BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #23
Jeepersjoey
Stay Tuned!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 m40i

I don't know any better but I would definitely say it is photoshopped. Every single light, reflection, wheel spoke...everything is exactly the same between the two pics except the wheel.

Maybe the installation left the camera setup, raised and lowered exactly in the same spot, and perfectly aligned the wheels when they put it back on.

Probably not.

Too bad...I thought IND was a legit company not playing photo games to benefit themselves.

(Drop the mic)
Paul
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 11:58 PM   #24
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Since our inception, we've tried our very best to provide our potential / current customers a very transparent way to view the differences between stock and modified. In fact, if you reference some of our earliest threads, you'll notice some GIFs showing the differences in ride heights—most notably on E9X M3 and F10 M5. Later instances of the F87 M2 adjustable lower lip made similar use of photoshop in order to clearly show the range of adjustment. These instances were all photoshopped images to enhance clarity and were more often viewed as a help to the community rather than deceit.

Indeed, this is a similar case here. To guarantee that we had a proper reference point, we had the camera set up on a tripod to document the actual before / after photos. As was stated above, raising the car with a jack does not guarantee it will land in precisely the same spot. Therefore, using the captured before / after photo as a reference point, we chose to give customers a more apples to apples comparison via photoshop to 100% replicate the viewing angle and delta between OE and 15mm and hopefully help customers who may have a hard time deciding between 12 or 15 millimeter sizing. Clearly if you look at the other photos outside our warehouse, the single photo alteration called into question was performed to be as true to a real world reflection as humanly possible.

We thoroughly appreciate everyone's keen eye—if attention to detail is truly your obsession, you'll certainly also appreciate the machining work on this spacer set.
MONSTAR517.00
      06-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #25
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

To be clear, I find no fault with IND for what they did. As they discussed, this is the logical way to properly show a detailed before and after. Just tickled my funny bone. When my M40i eventually gets delivered, I will definitely be spending a lot of money with them!
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019143.00
      06-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #26
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@IND View Post
Since our inception, we've tried our very best to provide our potential / current customers a very transparent way to view the differences between stock and modified. In fact, if you reference some of our earliest threads, you'll notice some GIFs showing the differences in ride heights—most notably on E9X M3 and F10 M5. Later instances of the F87 M2 adjustable lower lip made similar use of photoshop in order to clearly show the range of adjustment. These instances were all photoshopped images to enhance clarity and were more often viewed as a help to the community rather than deceit.

Indeed, this is a similar case here. To guarantee that we had a proper reference point, we had the camera set up on a tripod to document the actual before / after photos. As was stated above, raising the car with a jack does not guarantee it will land in precisely the same spot. Therefore, using the captured before / after photo as a reference point, we chose to give customers a more apples to apples comparison via photoshop to 100% replicate the viewing angle and delta between OE and 15mm and hopefully help customers who may have a hard time deciding between 12 or 15 millimeter sizing. Clearly if you look at the other photos outside our warehouse, the single photo alteration called into question was performed to be as true to a real world reflection as humanly possible.

We thoroughly appreciate everyone's keen eye—if attention to detail is truly your obsession, you'll certainly also appreciate the machining work on this spacer set.
This is a very clever and well considered response.

However, unless I’m missing something, it appears the before photo is exaggerated. If I take a photo of mine with no spacers, from the same angle, I can’t see the bottom of the rear edge of the wheel arch, but in your photo we can:

Bottom of arch circled:

Bottom of arch not visible:

Angle I have to take photo from to see bottom of arch:

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #27
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'd chalk it up to an honest mistake. A negligible one, at that.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #28
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

It also might be that when the car is placed backdown on the ground and not driven around for a bit, the car technically has a bit of positive camber - mine went back to it's usual negative-camber and seated after driving around for a couple of days.
      06-25-2019, 08:52 PM   #29
Jeepersjoey
Stay Tuned!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 m40i

I (kinda) am sorry that I fueled the fire on this one.

I am glad that IND had an applicable response. Well done, boys!

Once my eye was drawn to it, it was rather interesting that every single reflection was exactly the same. Since I have never really paid attention to a picture being photoshopped, and have never photoshopped a pic, it was enlightening to view it. Neat, eh?

Regardless, well done boys. Well done!

Paul
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 05:28 AM   #30
PCM2810
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
[QUOTE=IND-Distribution;24915354]We also installed some Phytonic Blue Metallic painted front reflectors as well.

Future Classic 5x112 Wheel Spacer Set (15F/15R)

Before:

After:

[URL="https://ind-distribution.com/products/future-classic-bmw-5x112-wheel-spacer-kit"]

Do you have forum discount and can you make a g01 essential kit ?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #31
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCM2810 View Post
Do you have forum discount and can you make a g01 essential kit ?
PM Sent.
      09-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #32
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Handled!

