BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-09-2022, 12:05 PM   #1
BrockDM
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

*Group Buy* - P3 V3 OBD2 Multi Gauge for Pre LCI X3M / X4M / X3M40i / X4M40i

This group buy is officially closed as of 9/7/2023.

9/6/2023 Update!

I have great news!!

The X3/X4 P3 Gauge is complete! See below for the final version. It will fit BOTH Pre-LCI and LCI models. This will be utilized in the vent to the left of the steering wheel, closest to the window. At this time, the purchase is for the screen only. You will need to utilize your OEM vent or purchase one elsewhere. They are not offering the entire kit at the moment.

I am hoping to get one of the first units in soon so I can fit it and provide more photos. They did publish a guide that can be found attached. Attachment 3271003

This group buy is a one time deal and your only chance to receive a discount on this!! If we can get 30+ people in on this it's $97 off of the gauge which is unheard of! I promise you wont find one cheaper than this.

Please ONLY reply to this post if you are ready to buy. I'm working on getting a link setup on P3's website as we speak to purchase through.

----------------------------------
Hello everyone!

If you aren't familiar with P3 Gauges they make custom fitted screens that fit into the OE vents of many makes and models. I have ran their product in my Audi S4 and it's an awesome piece of kit. They transmit data from the OBD and display various readouts and functions while maintaining an OEM+ look inside the cabin. I will list the features below.

I have reached out to Jake @ P3 and he said if I can get 20 people on board to pre-pay then he can get a batch made for us at a 20% discount and potentially stock these units for future customers.

What you will receive:
- One LCD screen custom made to fit into the OE vent. DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE VENT. This keeps costs low since installing into the existing vent is fairly straight forward.
- All standard connections, control box and OBD connector.
- 20% discount for the first 20 members. Retail is $389. $312 for the group.

Terms and Conditions:
- This group buy will be held through me directly so all payments will go to me first. I will then act as the "dealer" to place the batch order with P3. They advised we do it this way since they are a fairly small shop and don't want to track everyone down individually.
- The manufacturing process will take roughly 6 weeks from the day all 20 orders are locked in.
- If we do not reach 20 members, they will consider whatever number we get but the 20% discount will not apply.
- I will take payment once the entire list is filled. Please be honest if you want to purchase. (updated)
- Once your payment is sent to me, your position is locked in. No cancellations or refunds.
- If we do not meet the desired number for them to produce, I will refund all payments in full.
- I am not affiliated with P3 in any way. I am merely acting as the middle man to bring a cool product to market.

List of typical but not confirmed features based on other current gen BMW models per P3's website:
P3 V3 Gauge Features
  • Plug and Play Install - plugs directly into your OBD2 port (want to keep your OBD2 port open? hard-wire harness kit also available)
  • OEM Integration - installs in your vent for a sleek install while retaining air flow
  • Versatility - read boost from multiple OEM sensors through OBD2 port or using optional P3 analog boost sensor
  • Code Reading/Clearing - read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) on the fly

P3 V3 Gauge Readouts (all readouts can be individually configured to read in either Imperial or Metric units)
  • Boost (through OBD2 port using OEM sensors or with P3 analog boost sensor)
  • Coolant temperature
  • Air/Fuel ratio (can be read in AFR or Lambda)
  • Vehicle speed (can be calibrated in 1% increments from -9% to +20%)
  • Intake air temperature
  • Throttle angle
  • Ignition timing
  • Engine RPM
  • Exhaust gas temperature
  • Battery voltage
  • Programmable shift light
  • Analog input 1 (brown wire) can allow gauge to read any 0-5 volt linear output sensor
  • Analog input 2 (blue wire) can allow gauge to read any 0-5 volt linear output sensor
  • Acceleration timers (0-60mph/0-100mph/60-130mph)
  • Braking timers (60-0mph/100-0mph)

Your vehicle vent MUST MATCH to the image below. LCI Models are NOT confirmed to fit. Please see below for the list of compatible models.

Fits:
  • 2020-2021 F97 X3M, X3MC Pre LCI
  • 2020-2021 F98 X4M, X4MC Pre LCI
  • 2018-2021 G01 X3 M40i
  • 2019-2021 G02 X4 M40i
Left Hand Drive Vehicles Only!!

I have photoshopped an UNOFFICIAL image so you can get the idea of what to expect. You will still retain functionality of the air vent. The exact position in side the vent is not yet confirmed but likely along these lines based on other products in their BMW line up.

