BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #1
Eclimax13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Note 20 ultra and bluetooth audio

Just seeing if anyone else is experiencing an issue with audio switching over with the note 20 ultra. Car would always start up where I left off once a connection was reached. Now I can't get it to play even over voice commands. I have to press play in the app and then it'll play.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
Torinalth
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 x3 M40i

Garage List
not with the note, but it depends on the application and if its still open in the background. I use audible for my books, and if its still open (meaning I haven't closed the app, or hit close all) and it hasn't been long enough to time out then yes it'll reconnect and take off where it stopped. IF its timed out though then I gotta redo it all from the beginning. could be the note 20 is taking the timeout period to a shorter duration to same memory as opposed to keeping apps open and fully running for so long.

then again, it could be a bluetooth setting or car setting for the note specifically. poke around and see what you can change. maybe it's in bluetooth setting, maybe in app permisions.
      08-25-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
sbt007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
I almost wish OP's issue will be the behavior with my iPhone once I get the X3. Right now on my F30 it auto-plays the music app as soon as the car starts which drives me crazy. There are people creating blank sound files called 00 and putting it on their iphone so that gets played first and there is no sound. Some people delete their music app. Not quite sure how it works on the newer BMWs.
Appreciate 0