BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-24-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8

BMW Bridgewater

Not sure if anyone has worked with bmw bridgewater, but I'd stay away.

I went a few years back and had a very rude salesman. I figured why not reach out to get a lease quote, hoping for a better experience 3 years later. An internet manager (whatever that is) wrote back he was insulted with my 11% offer on a 21' build X4m and gave me a lecture about how supply and demand works, how these cars are so high demand and I should come back with a better offer. I work on wall street but thanks.

Anyways, never had that experience, curious as to others?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
GmanJeff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2016 X5

In my experience a dealership which doesn't want to work with you will just not reply to your proposal, or will simply say they cannot/will not meet the price you're looking for, or will make a counteroffer you're free to accept or decline. Being argumentative and denigrating the potential customer wouldn't seem to be a productive sales technique and is probably relatively rare for that reason.

I asked 13 dealerships for their best prices, and got one which stood out from all the others. Cast your net widely; there's no reason to expend effort on a single salesperson who seems more interested in browbeating you than in trying to come to a mutually acceptable price.

FWIW, 11% before incentives will be difficult but not necessarily impossible if you find the right salesperson at the right dealership. You may or may not be able to do that because salespeople cut different deals at different times based on factors which are invisible to the customer, like sales quotas, special internal promotions, available production slots, whether they think they'll be able to profit from you through financing or add-on product sales like wheel and tire insurance, etc. A deal one day may not be possible the next day, and vice-versa or be possible through one salesperson at a given dealership but not from a different salesperson at the same location.

Last edited by GmanJeff; 10-24-2020 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #3
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

I've tried working with them for 5 different cars now. Every time I don't get very far. Their pricing is just ridiculous. They won't even come close to other local NJ dealerships on price. It's a shame as one of the CAs I know for almost 20 years now but he just can't get his management to deal.

I have had good experience with their service department though.

However, 11% off (plus incentives I assume) on a '21 is pushing pretty hard right off the bat. I would expect most dealerships to politely turn you down.

However, I would try reaching out to Freehold BMW in Freehold NJ. From my experience, they are the most aggressive dealership in NJ. If you contact them with your exact build and show that you are serious, they usually get you a good price with very little back-and-forth.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #4
calbear550
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5, 2020 X4MC (retired)

Yeah, some things never change. Pretty much the same here in Southern California. For some reason those types still sell a lot of cars, mostly to affluent folks that don't really "shop" around. I'm looking for a car now, and I can already tell before even calling who will be competitive and those that will give the whole spiel about inventory crunch, high demand, everything is selling for MSRP, which isn't the case as I'm getting huge discounts 25-50 miles away.

But when I got my X4MC, SoCal dealers were not budging from MSRP. Many said they would sit on them through winter and spring if they had to. I ultimately got mine for 15% off, including the current incentives/rebates, but from Maryland. I shopped all the East coast and they ALL had better deals. Ownings Mill, Newport in RI, and Open Road in NJ all had very comparable deals.

Check out leasehakr. Seems like most brokers all are starting at 10% with their deals.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
calbear550
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5, 2020 X4MC (retired)

If you have all your ducks in a row, know what you want, and are realistic, try and bypass the client advisor and contact a manager. You're going to end up dealing with them at some point anyways. I've also realized a lot of floor level client advisors don't know what deals are out there and if you propose something they think is crazy, will never make it on the desk of the person that would actually take it.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7834.00
      10-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #6
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmanJeff View Post
In my experience a dealership which doesn't want to work with you will just not reply to your proposal, or will simply say they cannot/will not meet the price you're looking for, or will make a counteroffer you're free to accept or decline. Being argumentative and denigrating the potential customer wouldn't seem to be a productive sales technique and is probably relatively rare for that reason.

I asked 13 dealerships for their best prices, and got one which stood out from all the others. Cast your net widely; there's no reason to expend effort on a single salesperson who seems more interested in browbeating you than in trying to come to a mutually acceptable price.

FWIW, 11% before incentives will be difficult but not necessarily impossible if you find the right salesperson at the right dealership. You may or may not be able to do that because salespeople cut different deals at different times based on factors which are invisible to the customer, like sales quotas, special internal promotions, available production slots, whether they think they'll be able to profit from you through financing or add-on product sales like wheel and tire insurance, etc. A deal one day may not be possible the next day, and vice-versa or be possible through one salesperson at a given dealership but not from a different salesperson at the same location.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. Agreed I have emailed quite a few dealers for an X4m order and it's like pulling teeth for some reason.