Unconfirmed shape of the LCD screen. (For reference only)

You can check out their products here and find the list of functions, add-ons and more info regarding their manufacturing and reasonings.
https://www.p3cars.com/bmw/

Last edited by BrockDM; 09-08-2023 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 12:06 PM   #2
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Reservation List as of: 07/25/2023

1. Brock Mitchell
2. Charles Galland (FB)
3. Ruben Rodriguez (IG)
4. Sebastian Aycinena (IG)
5. Valentin Cardenas (IG)
6. Luis Lebron (IG)
7. Augustine Au (FB)
8. thephenomgg (BP) pending design
9. lakerzfan_24 (BP)
10. MeanX3 (BP)
11. js_orifici (BP)
12. Cyryl Trampka (FB)
13. Virdozerin (BP)
14. abbike18 (BP)
15. Down_Shift (BP)
16. BMWM2CLBB
17. NarcanNinja (BP)
18. bcwalks2 (BP)
19. x3jr (BP)
20. earlgsxbusa (BP)
21. Swampman (BP)
22. TruittKeeler (BP)
23. mlouro85 (BP)
24. yojimbo LCI (BP)
25. ChrisM40 (BP)
26. Losxc451 (BP)

Last edited by BrockDM; 07-26-2023 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 04:57 PM   #3
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Any idea when the position of the screen may be confirmed? If it's as photoshopped I'm interested, but from looking at their website, it looks like they are opting to place the newer style gauges at the top of the vent. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but this is cool and ty for organizing the GB. I've done one recently for Integral Audio (hopefully they will have a G01/F97 solution soon too), so I certainly appreciate the amount of effort organizing something like this takes.
Appreciate 1
BrockDM2036.00
      08-09-2022, 05:06 PM   #4
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
Any idea when the position of the screen may be confirmed? If it's as photoshopped I'm interested, but from looking at their website, it looks like they are opting to place the newer style gauges at the top of the vent. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but this is cool and ty for organizing the GB. I've done one recently for Integral Audio (hopefully they will have a G01/F97 solution soon too), so I certainly appreciate the amount of effort organizing something like this takes.
I reached out to Jake with my photoshop idea and will report back with an answer!
      08-09-2022, 06:15 PM   #5
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Heard back from Jake. This was his response:

"As soon as I get a vent in my hands I will know for sure.

If there's room in the top of the vent we may go there as the higher you get the more visibility you have past your hand on the wheel.

But… if the vent gets too laid back to horizontal towards the top that would increase glare and would be more skewed in stead of displaying directly toward the driver.

I'll have a vent in a couple days hopefully snd we'll know for sure but feel free to show that as an example of what it could be.

Let me know if you need anything else, thanks!"

So in short, we will get a confirmed fitment in a couple days. In the meantime here is a teaser of what it would look like in the top portion of the vent.
Attached Images

08-10-2022, 08:54 AM   #6
thephenomgg
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Competition

I'm in for this once we get a better idea of the design.
Appreciate 1
BrockDM2036.00
      08-15-2022, 09:04 AM   #7
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Bumping this! I'm still awaiting design confirmation but we are nearly halfway there.
      08-23-2022, 02:39 PM   #8
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Ok a few updates.

Jake has an OE vent on order. He is currently waiting for them to be delivered. I told him the majority of people would like the LCD to be mounted in the lower section of the vent so he will try to accommodate that if possible.

- Oil temps may be able to be displayed. They had this feature on the F series and as long as the PID is the same they can add it for us as well. We will confirm once he has a definitive answer but it's possible.

- LED Color: The main readout will be white LEDs and the RPM bar will consist of red LEDS. This is to align with the gauge cluster since the needles and virtual needles are all red.

LCI Owners: He believes that they may be able to utilize the same screen in both Pre LCI and LCI models so as soon as I get his confirmation this may be opened to you all too. I will report back as soon as I hear updates.

Last edited by BrockDM; 08-23-2022 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 11:36 AM   #9
prozack8684
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockDM View Post
Ok a few updates.

Jake has an OE vent on order. He is currently waiting for them to be delivered. I told him the majority of people would like the LCD to be mounted in the lower section of the vent so he will try to accommodate that if possible.

- Oil temps may be able to be displayed. They had this feature on the F series and as long as the PID is the same they can add it for us as well. We will confirm once he has a definitive answer but it's possible.

- LED Color: The main readout will be white LEDs and the RPM bar will consist of red LEDS. This is to align with the gauge cluster since the needles and virtual needles are all red.

