BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-03-2019, 10:33 AM   #45
NikoS3
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3 F25 Lci

I got the steering wheel from another F25 here in Greece that upgraded to the new M wheel, and am using my original airbag.

Checked and the wiring is missing all the way from the steering wheel to the box behind the glovebox, both plugs, so no wiring to the engine bay... Will check the engine bay as well and hope at least the last part that goes to the transmission is there...
Has anyone tried it on an Lci?

Nikos
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 05:06 AM   #46
MSportTune2
First Lieutenant
Aland Islands
Rep
Drives: F30 MSport

I have a sDrive 20i LCI with paddleshift.
I just installed the F30 MSport steering wheel. It's a direct swap. No modifications or coding needed.

If you originally don't have paddleshift and want to add, wiring is needed and need to code to 2TB. This portion of it my installer did on my F30.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 08:42 AM   #47
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
I currently have a 2011 X3 with M-sport wheel, paddles and heat. If it got a F30 M-sport wheel with paddles, heat and vibration would there be any issues since my X3 doesn't have lane assist/etc for the vibration? Is the vibration just a plug I don't plug in when installing?

thanks
Current: 2020 X5 x40i M-Sport, Arctic Grey Metallic / Ivory White, Executive Package, Luggage Compartment Package, Integral Active Steering, Tow Package, Parking Assist Package, Driving Assist Package, M-Sport brakes, Tux Mats
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 02:47 PM   #48
NikoS3
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3 F25 Lci

Yes, you can use the steering wheel, you just leave unplugged the harness for the lane assist. Did that on mine any everything works perfectly.

Nikos
Appreciate 1
najnad171.00
      06-24-2019, 12:37 PM   #49
najnad
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I made the mistake that not all steering wheels that look like the F30 steering wheel fit the F25. I picked up one today and to my dismay, the hole in the new steering wheel was too large for the F25 steering shaft! Turns out, this wheel for the 5-series F07/F10/F11 and 6-series F06/12/13 does not fit the F25! Ugh! Hope the seller will take it back...
Current: 2020 X5 x40i M-Sport, Arctic Grey Metallic / Ivory White, Executive Package, Luggage Compartment Package, Integral Active Steering, Tow Package, Parking Assist Package, Driving Assist Package, M-Sport brakes, Tux Mats
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 04:24 PM   #50
subieworx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by najnad View Post
I made the mistake that not all steering wheels that look like the F30 steering wheel fit the F25. I picked up one today and to my dismay, the hole in the new steering wheel was too large for the F25 steering shaft! Turns out, this wheel for the 5-series F07/F10/F11 and 6-series F06/12/13 does not fit the F25! Ugh! Hope the seller will take it back...
I have an almost perfect f30 m sport wheel with paddles and airbag I will sell for cheap if you want.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 06:44 PM   #51
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by subieworx View Post
I have an almost perfect f30 m sport wheel with paddles and airbag I will sell for cheap if you want.
Pics? or do you have it listed in the F30 classifieds?
      07-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #52
najnad
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just installed my (used) F30 M-Sport wheel. I added the paddle shifters the ///M models have...from what I have seen, the differences between the M-Sport and the ///M wheels are: shape of paddle shifters; colored vs black stitching; the lower center insert/cover; and the M1 and M2 buttons. I wasn't willing to spend a few hundred more for those.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #53
smoothmoka
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: f25

Hi All,

I just installed a regular OEM F30 steering wheel (not M-sport) with paddles on my f25 28i but the heater doesn't work. I've made sure my wiring were plugged in properly. My old steering wheel had heat and I even swapped the little module from my stock wheel to the F30 wheel but no cigar! Is coding needed to activate F30 steering wheel heater? I thought it would be just plug and play. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #54
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

I did it with heated F30 wheel. No paddles though. I'm selling the X3 so this wheel is for sale with airbag!
Attached Images

AUDI S4: SOLD
BMW E92 335: SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #55
najnad
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoka View Post
Hi All,

I just installed a regular OEM F30 steering wheel (not M-sport) with paddles on my f25 28i but the heater doesn't work. I've made sure my wiring were plugged in properly. My old steering wheel had heat and I even swapped the little module from my stock wheel to the F30 wheel but no cigar! Is coding needed to activate F30 steering wheel heater? I thought it would be just plug and play. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
Does the light on the heat button turn on when you press it? If not, check wiring again. And are you sure the new wheel has heat? does it have vibration? 2 set of wires coming from the bottom if it has heat and vibration, one set if it only has one of the two, and of course none if none.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #56
smoothmoka
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by najnad View Post
Does the light on the heat button turn on when you press it? If not, check wiring again. And are you sure the new wheel has heat? does it have vibration? 2 set of wires coming from the bottom if it has heat and vibration, one set if it only has one of the two, and of course none if none.
Yes, the button light comes on. The wheel has no vibration but 2 sets of wires come out from the bottom (slim black and white box); 1 gets plugs in to the middle-right part of the wheel but 1 set of wires (branches to 2 connectors) has nowhere to connect to...I believe those wires are for the vibration motor? Am I wiring this correct?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #57
najnad
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoka View Post
Yes, the button light comes on. The wheel has no vibration but 2 sets of wires come out from the bottom (slim black and white box); 1 gets plugs in to the middle-right part of the wheel but 1 set of wires (branches to 2 connectors) has nowhere to connect to...I believe those wires are for the vibration motor? Am I wiring this correct?

Thanks!
Pics would help.
Appreciate 0