I have never had any dealer speak to me like that, and I'm always extremely friendly to everyone.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear550 View Post
Yeah, some things never change. Pretty much the same here in Southern California. For some reason those types still sell a lot of cars, mostly to affluent folks that don't really "shop" around. I'm looking for a car now, and I can already tell before even calling who will be competitive and those that will give the whole spiel about inventory crunch, high demand, everything is selling for MSRP, which isn't the case as I'm getting huge discounts 25-50 miles away.

But when I got my X4MC, SoCal dealers were not budging from MSRP. Many said they would sit on them through winter and spring if they had to. I ultimately got mine for 15% off, including the current incentives/rebates, but from Maryland. I shopped all the East coast and they ALL had better deals. Ownings Mill, Newport in RI, and Open Road in NJ all had very comparable deals.

Check out leasehakr. Seems like most brokers all are starting at 10% with their deals.
I really hate the dealership game, I just don't understand why they need to be so hard to work with. And here I am inviting the pain by switching cars lol.

Thank you, Im glad im not the only one struggling. Will reach out to the dealers you mentioned. Surprisingly my family bought 10 bmws from open road and now that my salesman left I was left to a new person. He ran M4 numbers for me and said yea 0% discount take it or leave it
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #8
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
If you have all your ducks in a row, know what you want, and are realistic, try and bypass the client advisor and contact a manager. You're going to end up dealing with them at some point anyways. I've also realized a lot of floor level client advisors don't know what deals are out there and if you propose something they think is crazy, will never make it on the desk of the person that would actually take it.
Very good point thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:52 PM   #9
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Phytonic Blue X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Tazmanian View Post
Quote:

I really hate the dealership game, I just don't understand why they need to be so hard to work with. And here I am inviting the pain by switching cars lol.

Thank you, Im glad im not the only one struggling. Will reach out to the dealers you mentioned. Surprisingly my family bought 10 bmws from open road and now that my salesman left I was left to a new person. He ran M4 numbers for me and said yea 0% discount take it or leave it
Your not on your own. I am a car nut and change every 2 to 3 years.

Last four (in 9 years) BMW's from the same dealer never had a problem getting a good deal.

Contacted them about getting out of my X3MC (still under a year old)

Tried to get what I thought was a fair deal on a 5 Touring and he just came back with ridiculous figures from what I could tell there was no discount at all, then tried having me over on the the X3's PX value.

In the end I got a rude email saying he's not going to sell a car at a loss. When I did the figures he quoted me with what they'll get for my X3 there was about 12k profit in the deal.

I guess some dealers just don't want to sell cars at the minute.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #10
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo535 View Post
Your not on your own. I am a car nut and change every 2 to 3 years.

Last four (in 9 years) BMW's from the same dealer never had a problem getting a good deal.

Contacted them about getting out of my X3MC (still under a year old)

Tried to get what I thought was a fair deal on a 5 Touring and he just came back with ridiculous figures from what I could tell there was no discount at all, then tried having me over on the the X3's PX value.

In the end I got a rude email saying he's not going to sell a car at a loss. When I did the figures he quoted me with what they'll get for my X3 there was about 12k profit in the deal.

I guess some dealers just don't want to sell cars at the minute.
Ah you and I are very alike, I made some dumb moves in 6 months time as well lol!

That is extremely frustrating. My situation was that the salesman left, so I can kind of understand that.

This is where I am in disbelief. There are 100's of dealers and shipping is so easy, why even be rude to a customer. Now they have someone like me who is posting this, giving them bad publicity and leaving google reviews.

I feel petty, but might as well let you gys know to stay away also.
Appreciate 1
aw3051441.50
      10-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #11
NJBMWSpecial
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 M5C

Have had many years of great experience at BMW of Newton. I find them consistently to have best prices plus excellent service as compared to their NJ competitors. Ask for Heather...she will do right by you.
      10-24-2020, 06:48 PM   #12
Kingpin4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i/2019 M2C

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 07:25 PM   #13
itsmabs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TT RS, A6 allroad

Fwiw I got a pretty good deal at park ave bmw, bought two cars from the same guy there over the years. Back and forth yes, but tons of respect and has always wanted to help me get the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 08:28 AM   #14
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmabs View Post
Fwiw I got a pretty good deal at park ave bmw, bought two cars from the same guy there over the years. Back and forth yes, but tons of respect and has always wanted to help me get the car.
Thank you, will reach out to them. I think my buddy got his x3 from them, can't rmb.
Appreciate 0