BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-20-2021, 05:00 AM   #1
boditza
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 and X5

New to BMW.. need retrofits :)

Hi everyone,
I recently switched to BMW from Audi and I want to start the retrofits on my wife's f26.
Curently it has the low version of instrument cluster, with display only on the right side and i want to change it at least to the 6WA version where the lower part is full display. Problem is that being new i couldn't make it work, maybe i have a wrong part or just can't find a proper technician to solve the coding.

Basically i got an F10 cluster, local tech guy soldered a chip on it, or removed a chip, not sure exactly but it was in order for the cluster to take the mileage of my car and not the donor, he said he made it a virgin cluster.

This is where things got interesting.. as when i installed it, rearranged the pins and fiber optics, things seemed to work except for the fact that i couldn't activate the pedestrian assistant and lane assist anymore. Tech guy said its because the cluster from F10 is not compatible but i want to hear a second opinion as he did not even try to code it (not even sure if its possible but can't hurt asking), he immediately said the cluster is not good for my car.

I attached the numbers on the back of the F10 cluster, maybe someone knows if this is good or at least give me some indication of what i should buy. Online i can't trust sellers as they say it works from F01 till F999 but my gut tells me there are some HW/SW differences between them so any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 01:59 AM   #2
xfiles21
Rep
Drives: X3 XDRIVE20D

Tenk you
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
bothamichael
Rep
Drives: BMW x4 30d xDrive

i also want to know what retrofits i can do to my F26 30d
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 01:41 PM   #4
andredja
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 330i MY09, F26 30d

Auxiliary heater 30d F26

Does anyone have instructions and schemas for retrofitment?
Appreciate 0