LCI Owners: He believes that they may be able to utilize the same screen in both Pre LCI and LCI models so as soon as I get his confirmation this may be opened to you all too. I will report back as soon as I hear updates.
Yes please keep us in the loop as I have an LCI and am very interested!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 04:38 PM   #10
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

I followed up with Jake today regarding progress. I have not heard back but I am guessing they are in the development phase based on our previous convos.

Will have updates soon!
      10-19-2022, 08:30 PM   #11
dunny
BMW/Mopar Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

This company and their gauges are top notch. Been running one in my 135i for a long time with no issues. I may be in….will think it over.
'20 X3M / '09 135i M-Sport / '91 318i
Appreciate 1
BrockDM2036.00
      10-20-2022, 10:30 AM   #12
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Update

Per Jake:
"We have the bracket and glass models complete and I just need to get the parts in.

Our aluminium brackets are ordered in bulk depending on when enough models need replenished and we should be placing that order soon.

Glass will be quick and easy to get once we have the brackets in. Sorry for the long time on this, some of these smaller parts are hard to get quickly when you have to order them along with other models.

I've had both vents or order since we first talked and the LCI still hasn't shown up...

I'm pretty confident they'll fit the same though, just looks like a color difference."

Making progress!
      11-11-2022, 08:06 AM   #13
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

BrockDM - Question for you, will this company sell blanks which fit in the vent area as this gauge does?

Reason I ask is this would be the perfect solution for my sub amp attenuator knob.

Others people may have other custom switches they want to add so may be a market for it?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 08:49 AM   #14
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
BrockDM - Question for you, will this company sell blanks which fit in the vent area as this gauge does?

Reason I ask is this would be the perfect solution for my sub amp attenuator knob.

Others people may have other custom switches they want to add so may be a market for it?
That should be feasible with the vent that is in the car already. They don't change anything in the OE vent. The way it works is they design the screen to have tiny brackets that fits into the arms that control each slat in the vent. To install the screen you simply remove one or two of those slats so for your case you could remove the slats and design a bracket that holds your knob.
      11-11-2022, 11:43 AM   #15
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
That should be feasible with the vent that is in the car already. They don't change anything in the OE vent. The way it works is they design the screen to have tiny brackets that fits into the arms that control each slat in the vent. To install the screen you simply remove one or two of those slats so for your case you could remove the slats and design a bracket that holds your knob.
Thanks - not sure I could make something out of plastic and wood would look strange lol.

If they happen to have any blanks for sale please let me know!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 08:03 AM   #16
thephenomgg
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Competition

Any updates on this?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 07:53 PM   #17
08focus1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Following. I would be interested in one.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 08:05 AM   #18
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenomgg View Post
Any updates on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08focus1 View Post
Following. I would be interested in one.
I just followed up with Jake today. Will report back!
      01-11-2023, 08:52 AM   #19
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

I heard back from P3 today. It seems development is going slower than intended but we are still in the queue. See the response below

"Sorry for the delay! We haven't forgotten about you! We have been extremely busy for the last couple of months and haven't had any spare time to work on development for the X3M or the several other development projects we have going on.

We are just two guys running daily operations and doing display development so when we get busy unfortunately development gets put on the back burner.

The good news is that we are getting into our slower season and should have some time to finish up the development on the X3M Gauge in the next month or two.

Thanks for being patient. We will update you as soon as we make some more progress."
      03-23-2023, 11:24 AM   #20
justinalex21
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M

Quote:
I heard back from P3 today. It seems development is going slower than intended but we are still in the queue. See the response below

"Sorry for the delay! We haven't forgotten about you! We have been extremely busy for the last couple of months and haven't had any spare time to work on development for the X3M or the several other development projects we have going on.

We are just two guys running daily operations and doing display development so when we get busy unfortunately development gets put on the back burner.

The good news is that we are getting into our slower season and should have some time to finish up the development on the X3M Gauge in the next month or two.

Thanks for being patient. We will update you as soon as we make some more progress."
Hey Brock, how are we looking?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2023, 04:50 PM   #21
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Thanks for all the interest guys! I'm going to follow up with P3 again. I haven't heard any further updates so I think we got put on the back burner. I'll be sure to emphasize the amount of interest for this product and hopefully push them to get going.
      07-25-2023, 08:04 PM   #22
Losxc451
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M

I’d be interested as well. Had a P3 on my RS3 and loved it.
Appreciate 1
BrockDM2036.00