BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-29-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
$M2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Any rear axle boot failures out there?

I do have a dealer visit scheduled for next week but, I began my Friday routine by driving my grandkids to school this morning. Upon arriving back to the garage, I decided to sweep out the sand residue from the winter and sticky tires.

Grab the broom and start sweeping. Get about halfway to the door and notice a glob of yellowish/white grease on the floor. Have not got to get under the vehicle yet but I am concerned.

Wondering if anyone has had issues. Currently, have 1,200 miles and took delivery in December. I am running 21's with run flats.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by $M2 View Post
I do have a dealer visit scheduled for next week but, I began my Friday routine by driving my grandkids to school this morning. Upon arriving back to the garage, I decided to sweep out the sand residue from the winter and sticky tires.

Grab the broom and start sweeping. Get about halfway to the door and notice a glob of yellowish/white grease on the floor. Have not got to get under the vehicle yet but I am concerned.

Wondering if anyone has had issues. Currently, have 1,200 miles and took delivery in December. I am running 21's with run flats.
Are you sure the glob was auto part grease, but not a wintry cocktail of road salt/molasses/sand/road grime?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 05:31 PM   #3
$M2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
Are you sure the glob was auto part grease, but not a wintry cocktail of road salt/molasses/sand/road grime?
Quite sure it was grease. Sadly.
Appreciate 0