BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-01-2022, 06:26 AM   #1
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Initial thoughts on iX3 M Sport Pro

I collected my MSP a few days ago so I thought I'd share some of my initial thoughts.

Handover experience
I collected my car from Sytner Solihull and the staff have been very good on the whole. Throughout the ordering process (via a work scheme through a leasing company), they have been great in replying to any email queries I had. On the day of collection, we agreed on a time of 10:30am so got there with 5 minutes to spare. After about 10 minutes we were told that the car is just being prepped - there was a delay in doing this due to confusion between staff. The wait continued and I was eventually handed the keys at 11:30am.

Exterior condition
It's well known that the condition of the finish is not great with many people complaining of swirl marks when taking delivery. My experience is slightly different in that because of the aforementioned delay, my car was hastily washed so not only were there general marks, some of the adhesive from the protective film that us applied for transportation was still on the car. Credit where credit is due, the dealer said that the valet is not up to their usual standard even before I mentioned anything and offered to cover the cost of a professional valet of my choosing to get the car "showroom ready".

Interior
Not as bad a state as the exterior but still room for improvement. When I arrange to get it professionally cleaned this will be sorted. One criticism and it's a personal thing but I find the seat slightly too firm. I probably need to adjust the seating position but on a 45 minute motorway drive, my back was hurting at the end of it. I suspect the seat/leather will soften with use.

Performance
Coming from a 435i, and even though I'd had a test drive in a Premier Edition, I was slightly concerned that I'd miss the performance afforded by the 3.0 straight six but I needn't have worried. The instant torque available is plenty enough for nearly all situations. I've done over 200 miles over the couple of days I've had the car, covering town, country and motorway driving and at no point have I needed more performance. Also, the car is so smooth to drive and the suspension so good that it's a joy to drive.

Economy
Over those 200 or so miles I've averaged about 3.5 miles/kWh without even trying so I'm very pleased with this. I haven't played around with all the assisted drive settings but I found I was getting a better average with the limiter on and me being in control of the acceleration rather than the adaptive cruise control.

Overall
I'm extremely pleased with my choice.
The standard fit options are superb; I can't think of anything else I'd have fitted as an option.
The economy is great so far, although I appreciate it's summer and it will obviously be worse as the weather deteriorates later in the year.

Let me know if there's anything specific you want to know and I'll do my best to answer your questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      08-01-2022, 07:40 AM   #2
SneakySimon13
Rep
Drives: IX3 Pro

Thanks, I am (still!) waiting for mine, should arrive end Sept - same model but in black.

I have not test driven the car, but whats acceleration like 0-30 - and which home charger have you gone with? seems to be a million options!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 07:49 AM   #3
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySimon13 View Post
Thanks, I am (still!) waiting for mine, should arrive end Sept - same model but in black.

I have not test driven the car, but whats acceleration like 0-30 - and which home charger have you gone with? seems to be a million options!
It'll be worth the wait! I haven't timed the 0-30 but it feels fast off the line at a traffic light. It's a different kind of performance compared to an ICE car, obviously the acceleration is much more immediate. One thing I forgot to mention in my original post was the "in gear" acceleration - it feels like you could be going any speed and a prod of the accelerator results in the car picking up pace brilliantly.

As for home charger, it was included as part of the work scheme so the only choice was an EO Mini Pro 2 (untethered). It's nice and compact, and although the app is nothing to write home about, it does the job perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 07:55 AM   #4
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

Congratulations on your new car, it's a shame it wasn't presented to you in the best possible manner as you only get one chance to make a first impression.
Agree with you totally on the drivers seat. I am 3 weeks in and hoping this is the week where I and the seat start to gel with each other and that I don't end every day with a bad back as I have every day so far.
Again, I'm with you as far as the speed limiter is concerned. I switch automatic cruise control on once, then switched it back off within 2 minutes, and now drive everywhere with speed limiter.
Appreciate 1
rs13925.00
      08-01-2022, 12:30 PM   #5
MATR
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30e

Is it oyster interior? Would love to see pics of that.

Congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 01:59 PM   #6
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3

Thanks for sharing and congrats.

