BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
Long Beach Blue X4 M40i
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

2018 X4 Comfort Access

Hi all!

First post here......

I have a 2018 x4 M40i and it has comfort access feature.

My beef is with the auto window down feature by pressing and holding the unlock button on the fob. What's my problem you ask? The inability to put the windows UP using the fob is (one of - there are a few) the stupidest things I've experienced with this vehicle. According to the dealer the only way to put the windows up is to touch the comfort access ridges on the door handle. How is that access comfortable??

Now I've read some blogs/forums/what not and did see somewhere that this can be changed with coding.

Anyone have any insight to this???
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
CrzyChris5
CrzyChris5
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beach Blue X4 M40i View Post
Hi all!

First post here......

I have a 2018 x4 M40i and it has comfort access feature.

My beef is with the auto window down feature by pressing and holding the unlock button on the fob. What's my problem you ask? The inability to put the windows UP using the fob is (one of - there are a few) the stupidest things I've experienced with this vehicle. According to the dealer the only way to put the windows up is to touch the comfort access ridges on the door handle. How is that access comfortable??

Now I've read some blogs/forums/what not and did see somewhere that this can be changed with coding.

Anyone have any insight to this???
You can download Carly for BMW app and get an OBD bluetooth adapter and connect to Carly and you can code it in with the push of few buttons.

It has many many functions. One of those functions is:

Comfort open using remote
• on
• off
Press and hold the unlock button on the remote to open all windows and the sunroof. (codable in CAS)

Comfort close using remote
• on
• off
Press and hold the lock button on the remote to close all windows and the sunroof. (codable in CAS).

I think this is what you are looking for. Here is the site with the functions.

http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge-base/code-bmw-what-is-possible/
Appreciate 1
DBU232.50