BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #133
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
I think the CF brace is an option , not standard ??
Damn, that piece itself almost $1400.
I would say it would be an option.
BMW won't throw that in for free.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #134
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfan007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
We are likely on the same train car...both coming to California...
Could you check when you get yours if they changed the aluminum strut tower brace to carbon. They were supposedly doing the switch over for sept builds.
We don't take delivery of ours till the 24th, really want to know if they updated it to the carbon strut tower brace.
They said the carrier leaves the factory Sunday headed to California. This particular Genius associate said it could be a truck direct or a train it just depends on the amount coming to our area or something but I don't trust her guessing. I read an extensive article explaining the bmw logistics which switched over to railway to cut down road congestion and pollution...it also speeds up the entire process apparently; but who knows; we can call Monday to get a better assessment. Didn't ask about the brace; I only just checked this now....Max Well will receive his first since his was dispatched the other day...perhaps he could take pics of his when it arrives...send him a message; his was built in the same batch as ours...

(Edit; SA just advised mine was released to carrier this morning. I think the online system is about a day behind)
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #135
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Quote:
Some people say it is, some say they were making a switchover to the carbon unit for the Sept builds. I honestly don’t know. Will they include it with the Carbon PKG? that won’t be available to order until 12/19 is another possibility.
X3/4M builds from August onwards will either have the carbon strut bar or be entitled to receive one to replace the aluminum strut bar that's currently on their vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #136
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
Quote:
Some people say it is, some say they were making a switchover to the carbon unit for the Sept builds. I honestly don’t know. Will they include it with the Carbon PKG? that won’t be available to order until 12/19 is another possibility.
X3/4M builds from August onwards will either have the carbon strut bar or be entitled to receive one to replace the aluminum strut bar that's currently on their vehicle.
If this is true I'll take the credit for one and use it to reduce the purchase price or get a different accessory....hahaha
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #137
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If that is the case, I will be very2 happy.
1 less thing to mod, haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #138
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Well if anyone wants to sell theirs off, hit me up. Lol I'll be looking to pick one up. Unfortunately, the above doesn't apply to me since I have a June build X3M. =(
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #139
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Mine was built in August. No mention of a credit.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #140
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
They said the carrier leaves the factory Sunday headed to California. This particular Genius associate said it could be a truck direct or a train it just depends on the amount coming to our area or something but I don't trust her guessing. I read an extensive article explaining the bmw logistics which switched over to railway to cut down road congestion and pollution...it also speeds up the entire process apparently; but who knows; we can call Monday to get a better assessment. Didn't ask about the brace; I only just checked this now....Max Well will receive his first since his was dispatched the other day...perhaps he could take pics of his when it arrives...send him a message; his was built in the same batch as ours...
No worries - will definitely be sharing some images when she arrives!
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #141
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well if anyone wants to sell theirs off, hit me up. Lol I'll be looking to pick one up. Unfortunately, the above doesn't apply to me since I have a June build X3M. =(
I don't see anywhere on my options sheet online where it has the brace under the hood as carbon fiber unless it's captured under "carbon fiber trim" it's a wait and see....
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #142
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't see anywhere on my options sheet online where it has the brace under the hood as carbon fiber unless it's captured under "carbon fiber trim" it's a wait and see....
It is option code S1MPA.

Let's scratch that scratcher and see if you hit the jackpot or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #143
spasticthinker
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 335i Blk/Blk

Quote:
Status just flipped this morning to "Dispatched from Factory" - I need to update my location, I moved to Denver about a year ago! Gonna call a Genius on Monday to see if they can give the timing for delivery. I head out on a business trip on Thursday for about a week, so I suspect they'll say it delivers Friday

BTW this is the first "build stage" that I've been able to use the VIN to check out the owners manual and pull it up in the Driver's Guide app, so hopefully that'll tide me over a while!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #144
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spasticthinker View Post
Quote:
Status just flipped this morning to "Dispatched from Factory" - I need to update my location, I moved to Denver about a year ago! Gonna call a Genius on Monday to see if they can give the timing for delivery. I head out on a business trip on Thursday for about a week, so I suspect they'll say it delivers Friday

BTW this is the first "build stage" that I've been able to use the VIN to check out the owners manual and pull it up in the Driver's Guide app, so hopefully that'll tide me over a while!
It's addicting doing this tracking lol; ya I suspect they'll arrive next weekend and available for sales center deliveries the week of 9/20 (estimate)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #145
spasticthinker
Rep

Quote:
It's addicting doing this tracking lol; ya I suspect they'll arrive next weekend and available for sales center deliveries the week of 9/20 (estimate)
You can say that again, it has become my morning (and often intraday) routine!

