BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
voipwizard
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3

Trailer Tales

Hi guys:
Long story short, I've installed the BMW Trailer kit from ECSTUNING (that is originally made by Thule for BMW)
Well I understand that I need a way to program the trailer kit into the car and a lot of my past efforts and contact with the Forum have been related to redo the ISTA+/ISTA-P on a new computer. I am writing this on a Surface4, that seems to be running just fine.
So here are the questions for the wise ones:
1. With the trailer or a Test dongle connected to the 4 wire connector I see only the right blinker to be operational. All the other lights are dark. (have not tested the 7-connector yet)
2. The OBC throws an error (missing voltage on Terminal 30F_B). For what I can tell the 2 power sources going to the trailer module (cables that connect to the back of the rear fuse box) both have power (measuring 0 without the fuse and 13.2V with the fuse, measured from the back) and the question is for the computer to see the trailer kit has to be coded first?

If anybody can shed some light I'll appreciate it.
Thanks!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
subscribing
Appreciate 0