BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-02-2022, 08:10 PM   #45
4DRS65
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Whatever is in the Rogue fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
Beautiful car. Are there any interior pics?
Here’s one…
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Wes335XI107.00
      09-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #46
4DRS65
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpete13 View Post
How is the handling on the KW?
Handling is what I would expect from a M car…but the true test is the wife test (it is her car). If she hated it, I wouldn’t hear the end of it.

The consensus? She doesn’t say anything to me about it!
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2022, 08:24 PM   #47
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS65 View Post
The KW V3s are around $3400 before install. Install rates will vary from shop to shop. The labor on mine was bundled into the PPF install.

I specifically asked them to keep it at the highest setting (still lower than stock). The owner of Detailers Domain also has an Individual X3M Comp and has the same suspension so it was an easy decision for the install. However, he lowered his quite a bit more than we wanted.
Love the color, but mind me asking why you lowered it so quickly, particularly living in NJ? I can't imagine its for the looks or you could have gotten an M3, did you find the handling wasn't adequate?

Personally.. I can't wait for winter, so I can throw on the 20" rubber.. the car is so much more usable, I can speed OVER road imperfections without stressing out.. just so much easier to live with. I love a fast car, that can stop, turn and handle 160km/h high speed turns with confidence, x4 is a perfect size for me, don't want or need an x6, the M fit and finish is obviously much nicer over the base X3/X4 G01/G02 (I have that same gorgeous Tartufo interior on mine with carbon fiber trim, its a nice place to be).. but day to day usability is such a critical factor for me, especially buying a 100k SUV thats my daily drive.. I'm just often left perplexed why people lower an M SUV.. car is literally dialled in by german PHDs wearing white lab coats... I mean, them dudes understand math and suspension dynamics.. and didn't they just announce a M3 wagon? Kinda defeats the purpose to lower an x3 no, if anything lower a x4 and have the dune buggy urban crawler look no?

Anyway, to each his own.. no offence intended, just curious. Some people complain the F97/F98 are too stiff, even wearing 20" rubber, others can't wait to dial it up to 12. As long as it makes you happy for the roads you drive day to day.. god bless.

Last edited by spucktacular; 09-02-2022 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 07:44 AM   #48
4DRS65
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Beautiful! But since you say you don't need the extra space, why not an M3?
We tend to like the higher position of SUV/SAVs. Plus, I cannot get over the front end of the G80. Meanwhile, the F97 looks good from all angles.

Plus, we got this special order vehicle under MSRP. It would seem that all G80 M3s are all sold over MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 07:51 AM   #49
4DRS65
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spucktacular View Post
Love the color, but mind me asking why you lowered it so quickly, particularly living in NJ? I can't imagine its for the looks or you could have gotten an M3, did you find the handling wasn't adequate?

Personally.. I can't wait for winter, so I can throw on the 20" rubber.. the car is so much more usable, I can speed OVER road imperfections without stressing out.. just so much easier to live with. I love a fast car, that can stop, turn and handle 160km/h high speed turns with confidence, x4 is a perfect size for me, don't want or need an x6, the M fit and finish is obviously much nicer over the base X3/X4 G01/G02 (I have that same gorgeous Tartufo interior on mine with carbon fiber trim, its a nice place to be).. but day to day usability is such a critical factor for me, especially buying a 100k SUV thats my daily drive.. I'm just often left perplexed why people lower an M SUV.. car is literally dialled in by german PHDs wearing white lab coats... I mean, them dudes understand math and suspension dynamics.. and didn't they just announce a M3 wagon? Kinda defeats the purpose to lower an x3 no, if anything lower a x4 and have the dune buggy urban crawler look no?

Anyway, to each his own.. no offence intended, just curious. Some people complain the F97/F98 are too stiff, even wearing 20" rubber, others can't wait to dial it up to 12. As long as it makes you happy for the roads you drive day to day.. god bless.
Actually, the KWs have been adjusted to the almost the highest setting…so not nearly as low as it can go, but that was not the intent. The purpose was to improve the “firm ride” engineered into the vehicle. As people noticed, the LCIs were softened a bit but not nearly enough (hence the exodus of previous owners to the Porsche Macans). Otherwise, BMW has a home run on their hands.

I haven’t decided on snows yet as we have much more capable vehicles for the winter if it really starts coming down. Otherwise the F97 can stay warm in the garage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2124.50
      09-06-2022, 06:02 PM   #50
ztay
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3MC

Garage List
2021 Mini GP 3 #940  [0.00]
1976 BMW 2002  [10.00]
2023 X3 M Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS65 View Post
Here’s one…
Is this a 2022 or 2023 year? I'm trying to figure out the seats that are coming with my 2023 Competition where I selected Tartufo Extended Merino but the picture of the seats in the configure tool show a 2 tone black seat with beige stripe down the middle? Any ideas about this when you ordered?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 01:36 PM   #51
smaglik
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3 MT

4DRS65

I'm about to pull the trigger on an M40i, and I'm on the fence between velvet blue and sepia violet. Would you have any pictures of your velvet blue in low light conditions? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!