Imagine my surprise though when I checked this morning and saw the status was At the Dealership? I'm wondering if there's an error of some kind here, because I know logistics has improved over time but having a vehicle show up in Denver 24 hours after it was assigned transport seems a little too impressive...

My dealer is closed today unfortunately, but I'll be on the phone with them tomorrow to see what's up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Max Well4737.50
Mfan00783.50
      09-08-2019, 09:51 AM   #146
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Imagine my surprise though when I checked this morning and saw the status was At the Dealership? I'm wondering if there's an error of some kind here, because I know logistics has improved over time but having a vehicle show up in Denver 24 hours after it was assigned transport seems a little too impressive...

My dealer is closed today unfortunately, but I'll be on the phone with them tomorrow to see what's up.
Could be that the online tracking system is behind; in other threads many (almost all) were saying it's delayed by a few days....ya never know! Hope it's already there; fingers crossed.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #147
Max Well
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You can say that again, it has become my morning (and often intraday) routine! Imagine my surprise though when I checked this morning and saw the status was At the Dealership? I'm wondering if there's an error of some kind here, because I know logistics has improved over time but having a vehicle show up in Denver 24 hours after it was assigned transport seems a little too impressive... My dealer is closed today unfortunately, but I'll be on the phone with them tomorrow to see what's up.
Mine shows the same thing, but it is accurate as I got an email late yesterday from the Dealership indicating it had just arrived. They couldn't get it prepped until Monday, so I'm hoping to pick her up tomorrow! Perhaps you can as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #148
Mfan007
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 CS.....X3MC

Quote:

Please check too see if yours came with the Carbon fiber strut brace. Yours is a sept build?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #149
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Would love to see pics of that Phytonic blue when it is delivered!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #150
spasticthinker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Mine shows the same thing, but it is accurate as I got an email late yesterday from the Dealership indicating it had just arrived. They couldn't get it prepped until Monday, so I'm hoping to pick her up tomorrow! Perhaps you can as well.
Thanks Max, and very nice - congrats! Looking forward to the pics...

Quote:
Please check too see if yours came with the Carbon fiber strut brace. Yours is a sept build?
Will do when I take delivery, it is a September build (although quite early, it built on the 5th according to Genius and the tracker).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Would love to see pics of that Phytonic blue when it is delivered!
Definitely will have some pics up when I've picked it up, although if you hadn't seen them previously jpdchicago was kind enough to post a few very nice Phytonic blue pics on page three of this thread!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #151
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Oddly, I called in my vehicle is at the VPCC waiting to get picked up and taken to the sales center as of 9/6 and was scheduled for pick up yesterday....it's to arrive to the dealer today. Genius said the online system is indeed behind....shipping from SC to CA was really fast...only 1 day? Crazy. Hopefully I'll get a call/email from the sales center today or tomorrow...

Edit;
Just changed to dispatched from factory
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 11:10 AM   #152
spasticthinker
Rep

Quote:
Oddly, I called in my vehicle is at the VPCC waiting to get picked up and taken to the sales center as of 9/6 and was scheduled for pick up yesterday....it's to arrive to the dealer today. Genius said the online system is indeed behind....shipping from SC to CA was really fast...only 1 day? Crazy. Hopefully I'll get a call/email from the sales center today or tomorrow...
Nice! I'm gonna find out myself for sure in a couple hours as my sales guy is working the later shift so he won't be in and able to check for a bit, but it's sounding like it will have indeed made it.

We're gonna need a new thread for the influx of pics!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #153
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Nice! I'm gonna find out myself for sure in a couple hours as my sales guy is working the later shift so he won't be in and able to check for a bit, but it's sounding like it will have indeed made it.

We're gonna need a new thread for the influx of pics!
What shall we call it?? Delivery day pics?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 11:22 AM   #154
Max Well
Colonel
Rep

Great news for you all out West! You may have them before me, as it looks like I won't be able to make it there today. Hopefully tomorrow, we'll see.
Appreciate 1