BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Closed Thread

01-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #287
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpmia View Post
Just picked up a 2020 X3 sDrive30i this weekend and learned (despite confirming Apple CarPlay integration, and that BMW is no longer charging for it) that CarPlay isn't full screen?!?! I've read through the thread and understand the process for updating, but could someone please tell me who to buy the patch from? I see several sellers on Ebay - any recommendations?

I'm boggled by this - my VW Atlas had perfect CarPlay integration and I'm starting to regret "trading up" to this car! Thanks.
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 05:11 PM   #288
slick316
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 M40i

I too would like to know how to get full screen CarPlay, it's the only reason I don't utilize it at the moment.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 05:19 PM   #289
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick316 View Post
I too would like to know how to get full screen CarPlay, it's the only reason I don't utilize it at the moment.

Thanks
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 05:55 AM   #290
fricfracfrank
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

What is needed to do this (flash drive, enet, computer)? If the car goes in for service will it be removed?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #291
vbutnariu
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw G01

I also have the NBT evo version S
Can I get fullscreen carplay?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 04:24 PM   #292
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fricfracfrank View Post
What is needed to do this (flash drive, enet, computer)? If the car goes in for service will it be removed?
Older firmware can be done via USB but newer firmware must use ENET Cable. If CarPlay was added, OEM configuration should be restored via Installer prior to service, If just Full Screen Conversion is done, no need to restore prior to service.

PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #293
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbutnariu View Post
I also have the NBT evo version S
Can I get fullscreen carplay?
Yes. PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 11:25 PM   #294
Jebryan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpmia View Post
Just picked up a 2020 X3 sDrive30i this weekend and learned (despite confirming Apple CarPlay integration, and that BMW is no longer charging for it) that CarPlay isn't full screen?!?! I've read through the thread and understand the process for updating, but could someone please tell me who to buy the patch from? I see several sellers on Ebay - any recommendations?

I'm boggled by this - my VW Atlas had perfect CarPlay integration and I'm starting to regret "trading up" to this car! Thanks.
I picked up my 2020 x3 m40i today and it is full screen car play stock from dealership.

Do you have the live cockpit pro? Wondering if it's maybe an iDrive 6 verses 7 thing? Guess I assumed all 2020s would be the same full screen stock setup?
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #295
Bavich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m40i Individual 2022

I want to please. Can you PM me ?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 06:43 PM   #296
Y3MUR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Hello everyone new member here I wish I had joined this forum before but sadly was a bit too late anyway long story but here goes

Few months ago I installed Apple car play to my X3, it was done on a laptop from this guy I found from Instagram full screen Apple car play it was fantastic worked a treat and no issues what so ever.
My car was booked in for a check up on my pdc sensors which was faulty and going off mad got it fixed under warranty anyways I got a phone call from the service team saying they’ve fixed the issue with the pdc and all working fine BUT we have a problem with your I drive software and saying it crashed and wouldn’t start up after updating the software and they said it needed a new head unit which I was quoted £1500 they said this is not covered by the warranty because the software was manipulated by codes and it crashed . They knew exactly what and when it was coded I couldn’t argue and paid for a new head unit. Just wanted to say BMW are aware of all coding that Is done to their cars so please think again if your planing on doing these things. maybe it was me just being unlucky.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 06:52 PM   #297
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3MUR View Post
Hello everyone new member here I wish I had joined this forum before but sadly was a bit too late anyway long story but here goes

Few months ago I installed Apple car play to my X3, it was done on a laptop from this guy I found from Instagram full screen Apple car play it was fantastic worked a treat and no issues what so ever.
My car was booked in for a check up on my pdc sensors which was faulty and going off mad got it fixed under warranty anyways I got a phone call from the service team saying they’ve fixed the issue with the pdc and all working fine BUT we have a problem with your I drive software and saying it crashed and wouldn’t start up after updating the software and they said it needed a new head unit which I was quoted £1500 they said this is not covered by the warranty because the software was manipulated by codes and it crashed . They knew exactly what and when it was coded I couldn’t argue and paid for a new head unit. Just wanted to say BMW are aware of all coding that Is done to their cars so please think again if your planing on doing these things. maybe it was me just being unlucky.
That's unfortunate. This is an issue only for dealer programming, and only for adding CarPlay, not Full Screen Conversion of existing CarPlay. And in case of adding CarPlay, a simple restore of original configuration prior to dealer service, which current CarPlay installer is capable of, will avoid this from happening.

Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00
      02-02-2020, 06:53 PM   #298
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavich View Post
I want to please. Can you PM me ?
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 06:58 PM   #299
Y3MUR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:

My car was booked in for a check up on my pdc sensors which was faulty and going off mad got it fixed under warranty anyways I got a phone call from the service team saying they've fixed the issue with the pdc and all working fine BUT we have a problem with your I drive software and saying it crashed and wouldn't start up after updating the software and they said it needed a new head unit which I was quoted £1500 they said this is not covered by the warranty because the software was manipulated by codes and it crashed . They knew exactly what and when it was coded I couldn't argue and paid for a new head unit. Just wanted to say BMW are aware of all coding that Is done to their cars so please think again if your planing on doing these things. maybe it was me just being unlucky.
That's unfortunate. This is an issue only for dealer programming, and only for adding CarPlay, not Full Screen Conversion of existing CarPlay. And in case of adding CarPlay, a simple restore of original configuration prior to dealer service, which current CarPlay installer is capable of, will avoid this from happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:

My car was booked in for a check up on my pdc sensors which was faulty and going off mad got it fixed under warranty anyways I got a phone call from the service team saying they've fixed the issue with the pdc and all working fine BUT we have a problem with your I drive software and saying it crashed and wouldn't start up after updating the software and they said it needed a new head unit which I was quoted £1500 they said this is not covered by the warranty because the software was manipulated by codes and it crashed . They knew exactly what and when it was coded I couldn't argue and paid for a new head unit. Just wanted to say BMW are aware of all coding that Is done to their cars so please think again if your planing on doing these things. maybe it was me just being unlucky.
Lesson learned thanks for your reply
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 07:08 AM   #300
RMod
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4/MW

Interested in getting this setup. Can you Pm me? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 07:53 AM   #301
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMod View Post
Interested in getting this setup. Can you Pm me? Thanks!
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 08:57 AM   #302
matthew825
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Can I get a PM on how to get full screen?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #303
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew825 View Post
Can I get a PM on how to get full screen?
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 07:32 PM   #304
mxmv
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Full screen carplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorien View Post
Same problem here, any assistance gratefully received.
Hello, I’m new here, but grateful to come across this thread. Can you please PM me the info too? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 08:39 PM   #305
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmv View Post
Hello, I’m new here, but grateful to come across this thread. Can you please PM me the info too? Thanks!
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 03:16 AM   #306
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:

That's unfortunate.

This is the issue and risk with retrofitted carplay. There is the risk of it getting wiped during service or creates a problem like what you have experienced. Hence why I have not gone ahead with ha eing code play Coded eventhough I have bought but not fitted the antenna.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 04:54 AM   #307
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Hi

I'd like details of this as well please.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 06:50 AM   #308
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Hi

I'd like details of this as well please.
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread