BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-17-2022, 06:07 AM   #133
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonview View Post
BrockDM... was going to buy a used b9 S4.. and follow the similar path of hybrid TTE710 turbo and get into the 10's.. appears this X3MC is the way, now.

Question. I keep looking at MHD and BM3 and they keep saying make sure you get a production date June 2020 and before so the DME can be unlock.

This is still true? When looking for one. I must make sure that the production date is 2019-June 2020?

Also.. did your's had to be OBD unlock?
Side question, do you live in Dayton?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 08:44 AM   #134
The1EyedPigF97
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC F97

Quote:
BrockDM... was going to buy a used b9 S4.. and follow the similar path of hybrid TTE710 turbo and get into the 10's.. appears this X3MC is the way, now.

Question. I keep looking at MHD and BM3 and they keep saying make sure you get a production date June 2020 and before so the DME can be unlock.

This is still true? When looking for one. I must make sure that the production date is 2019-June 2020?

pre june 2020 is easier to work with, can have a normal bench unlock and full flash.

post june 2020 needs a FEMTO unlock, its only the calibration area that can be flashed. I was told there would be major limitations on power but so far im at 770-780whp and pushing it more on only FEMTO unlock.

so pre june 2020 is easier but if you cant get one pre june 2020 it can still be unlocked and flashed (DME will need to be send to finland for unlock)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 09:15 AM   #135
BrockDM
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

Quote:

Both are great platforms but I'm really enjoying the simplicity of the S58. You don't need to overhaul the entire cars bolt ons and fueling to get into the 10s consistently.

You are correct. Build dates post June 2020 will need to have the ECU sent out to FEMTO to be unlocked which is pretty expensive. Any MY2020 will be flashable via OBD (Just like mine). Anything MY2021 you will need to look into build dates.
      08-17-2022, 12:12 PM   #136
Daytonview
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Side question, do you live in Dayton?
Yes... Dayton, OH
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 07:18 PM   #137
Neophyte
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockDM View Post
Quote:

Both are great platforms but I'm really enjoying the simplicity of the S58. You don't need to overhaul the entire cars bolt ons and fueling to get into the 10s consistently.

You are correct. Build dates post June 2020 will need to have the ECU sent out to FEMTO to be unlocked which is pretty expensive. Any MY2020 will be flashable via OBD (Just like mine). Anything MY2021 you will need to look into build dates.
You can send directly to FEMTO for unlock for €750 + €100 if you want to keep remote engine start + shipping which is around $300 round trip. Then add on $595 for BM3.

Basically around $1750. Not that bad considering a piggyback is around $800, assuming you install it yourself.

Wish I knew this before going with Racechip…
Now I'm undecided if I should just keep waiting it out and add the xhp trans tune or just go full unlock for bigger power.
      08-17-2022, 07:46 PM   #138
Daytonview
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
You can send directly to FEMTO for unlock for €750 + €100 if you want to keep remote engine start + shipping which is around $300 round trip. Then add on $595 for BM3.

Basically around $1750. Not that bad considering a piggyback is around $800, assuming you install it yourself.

Now I'm undecided if I should just keep waiting it out and add the xhp trans tune or just go full unlock for bigger power.
Wait... BM3 is not like MHD or other Audi plug and play like 034 and IE? I must leave the unit plugged in?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 07:48 PM   #139
Neophyte
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Wait... BM3 is not like MHD or other Audi plug and play like 034 and IE? I must leave the unit plugged in?
You just plug for the flash and then it's good. Nothing to leave plugged in.
      08-18-2022, 09:07 AM   #140
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
BM3 is just like 034 and IE. It's the interface/software that we use to unlock, flash and log. BM3 has OTS maps just like 034, IE etc but they also have a built in feature that allows third party tuners to load custom tunes as well. For example I run a custom tune by Paul Johnson but I still flash/log etc via BM3.

You don't need to leave anything plugged in, it's not like a piggy back tuner. Plug in the OBD cable, flash, unplug and your good to go.
      08-19-2022, 03:31 AM   #141
justinalex21
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How can someone go about sending their ECU directly to FEMTO instead of going thru a tuner that is up charging prices?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 07:35 AM   #142
Neophyte
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinalex21 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How can someone go about sending their ECU directly to FEMTO instead of going thru a tuner that is up charging prices?
You direct message them on Instagram. I'm in the process of doing it right now. Will proceed to send after my scheduled dealer oil change service next week.
      08-19-2022, 10:22 AM   #143
The1EyedPigF97
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC F97

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinalex21 View Post
As said in the other comment, message FEMTO on instagram.

They are extremely helpful, responsive and very detailed. Always willing to answer questions no matter what.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 08:58 PM   #144
Daytonview
Rep

Can the regular 2020 X3M.. not the C version.. also be modified to the same HP level or just in general by BootMod3?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 09:16 AM   #145
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Can the regular 2020 X3M.. not the C version.. also be modified to the same HP level or just in general by BootMod3?
Yes. Everything applies to both comp and non comp models
      09-11-2022, 01:10 PM   #146
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Next up on the mod list, iSweep IS1500 Brake Pads

I absolutely cannot stand how much dust the OE brake pads produce. I'm a bit of clean freak so having wheels caked with dust after a week is becoming very annoying. Along side that, my OE pads started squealing like crazy every time I come to a stop so they had to go.

I wanted a low dust pad that didn't sacrifice stopping power given my car makes a good amount of power over stock. There is always a trade off though... Less dust = Less bite/stopping power. More dust = More bite/stopping power. Until now... ha.

r33_RGSport rants and raves about the iSweep offerings so I figured these are the ones to go with. I was torn between IS1500 and IS2000. Since my ultimate goal was less dust and no noise I opted for the IS1500. Now these might not be amazing come January when temps are below freezing but I don't drive all that often and work from home so I'll give them a shot.

Bedding Process:
After the install I bedded them in by doing 8-10 moderately hard stops from 60-20mph, then an additional 5 from 75-20mph. I had a short drive home and then let them sit over night to cool off and bake in.

Initial Impressions:
After driving on them for over a week under all conditions (city stop and go, highway, even a trip to the drag strip), I am thoroughly impressed! The initial bite is very very close to the OE pads. I would say it's slightly more linear on the initial press but they grab incredibly well. I was nervous that there would be a sacrifice in this department but I'm very pleased. I took the car to the track over the weekend and even after hitting 130mph the shut down was a cake walk. They grab incredibly well without the need to put your foot to the floor. I can truly say these do feel very close to the OE pads.

Brake Dust:
Ohhhh the brake dust.. I cant believe how well these pads mitigate dust. Like it's almost nonexistent. Here is a comparison from the stock pads to the IS1500.

Stock pads. 1 week of normal city and highway driving. No hard stopping.

IS1500 pads. 1 week of city and highway driving, 6 drag strip runs and a few Mexico pulls with hard stops. There is more dirt from the road than brake dust

Overall I am incredibly happy with these. They check all the boxes for me and I hope they are manageable in the winter months. I'll report back when temps start dropping!
      09-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #147
Edgar_FriendlyX3M
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M  [10.00]
That's god damn impressive how much less dust there is.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2022, 01:59 PM   #148
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Next up on the mod list, [SIZE="3"]iSweep IS1500 Brake Pads[/SIZE]

I absolutely cannot stand how much dust the OE brake pads produce. I'm a bit of clean freak so having wheels caked with dust after a week is becoming very annoying. Along side that, my OE pads started squealing like crazy every time I come to a stop so they had to go.

I wanted a low dust pad that didn't sacrifice stopping power given my car makes a good amount of power over stock. There is always a trade off though... Less dust = Less bite/stopping power. More dust = More bite/stopping power. Until now... ha.

r33_RGSport rants and raves about the iSweep offerings so I figured these are the ones to go with. I was torn between IS1500 and IS2000. Since my ultimate goal was less dust and no noise I opted for the IS1500. Now these might not be amazing come January when temps are below freezing but I don't drive all that often and work from home so I'll give them a shot.

Bedding Process:
After the install I bedded them in by doing 8-10 moderately hard stops from 60-20mph, then an additional 5 from 75-20mph. I had a short drive home and then let them sit over night to cool off and bake in.

Initial Impressions:
After driving on them for over a week under all conditions (city stop and go, highway, even a trip to the drag strip), I am thoroughly impressed! The initial bite is very very close to the OE pads. I would say it's slightly more linear on the initial press but they grab incredibly well. I was nervous that there would be a sacrifice in this department but I'm very pleased. I took the car to the track over the weekend and even after hitting 130mph the shut down was a cake walk. They grab incredibly well without the need to put your foot to the floor. I can truly say these do feel very close to the OE pads.

Brake Dust:
Ohhhh the brake dust.. I cant believe how well these pads mitigate dust. Like it's almost nonexistent. Here is a comparison from the stock pads to the IS1500.

Stock pads. 1 week of normal city and highway driving. No hard stopping.

IS1500 pads. 1 week of city and highway driving, 6 drag strip runs and a few Mexico pulls with hard stops. There is more dirt from the road than brake dust

Overall I am incredibly happy with these. They check all the boxes for me and I hope they are manageable in the winter months. I'll report back when temps start dropping!
Thank you for the review.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
BrockDM2043.00
      09-12-2022, 05:16 AM   #149
Mscarn2014
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Great review. Bought those pads 2 months ago. Waiting to install them with a mid pipe, and new rims and tires which should be on the way soon (which are also incidentally... also the same as your BC's lol). Love the build bro!
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12966.00
BrockDM2043.00
      09-12-2022, 07:49 AM   #150
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
Great review, was r33 mention them too so I was curious.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12966.00
BrockDM2043.00
      09-12-2022, 09:15 AM   #151
R44 Performance
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Part of the process%E2%80%A6

Quote:
Hello all!

I decided to create a build log / photo log for my X3MC. I did this in the past with my Audi B9 S4 which I took up to 600HP with a hybrid turbo, Brembo BBK and many sets of wheels. I've noticed most build threads on here are of finished products but this one will be progression through the life of the car.

I purchased the car 3 weeks ago with 7k miles on it. It was a BMW corporate car so technically I am the first owner! I plan to update this regularly with photos and modifications done.

To start off, this is the spec

2020 BMW X3M Competition
- Alpine White
- Sakhir Orange Interior

OE Options:
- M Competition Package
- Driving Assistance Plus
- Executive Package
- Front ventilated seats
- Adaptive full LED lights
- Carbon fiber trim
- Panoramic moonroof

Current Mods:
Cosmetic
- 20% Xpel XR Ceramic tint on front windows and 45% windshield
- Evolve Billet Paddle Shifters in Tungsten
- AutoTecknic Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Trim Link to post
- JBSpeed Carbon Fiber Roundels Link to post
- R44 Performance Carbon Mirror Caps Link to post
- Alpine White V Brace Link to post
- Blackline Billet Engine Bay Caps Link to post
- IND Paint Matched Reflectors
- IND Acexxon Rear Reflector Insert

Performance
- Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 Link to post
- F80 Paul Stage 1 E60 Link to post
- RK Tunes Intakes w aFe Filters Link to post
- Active Autowerke Signature Single Midpipe Link to post

Brakes/Suspension
- iSweep IS1500 Pads F&R Link to post
- KW V3 Coilovers Link to post

Wheels/Tires
- (Summer) - BC Forged RZ01, Brushed Dark Black. 21x9.5 et17 & 21x11 et35 with Michelin PS4S 265/40 & 295/35 Link to post
- (Winter) - Coming Soon.
- MRG 82mm Titanium Stud Conversion Link to post

Current Favorite:

Day 1 Photos:

More Day 1 Photos

UPDATED 8/2/22

So I just realized I never shared my BC Forged wheel setup...

I'm currently rocking 21" BC Forged RZ01. They are finished in Brushed Dark Black and are perfectly spec'd for the F97. They are a touch on the aggressive side but with a little natural camber I'm rub free and 95% of road conditions. This setup is perfect for stock height and lowering springs/coilovers.

Fronts:
- 21x9.5 et17 with 265/40/21 Michelin PS4S

Rears:
- 21x11 et35 with 295/35/21 Michelin PS4S

Stunning build, so clean and clinical!
Appreciate 1
BrockDM2043.00
      09-20-2022, 01:11 PM   #152
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

My winter wheels finally showed up after 10 weeks of sitting in customs.

Japan Racing SL01
20x10 et25 squared
FlowFormed and 25lbs/ea

I will be running 275/40/20 Michelin PA4s as well.

Last edited by BrockDM; 09-20-2022 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 4
      09-20-2022, 09:17 PM   #153
Mscarn2014
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Gorgeous winter wheels. Love the matte finish.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 09:02 AM   #154
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mscarn2014 View Post
Gorgeous winter wheels. Love the matte finish.
Thank you! They are on the affordable side as well.