BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-10-2023, 11:28 AM   #859
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Usually once settled, it will lower about 1/8" to 1/4".
r33_RGSport Ben, how do you set them at stock height?

Using this thread as reference

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1791099

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attac...7&d=1610583190 And using this picture as reference for setup, what do I set the calipers to front and back?

Another stupid question. You mentioned when set at stock height, they settle 1/4" inch. Can you go 1/4" higher than stock so that they settle at stock height?

Thank you!

Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12914.00
      12-10-2023, 07:23 PM   #860
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosRule! View Post
r33_RGSport Ben, how do you set them at stock height?

Using this thread as reference

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1791099

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attac...7&d=1610583190 And using this picture as reference for setup, what do I set the calipers to front and back?

Another stupid question. You mentioned when set at stock height, they settle 1/4" inch. Can you go 1/4" higher than stock so that they settle at stock height?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I don't recommend to go higher setup that what I did.
You will be running out of adjustment thread.

Adjustment wise, it is depending on which kit that you have.
Go ahead email me pictures on the kit that you have and I'll see if I can give you some information.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2023, 07:56 AM   #861
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Unfortunately, I don't recommend to go higher setup that what I did.
You will be running out of adjustment thread.

Adjustment wise, it is depending on which kit that you have.
Go ahead email me pictures on the kit that you have and I'll see if I can give you some information.

Thanks, emailing pictures.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12914.00
      12-13-2023, 12:17 PM   #862
Thtshowiroll47
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Competition

I’m considering purchasing a used MSS system for my X3MC. Should I get the dinan bump stops to use with the MSS?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 01:07 PM   #863
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtshowiroll47 View Post
I’m considering purchasing a used MSS system for my X3MC. Should I get the dinan bump stops to use with the MSS?

I'd say no, the MSS kit comes with the rear bumpstops and you reuse your existing rear stops in the front pair of springs. i would think if they're damaged or something then replace them with the same ones.

But i'll let Ben chime in, he's the expert.
Appreciate 2
      12-13-2023, 06:57 PM   #864
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosRule! View Post
I'd say no, the MSS kit comes with the rear bumpstops and you reuse your existing rear stops in the front pair of springs. i would think if they're damaged or something then replace them with the same ones.

But i'll let Ben chime in, he's the expert.
You got that right.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
      12-15-2023, 01:39 PM   #865
RLPras
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp (F97), 911 997.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkhomich View Post
Hi guys,

I just installed MSS Kit on the 2020 X4MC and ran a couple of hundreds mile.

The current installation is something about 20mm front and rear and now I understand it is not so right. With 225-3 springs on the front, I should have at least 15mm rake and this is something I want to fix tomorrow at the shop I've installed the kit.

So far I feel a great improvement in comfort on a road, going better each next day.
But I noticed also a really annoying thing - the bump stop or other sort of kick is happening when I'm driving 25mph faster on some sharp speed bump or when some top asphalt layer connects the lower layer not too smoothly (the usual thing in my city at the moment). Such sort of sound I never experience on any car before, including X4M stock springs, Macan (Sport+), 718 Boxster, or Infinity FX37...

Here is an example of a ride: https://youtube.com/shorts/DpsQx10Q3e8?feature=share

I'm curious is that common for everyone who installed MSS? Or MSS springs should behave similarly to stock in such cases?...
alexkhomich wondering if you got any responses on this one? I had the MSS installed on my 2020 X3m COMP, stock height, 12mm spacers, running 265/295 PS4S, and getting this exact same issue. Always over speedbumps over 20-25mph and on big road dips. Its almost a "bang" noise as if I'm bottoming out or the tire is hitting the wheel arch. I saw someone mentioned it could be due to the spare? it looks pretty insulated back there with all the styroform so wondering how that could be the issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 12:32 PM   #866
alexkhomich
Registered
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X4MC, 718BS, VW Touareg V8 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLPras View Post
alexkhomich wondering if you got any responses on this one? I had the MSS installed on my 2020 X3m COMP, stock height, 12mm spacers, running 265/295 PS4S, and getting this exact same issue. Always over speedbumps over 20-25mph and on big road dips. Its almost a "bang" noise as if I'm bottoming out or the tire is hitting the wheel arch. I saw someone mentioned it could be due to the spare? it looks pretty insulated back there with all the styroform so wondering how that could be the issue.
They did not explained it well. But I got the source of issue myself. The bump stop height (the one brought fron stock rear) is not enough high to handle the extreme compression when adjusting ring is over the base height ring.

If you lower the car more the weird sounds will disappear. Only bump shock sound remains as I it is supposed to be.

I lowered cat to keep 5mm spacing between rings on front and about 20mm on rear.
Appreciate 0