Last edited by Alias1431; 09-11-2020 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #33
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
Tell your webmaster to disable autoplay videos that give me heart attacks and wake my wife and baby when I browse your site late at night and your videos start playing at 100% volume on some pages. Huge, huge design no-no these days.
Thanks, PM sent.
      12-29-2020, 09:35 PM   #34
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
PM Sent.
Id be interested in a forum discount as well if you are feeling inclined. I will need some painted reflectors and spacers next week

Thanks,

Greg
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 06:07 AM   #35
VrmmVrmm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 XLine G01

Looking at this result I'm going to be frank...not critical as I respect personal choice...I don't see the benefit or the point. I purchased my G01 for what it was.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 08:06 AM   #36
Toodalu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 & 19 X3

I purchased the 15MM spacers and the stance is better.

Seems to be something about these G01 owners and wheel spacers, which tends to be ignorance and lack of knowledge behind modifications. Simply put, wheel spacers are meant to give the vehicle a better stance. Some use wheel spacers due to clearance issues with brembo calipers to wheel setup or vice versa. 15MM is the most ideal for any vehicle and they are safe. While there are horror stories of wheel spacers cracking, but that happens when you get that "GREAT DEAL" on a set of spacers for peanuts.

Here's another perspective. What's the difference if you get aftermarket wheels or OEM wheels that have more aggressive specs? (wider and aggressive offset). You're still achieving the same thing by going with a stance look. Yes, while wheels are more ideal because you could run wider wheels (install wider tires) but the overall concept is the same. How about wheels cracking? It also does happen mainly from rep wheels. Either setup is fine. Wheels and tires will cost you more vs spacers.

I doubt it but I would say a very small % of G01 owners will take their vehicles off roading or on trails. Even then, I don't see why anyone would with the stock tires.. Many that auto cross their vehicles have spacers or aftermarket wheels.
2022 M3 Competition XDrive
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2020, 11:31 AM   #37
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

I went back and forth between the 12mm and 15mm spacers, but decided on the 12's with BBS CC-R wheels. Either likely would have been fine, but the 12mm spacers tucked the rear wheels plane with rear mud flaps.

The IND spacers are beautifully machined, packaged and even include anti seize and a brush
      12-31-2020, 07:43 AM   #38
VrmmVrmm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 XLine G01

[QUOTE=Toodalu;27065760]I purchased the 15MM spacers and the stance is better.

Seems to be something about these G01 owners and wheel spacers, which tends to be ignorance and lack of knowledge behind modifications. Simply put, wheel spacers are meant to give the vehicle a better stance.

Who's measuring the ignorance and by what standard? Lack of knowledge may well be a case of leaving well enough well alone! As for better stance that's completely subjective and in the eye of the owner...to run down other views by your inferences is not exactly putting a case that stands up at all....and in fact undermines your own! On the other hand if you've an extensive files which shows that the so called 'horror stories' you mention were down to "Cheap" bargains only, then you are indeed the Guru of wheel spacers...and a fully informed one at that. Don't underestimate others that may well be very well informed and know when something does or does not meet any standards particularly safety standards. You do in fairness point out that not too many will use their new G01s for hacking around I venture that's because the G01 though 4xwheel drive is not designed with that activity as it's main end user goal.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 03:03 PM   #39
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I bought 15mm spacers, solely for looks, and they're great! Ride does not seem any different. Wheels really fill out the wheel wells now. Looks like it should have looked.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2021, 07:30 AM   #40
Toodalu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 & 19 X3

[QUOTE=VrmmVrmm;27069654]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodalu View Post
I purchased the 15MM spacers and the stance is better.

Seems to be something about these G01 owners and wheel spacers, which tends to be ignorance and lack of knowledge behind modifications. Simply put, wheel spacers are meant to give the vehicle a better stance.

Who's measuring the ignorance and by what standard? Lack of knowledge may well be a case of leaving well enough well alone! As for better stance that's completely subjective and in the eye of the owner...to run down other views by your inferences is not exactly putting a case that stands up at all....and in fact undermines your own! On the other hand if you've an extensive files which shows that the so called 'horror stories' you mention were down to "Cheap" bargains only, then you are indeed the Guru of wheel spacers...and a fully informed one at that. Don't underestimate others that may well be very well informed and know when something does or does not meet any standards particularly safety standards. You do in fairness point out that not too many will use their new G01s for hacking around I venture that's because the G01 though 4xwheel drive is not designed with that activity as it's main end user goal.
If you're part of any G01 FB groups, you will understand my comment of ignorance and lack of knowledge. One thing to not understand why but another thing to make ignorant statements. Wheel spacers seem to be a sensitive topic for most G01 owners. I'm a true car enthusiast and modify all my vehicles. I was also an ASE master certified technician so it plays a role as an enthusiast. I'm not a fan of aggressive wheel spacers or terrible stance vehicles. 15MM is the most ideal spacer in general and the best for the G01 where the stance is proper and looks OEM.
2022 M3 Competition XDrive
Appreciate 2
Alias1431795.00
prototyp228.00
      04-12-2021, 11:02 PM   #41
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
The hub bolts in this kit will not work for the G01 as of yet. Those hub bolts were made for the F90 M5 which are different.
Does the hub bolts in this kit now work with G01 now?

I see in the IND's install video on F97 the two hub bolts seem to work there.

Haven't seen other hub centric spacers that include hub bolts.

This video seem to suggest having hub bolts with the spacers solved his problem,

This brand (IND's brand ???) also seem to have that notch on the back side.
Appreciate 0