears to be.

In terms of Porsche and measuring up, no BMW doesn't and needs to offer more value which it often does.
      03-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #432
ctdw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5C (F90)

Quote:
It will not have the same level of features or equipment as a X5M. For example, my X5M came standard with a black Alcantara headliner...much more expensive and higher end than just the standard black cloth headliner that is in my M3 or the new X3M. My X5M has auto close doors...I doubt the X3M will have that. The current and next generation X5M will definitely offer a set of higher end features than the X3M. I am sure some of the performance components will be similar and many of the differences may not be important to most drivers focused on performance.

I don't miss the luxury when I am driving my M3 and I will likely switch to the X3M from my X5M since I would prefer a smaller SUV and ultimately care more about the performance and drive. My only "required" luxury feature for the X3M is ventilated seats since I am in the southeast now. Based on the UK spec sheet it looks like it will come with that. At the same time, if I am not going to get all of what a X5M offers, I expect it to be noticeably less expensive.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #433
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdw View Post
Quote:
It will not have the same level of features or equipment as a X5M. For example, my X5M came standard with a black Alcantara headliner...much more expensive and higher end than just the standard black cloth headliner that is in my M3 or the new X3M. My X5M has auto close doors...I doubt the X3M will have that. The current and next generation X5M will definitely offer a set of higher end features than the X3M. I am sure some of the performance components will be similar and many of the differences may not be important to most drivers focused on performance.

I don't miss the luxury when I am driving my M3 and I will likely switch to the X3M from my X5M since I would prefer a smaller SUV and ultimately care more about the performance and drive. My only "required" luxury feature for the X3M is ventilated seats since I am in the southeast now. Based on the UK spec sheet it looks like it will come with that. At the same time, if I am not going to get all of what a X5M offers, I expect it to be noticeably less expensive.
This. It will fit that performance gap, but won't feel like you are wrapped in leather luxury goodness, although it will have enough that you know you're not in Honda... if that makes sense. Kind of like the M3 vs M5.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #434
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenKeel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
sign me up, love them both but will probably go for the X4M
Impressive specs from Bavarian Motor Works. One thing that stood out to me on motor build is a forged crank but no mention of forged rods. Rods (and bolts holding heads without stretching to prevent head gasket leaks ) can be a weak spot when increasing HP with custom tunes. Assuming they know what they are doing though. I personally do not tune at those HP levels but many will. Anyway , thank you BMW for building cars like. Wow!!!
The S58 video says the conrods are forged as well.
Missed that. Thanks 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #435
Transfer
Major General
Rep

When does US configurator open up?
Appreciate 1
ando2000.50
      03-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #436
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
When does US configurator open up?
Anyone have a US Order & Price Guide?
Appreciate 1
Max Well4708.50
      03-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #437
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 and 2023 Mazda CX-30

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [10.00]
2024 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
At 75k for an X3 I'm not sure there is much that should be left off the standard spec.

Looks lovely though I'd love that donington grey one with the black/tan leather as shown.
When I first saw the Donington Grey pics I really liked it. Then I saw some pics of an M5 in that color and was not quite as sure anymore. Guess I need to see an X3M in that color in person to decide.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 03:21 PM   #438
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Quote:

When I first saw the Donington Grey pics I really liked it. Then I saw some pics of an M5 in that color and was not quite as sure anymore. Guess I need to see an X3M in that color in person to decide.
It's a high class color but I'm with you sort of doubting it. My problem is I'm not super crazy about any of the colors. I really want to like Phytonic blue but it's difficult to evaluate in pictures and the M40i has all those nasty silver/gray bits that distract from what the X3M might look like in blue.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2019, 12:11 AM   #439
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 and 2023 Mazda CX-30

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [10.00]
2024 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
It's a high class color but I'm with you sort of doubting it. My problem is I'm not super crazy about any of the colors. I really want to like Phytonic blue but it's difficult to evaluate in pictures and the M40i has all those nasty silver/gray bits that distract from what the X3M might look like in blue.
We have a Phytonic Blue M40i that we love and would look even better with black accents and grill vs the ones you speak of now.

I like the red, but darling wife says it will call too much attention to her and the go pedal
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 08:09 AM   #440
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Anyone have a US Order & Price Guide?
Jason just posted them in a new Sticky at the top of the thread, this morning around 130AM. Already have our's configured!
Appreciate 1
ando2000.50