BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Ride Quality on LCI M-Sport Suspension (226) with 20"

I just test drove a 2016 LCI M-Sport on 19's last night and wow...what a change from my 2013 X3 X-Line! I'm thinking of moving forward with the purchase and opting for the 20" (310M) wheels instead of the 19s. Given that I will not be having VDC (I'm in Canada), it will be a sport suspension (226) running on 20s. I'm wondering how much harsher the ride might be with the lower profile tires compared to the 19s. Does anyone have this set up right now?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
atrueb
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

I don't have 310m but kelleners sport 20" with identical tire format. Here is my opinion.
I did not feel any added harshness in terms of bumpiness with the 20". While I love the looks of 20" staggered over 19" staggered, I decided to go back to my 19" 369m due to 2 reasons: firstly the lower profile of 20" made my car nervous... The car followed every imperfection and grooves on the tarmac, meaning that I needed to hold the steering wheel firmly all the time. Was not relaxing. Secondly the 20" feel "heavier" when accelerating, which is noticeable on my 2l diesel. due to this I decided to stick with the 19" in summer and winter.
I guess it really depends on your preferences. For me today, I prefer relaxed comfort over sporty looks. nevertheless the 310m are stunning wheels!
Appreciate 0