Car looks great in Grey, making me regret for going with CB!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 03:25 PM   #7
MM087
Rep
Drives: Land Rover Discovery

Looks identical to mine, its arrived at the UK port on the 28th so now holding out until 1/9 to collect.
Can you share some interior pictures
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:48 AM   #8
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks to EVFan MATR Mogwai888 MM087

Here are some photos of the interior. The oyster definitely brightens up the cabin as does the panoramic roof. The tricky bit will be keeping it clean with a 3 year old on board!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-02-2022, 04:19 AM   #9
MM087
Rep
Drives: Land Rover Discovery

Looks on-point, I havent seen one in person with this colour combo. I have a 3yr Old and 9 Month old so like you keeping it clean should be fun.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 05:18 AM   #10
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Aw man I’m getting really impatient now! I’ve gone for carbon black with the oyster interior, your photos have me really looking forward to getting it. Your car looks great.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 08:16 AM   #11
Gnillab
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G08

Really happy with my choice of interior trim, now. The Rhombicle looks on point!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 05:52 AM   #12
KDT123
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Finally picked mine up yesterday!

It went via dealer to my company car lease company (Rivus in Enfield). They had the car Friday at the dealer, interior was spotless but a few swirls and water marks on the outside, could have done a better job on the valet if I was being picky. Also only charged to about 75%, no big deal - never expect full tanks these days!

I think the only downside I have found so far is HK sound system is a bit underwhelming on the bass. I came from a G20 330i, I think they are roughly the same system but just felt better in the G20?

Sound system aside I have only driven about 25 odd miles and its such a nice drive, I have already got used to the 1 pedal driving, and now instead of rushing everywhere I go I think I will be focussed on getting the best economy numbers, which no doubt will be safer for my licence! Not yet found the seats too hard, but a trip up the M1 this weekend to the midlands will be telling.

All I can say so far is it has been well worth the wait! driving assistant is fantastic too
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 02:49 AM   #13
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

Congratulations with your new car.

I share your comments about the seats, and actually found the seats in the "non-Pro" much, much better for the way I´m shaped. So ended up ordering a "non-Pro" for partly that reason. The other reason was, that the price difference between Pro and "non-Pro" are approx. £11400 in Denmark, and the small amount of kit you gain in the Pro isn´t worth that much to me.
      08-12-2022, 10:03 AM   #14
fulgeru
Romania
Rep
Drives: iX3

Which kind of one-pedal driving do you prefer?

I have some blend of info, and I am most likely confused about the B-more driving with settings VS D-mode driving with settings; and when I say settings, I mean how aggressive the regeneration is set.

Which are the levels? High, medium, low AND adaptive? Only under the adaptive mode does it recognize the junctions and the traffic ahead and automatically apply the brake/regeneration?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 04:07 PM   #15
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT123 View Post
Finally picked mine up yesterday!

It went via dealer to my company car lease company (Rivus in Enfield). They had the car Friday at the dealer, interior was spotless but a few swirls and water marks on the outside, could have done a better job on the valet if I was being picky. Also only charged to about 75%, no big deal - never expect full tanks these days!

I think the only downside I have found so far is HK sound system is a bit underwhelming on the bass. I came from a G20 330i, I think they are roughly the same system but just felt better in the G20?

Sound system aside I have only driven about 25 odd miles and its such a nice drive, I have already got used to the 1 pedal driving, and now instead of rushing everywhere I go I think I will be focussed on getting the best economy numbers, which no doubt will be safer for my licence! Not yet found the seats too hard, but a trip up the M1 this weekend to the midlands will be telling.

All I can say so far is it has been well worth the wait! driving assistant is fantastic too
Congratulations!

I agree with the HK system; I had an F32 435i with HK and the sound in that was so much better than my MSP. There are a couple of threads on here about sound settings and upgrades which are worth checking out.

The majority of my journeys are in town so I've been using B mode 90%+ of the time and it's so easy to get used to. I drove my wife's manual Mini Cooper at the weekend and kept forgetting that merely letting go of the accelerator won't bring the car to a swift halt!

I did as 25 mile journey last night in B mode along mostly country roads and averaged 4.5 miles/kWh which I was very impressed with.
Appreciate 0